Venere.compoor customer service

H Review updated:

I have booked a room through Venere, as I have done many times before, and although the room wasn't advertised as prepaid, Venere charged my credit card. This is a problem as it was a business trip and I could not get the receipt at the hotel, and Venere customer service constantly ignores my e-mails... The receipt is needed as it was a business trip so I need it for accounting purposes.

Does anyone know what can I do if the customer service does not reply to my messages, which higher instance can I turn to in such a case?

• S
      Jun 29, 2013

I feel that this comp[any is a cons man. Out to rob everyone it can. Charging you for a night you were not even at the hotel. They feel they have the upper hand on you, because you are a visitor out of the country. They have the right to just out rob you. This not you would like for me to tell everyone how they are taking my money for no service. Specially wouldn't reccordment it this hotel to anyone either.

• S
      Jun 29, 2013

I just want correction on the billing. Just charged for only one night that my son was there Lawrence Smith. June 29, 2013.

• L
      Jul 18, 2013

I booked today & noticed the confirmation email did not have the right number of guests. We were only booked for 4 but it should have been 5. I called customer service hoping to correct the mistake and I was told that I could either upgrade to a larger room at TWICE the booked charge or cancel at a rate of $50 fee plus one night's stay. There's where my problem comes in, the confirmation email I received from them clearly states that the cancellation fee is $30 USD. When I told my non english speaking customer service rep this, his response was "prove it". He told me to send a copy of that email to an email address & his "team" would take a look at it and reply accordingly. Just as I figured the email was returned, not a working email...go figure! So looks like I'm going to let my kids call customer service so that one of these scammers can tell them that thanks to venere.com ripping us off 60% of our budget we can no longer afford to re-book! I only wish I had read the scathing consumer affairs reviews before I was taken for a ride by this company...BEWARE