Vacances Sinorama Inc.company has refused to allow a later departure & will not refund

Y

Tel: [protected]
Email: [protected]@vacancesinorama.com
Web-site: www.vacancesinorama.com

Code for our particular trip: F1013-2015-CHGL-15 File nos. 5-6

You can imagine that after having spent a small fortune on last minute airfare from Montréal to Vancouver (at the end of August) because my mother was dying, we were really looking forward to our vacation departure date of October 13.

This was to be the trip of a lifetime, to celebrate my retirement. A two -week all inclusive tour of China with the above company, that we had paid in full. Unfortunately, it has turned out to be a living nightmare.

On September 6th, my husband fell ill and on September 11th, he had emergency surgery to remove a stage 3 cancerous kidney. I have attached a picture. (Documentation is available in French only.). On September 11th I wrote the email below to Vacances Sinorama, explaining our situation and requesting that they allow us to postpone the trip (tentatively to March 2016) . This was following a telephone conversation with someone in customer service who sounded quite open to the possibility of changing our departure date. All correspondence was in French. On September 13, they promptly answered back that the $4, 800 trip could not be refunded, postponed or transferred. No compromise on their part.

Legally, I know them have a right to do this but what about human kindness and compassion? What about customer service? We have already been through the wringer emotionally with a sudden death and an even suddener life threatening illness. Monetarily, we are living on a reduced income due to the fact that my husband has not worked since September 5. We could easily have done without the loss of $4, 800.

After all, I'm sure they were able to sell the trip to someone else. So why should they collect twice for the same trip while we end up throwing $4, 800 out the window? All I'm asking for is that they make us a fair offer. In our situation, is that too much to hope for?

(See e-mails below)
Bonjour,
Mme. Cailyer,
Nous regrettons pour cette situation, il est dommage que vous ne pouvez pas partir à votre voyage; cependant, le forfait était une vente finale, malheureusement le voyage est non remboursable, non changeable et non transférable, seulement le frais de pourboire de $150/per est remboursable.
Nous souhaitons un bon guérison pour M.Cailyer.

Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter. /
If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us.

Service à la Clientèle/Customer Service

From: Pierre Cailyer [mailto:[protected]@gmail.com]
Sent: 2015年9月11日 20:35
To: [protected]@vacancesinorama.com
Subject: Code de voyage F1013-2015-CHGL-15 numéro de dossier 5 & 6

Mon mari, Pierre Cailyer, a été opéré d'urgence ce matin a l'hôpital St-Luc pour un cancer du rein. (Nous pourrions vous fournir des preuves sur demande.) C'était totalement imprévu.

Nous avons un départ avec Sinorama le 13 octobre. Nous savons maintenant que ça serait impossible. Pouvez-vous nous offrir un crédit pour un voyage semblable avec un départ dans 6 mois ou plus? Nous pensions avoir une assurance-voyage mais ce n'est pas très intéressant parce qu'ils ne rembourseront que $1, 000 chaque.

Ce voyage était le voyage de nos rêves et je sais que mon mari souhaite d'y aller malgré son problème de santé.

Merci de votre compréhension.

Yvonne Cailyer

• La
    Laur Lucy Jan 23, 2019

Captivating China &Yangtze River Cruise 13 Days AUE-T000864 all t
    China trips canceled August 2018 by Ontario and British Columbia Tourist Board.

I purchased the Sinorama Travel Protection Plan to cover cost of trip for cancellation for any reason.

US$2543.00 is the amount covered by the plan.

• Ce
    celia rivas Sep 03, 2018

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A REFUND .

CELIA RIVAS