UPSding dong ditching, damaged packages, poor tracking

UPS absolutely sucks, they ring your doorbell and make a run for the truck. If they do deliver your package they just leave it out in front of your door to be stolen, or if you live in an apartment complex they leave it at the main building and don't notify you as to where they delivered it to.

I once got a guitar delivered by them, when I got it the guitar was just inside a box with absolutely no packing material and the guitar was severely damaged. The second guitar I got from the same company via FedEx came with proper packaging and in the original box.

UPS once left a package outside my house while I was home and failed to even ring the doorbell or knock, it was like a phantom delivery. The package happened to be a hard drive, and living in Nebraska the temperature changes pretty rapidly. Needless to say the hard drive failed to work when I went to install it.

Don't even get me started on the tracking, needless to say it's nonexistent. About all it can tell you is, UPS has your package and you better hope to god you get it one piece.

Word for the wise, stay away from UPS. Their name should be changed to Unbelievably Poor Service.

• Ti
    tigersharkdude Sep 14, 2009

had this happen today, with some parts for my car. i was sitting beside the door, and my stepdad was mowing. 3 cars in the driveway, yet he said nobody was home, and left

• D2
    D2G Dec 15, 2009

Same thing happend here today - They are using weather as an excuse, but yet Fedex and USPS have delivered everyday.. Funny too - UPS delivered one of our packages, but said the other 3 were not able to be delivered because of "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL "

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices