Menu

Vauxhall Motors - corsa caliper seal/breaks

R
Author of the complaint
8:15 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had a major dispute with Vauxhall Peter Vardy in Perth. I have found their staff extremely rude and sarcastic and the customer care disgusting - I was actually lost for words.

My car went in for a Service at a local garage on Monday. The brakes had felt strange for a while. The garage found that the Caliper Seal had popped out which caused the RHS break to seize on so the pads & discs required replacing. The garage (whom I've used for a long time and trust totally) had popped the seal back into place (which went back in with no problems/damage) and said everything was fine except the break pads/discs and gave a price to fix.

As the seal should not have come out I contacted Vauxhall who booked the car in saying "I would not incurr a charge whilst it was under warranty" my understanding of this statement was that this meant the car.

Vauxhall phoned to say the seal was 'ripped off and missing' and as it was damage caused by a 'person' working on the car (I was initially told it could have been caused by a stone coming up under the car) and the car had been looked at elsewhere that they could not cover this under warranty.

I went back and fourth between the original garage & Vauxhall numerous times and what Vauxhall were telling me didn't make sense. They were argumentative and rude in every dealing I had.

I was then told that I had to pay for them looking at the car. When I said I was reluctant, I was told that my car 'would not be released until payment had been made' and in a very unfriendly manner.

I requested full details of what was wrong and price for fixing. They advised that the caliper was corroded as water had been getting in due to the disintegration of the seal (which now they said was not torn off and lost!) The said I needed a new caliper at a cost of over £200 and break pads/discs at over £180.

I collected the car paying by cheque which I've promptly cancelled until I take this further. I put the car back into 1st trustworthy garage and they have sent pictures and advised that it is only the very edge of the seal which is damaged and there is no water etc getting in. The caliper is working fully (although there is a slight bit of corrosion) and does not require replaced. They have replaced the discs and pads but have advised to keep an eye on the seal as still unsure why it was out in the 1st place.

I will take this further, however, do not hold out any hope. I did contact Vauxhall Customer Services, but was advised that she would have to take "the Vauxhall garage's techincal report" so I am at a loss as to what 'service' they provide customers if they are simply reiterating the garages story which customers are unhappy with?

One thing I do know - I will never go to Vauxhall Peter Vardy in Perth ever again and I think this will be my last Vauxhall car. Honda sorted my Air Con in my previous car, without a 2nd thought, when the warranty had expired.

Update by Rachel Chalmers
Aug 17, 2013 8:12 am

They are a nightmare! I have no understanding of cars but it certainly sounds like the things listed would not have suddenly appeared from nowhere in 11 months and not normal 11 month wear and tear! I have since (my original post) sold the Vauxhall corsa and bought a mini. Have received 1st class service and beyond from BMW and not at a cost either. The Mini Cherish which came with the car covered all work required at it's 1st trip back to the garage...I'm very impressed. If I were you I'd take it to another garage - perhaps a small local one with good reputation to assess what's wrong and cost repairs (I used Eric Shepherd out Stormont Road, Bridge End Perth - he's really good and honest and takes time to source reasonably priced parts etc). I sadly got nowhere with trying to pursue my Vauxhall issues or addressing the terrible customer service (still not experience anyone as rude as the staff I had to deal with there) however, I had no Vauxhall warranty on car so hopefully you'll have more luck...

Helpful? 0 0

More Vauxhall Motors complaints & reviews

Vauxhall Motors - terrible experience
Vauxhall Motors - repairs
Vauxhall Motors - rubbish car worse customer service
Vauxhall Motors - awful company
Vauxhall Motors - shocking experience!
Vauxhall Motors - customer service
Vauxhall Motors - customer service woes
Vauxhall Motors - awful service
2 comments
T
Oct 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Perter vardys Aberdeen is the same, worst sales man in Aberdeen for Peter vardy is kenny cambell

0 0
P
Aug 17, 2013 8:15 pm

I am having the same problem with the above garage was bought 11 months ago and I was advised to take the extra warranty which I was told would cover ever thatching mechanical except the tyres, wipers as they were wear and tear.
So the car went yesterday to Peter Vardy Perth for service and Mot and to our horror they told us that it would cost £1500 to put right .
We only bought the car 11 months ago a Astra for £5500 with only 37, 000 miles on the clock there is no way that the deffects they say the car has happened in 11 months.
Mot failed because of the wheel bearing. That's the only thing it failed on. But the other things that they noticed that were in the amber or red stages were axle bush worn and separated from plate. Corroded front discs. Rear pads 40% is only left. Rear brake pipes starting to rust. Flexi pipe leaking. Rocker cover gasket leaking and rear tyres castellated and worn on edges .
Can someone tell me were we stand I think they are at it, this is not right is there anything we can do?

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

53 complaints