Value PlusCustomer Service

T

I had trouble a few months back with their website. I had spoke with them about the use of credit cards. They stated they would begin accepting American. Express soon. This became an option on their website, but when I attempted to use an AMEX card it wouldn't accept it.. After numerous phone calls and emails it was determined that they would in fact not accept these cards even though the website claimed to. I went several weeks being unable to order. Finally I was able to order, using a different type of card. I logged in and a notice appeared stating I had not redeemed my welcome gift, after several months of this I clicked to accept it. Finally 6 months after submitting the form I was given, but not receiving anything else I email them. I was informed that I wasn't eligible for this. I explained I felt this was offered to compensation for my time and their lack of customer service, a retention incentive. Well they didn't feel the same and cancelled my membership with no explanation. Finally after several more emails I was given a reason... "Poor customer service". with this I must agree, it's been a nightmare, they charge my credit card and 10 or more days later they process my order. I will talk bad about them every chance I get and all those I recommended them to I will go back and explain what a mistake that was.

• Ju
    Julie Summers Dec 24, 2017

Ordering any product from infomercials is extremely risky because of who these companies hire to take their calls. Any number that is called from the tv to order a product or get information is being answered by another company. Credit card information is sold and personal information is sold to a data bank company and as you know, promises are not kept. Every "additional offer, " which is "Free Rewards Plus, " "Magazines, " etc, the company taking the calls for all infomercials benefits financially with these scams. Anyone who have elderly people in their families need to warn them about buying products on infomercials or even calling numbers from the tv, in order to protect them because that is who these companies prey on.

• Li
    Linda Trempe Sep 04, 2008

I also just noticed an unauthorized charge from this Value-Plus V on my debit card while checking my account online. My bank provided an 800 # under the description. When I called the # the first rep said I was being charged for "membership services" but could not tell me for what or even what the company was much less explain to me how they got my card #. I was irate telling him I hadn't ordered a thing and demanded to speak to a supervisor who basically denied having any record of my name/zip code in their files and couldn't refund my money as there was no customer history of me. I immediately called my bank, and found they'd charged me not just this once but for 3 months in a row. Now I've had to cancel my card and wait for a new one as well as fill out dispute papers with my bank. How do these crooks get our card #'s and how do they get away with this outrageous crap!!!???