Having problems with ValoreBooks?

268 Summer St Suite 502
Boston, Massachusetts

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ValoreBooks.

Complaints & Reviews

Valore Booksreturn refusal

Online retailer Valore Books, calling themselves "the student's textbook marketplace", advertises books supplied by other booksellers, in my case a company called Barracuda Books. I ordered "Drug Guide for Nurses" that was advertised as "hardcover" and received a CD-ROM instead. As a nursing student, I need to carry a printed reference guide with me in the clinical setting for repeated reference, and a CD-ROM does me no good. When I reported this to Barracuda Books by email (they do not provide a contact phone number)they responded by telling me that the ISBN number for the book I ordered is for a CD-ROM, even though my printed order confirmation clearly stated "hardcover." All that I asked for was to return the CD-ROM and get the hardcover version as I had ordered, but they refused, so I disputed the order with my credit card company, and payment was cancelled. As the final insult, I received an email from Barracuda Books that said they "understand the listing may have been confusing" and "We were going to offer to ship the actual book to you but since there is a credit card dispute we will not." I now own a CD-Rom version of a book that I really need for school, but is useless in the current format. I feel sorry for any other students, especially those who are struggling with finances like I am, who are taken advantage of by companies like Valore Books and Barracuda Books.

Aallshouse Jan 24, 2011

Hello Customer,

I apologize for the troubles you have experienced. I would like to assist you further, however I need more information if possible. Can you please send me your name, email address, and order number so I can search the history and see what went wrong. I am happy to assist you as soon as I am able to get the order information. You can also contact me anytime at [protected]@valorebooks.com or the phone number [protected] Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM PST. I look forward to assisting you, and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
      April

Aallshouse Apr 21, 2011

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the review you left for Valorebooks.com. I apologize for the expereince you received, and would like to address your concerns. If you can please contact me at [protected]@valorebooks.com or call at [protected] it would be greatly appreciated. I am in the office Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM PST. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
      Valorebooks

Valore BooksSell Back Scam

I sent a sell back order to Valore Books a little over a month ago, and still no word from them. Not even a confirmation email. They assure you it takes up to 14 days to receive your package, when it's a lie. They cut your sell back price after 30 days knowing that they either won't receive the package by that time, or have received it and won't process it by then. It's a SCAM and shady. I've spoken to 4 of their representatives and they all give me the run around and tell me my order's probably lost, but I'm not buying into this AT ALL. I will be taking legal action if my check isn't here soon. This is unethical and again...a SCAM.

Aallshouse Jun 23, 2010

Hello Ambar,

I apologize for the inconvenience about your sell back order. I forwarded correspondence through [protected]@valorebooks.com to you to ask for additional information, and see if we can quickly resolve this issue for you.

Christina
        [protected]
        [protected]@valorebooks.com

Aallshouse Jun 28, 2010

Hello Ambar,

Thank you for the information you provided while we researched and resolved this issue!

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,

Christina & The Customer Service Team
        [protected]
        [protected]@valorebooks.com

Jaime82abn Sep 07, 2010

Thank you guys soooo much!!! I was about to send some books out, but before I did, I decided to check these guys out on this website. Luckily I did. I will not be selling my books to these guys anymore. Listen to the people!!! 9 times out of 10 we are right when we warn people of bad business. I've been saved a few times and have also fallen victim to a company before. Sure enough when I checked them out here, they had a ton of complaints that were exactly like mine.

• Mc
        Mccurter Jan 25, 2012

This company completely scammed me out of my money. I returned a rented book that I did not use this semester and was sent an email to my SPAM folder that I did not notice till weeks later saying that the returned book was unacceptable due to water damage and they have CONVENIENTLY charged my stored credit card with an additional $122. They did not send me the book back which would have been another way of notifying me the condition was unacceptable bringing it to my attention they had charged my card $122..
        I tried reaching their customer service representative that can only be reached through email because the number they have on file goes to voicemail everytime and they do not return your phone calls. I was replied to through email by a representative by the name Wolfgang who OFFERED to send me the book back. Now, I think that is something the company should do right away. Hence if I DID want the book back I could sell it to somebody else but now that they have waited so long, the semester has already started leaving there no students with need for this book until NEXT semester. As a student, I CAN'T have this. Students are charged, charged, and charged again for schooling, the last thing I need is a company claiming I returned a damaged book that I did not even use and have no way to prove that I did not cause the damage.
        Who's to say this company isn't scamming us students out of our money and really damaging the books themselves so they can charge us and buy a new book for their company. OR who's to say the book really is damaged, they could be choosing random students to charge once a book gets to a certain used point just to buy a new one! ONE THING I AM CERTAIN, that book was returned in perfect condition and now... I am paying for it.

• Ss
        S Stokes May 21, 2013

I sent two books to sell backs, one New, never used and the other slightly used to Valore Books a little over a month ago, and still no word from them. Not even a confirmation email. They assure you it takes up to 14 days to receive your package, when it's a lie. They cut your sell back price after 30 days knowing that they either won't receive the package by that time, or have received it and won't process it by then. It's a SCAM and shady. I have not been able to talk to a representatives I only get a voicemail telling me to leave a message. This is BS and I’m not buying into this AT ALL. I will be taking legal action if my check isn't here soon. This is unethical and again...a SCAM. Times are too hard out here for people trying to do right. But there is always someone who don’t care.

• Ka
        Kathey O Aug 09, 2013

My grandson sent a book to Valore Books and I tracked it and it was received by them on May 30th, but no payment has ever been received. I used the number someone else posted on another website with a complaint of their own and was asked to leave a message which I did. I then hung up and called the National Association for College Stores. They gave me the number that is listed above. I called this number and they denied being Valore Books. They were very nice at the National Association for College Stores and it probably would not be a bad idea to call them [protected]) just to lodge a complaint. I am also going to make sure the college my grandson attends knows about their business practices since he got something and they were on their list. I am very angry given the fact that there are a lot of college students that need this money to purchase more books this fall and Valore Books appears to be taking advantage of them. It is just wrong!!!

Valore Books — Book Refund

Back in February, I sent Valore two separate book orders. They mail me a $35 check for all 4 books. The total...

Valore Books — sell back

December 31, 2009 printed mailing label, mailed - bought insurance. Got an email confirming package delivery...

Valore Books — fraud

I shipped books to them and received an email back that the most expensive book I had sent them was an...

Valore Books — 34 days and still no check

On [protected] i printed label, shipped one book. On [protected] I rec'd an email confirming receipt of book...

Saint Simons Island