Vacation Rental Prosgouging, dishonesty, renting uninhabitable homes

D

I currently have a BBB complaint filed against this company.

The rented a house that was uninhabitable, and I am a camper, so I am not picky at all.This house had sustained damage to the chimney, according to the maintenance department of VRP.

The carpet was wet and moldy and the house smelled extremely bad. It was an unhealthy place to stay so I requested an alternative. I gave a wide range area IN WHICH I WAS WILLING TO STAY. They offered only one.

According to the website, its price was comparable to the one we rented originally. However they wanted $974 more for the "upgrade." They blatantly gouged the price, knowing that we were 8 hours from home. They gave no consideration to the fact that we did not want an upgrade, we had no choice but to move, due to their negligence. Since then, they have attempted to charge my credit card several times without authorization.

They have been very dishonest and disorganized.My advice is to STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.