Universal Vacation ClubScam Fraud TImeshare Promises

L

I am writing in regards to my time share contract with Resort Communications International for the Villa Del Arco property in Los Cabos Mexico. My boyfriend and I toured the property in July 2010. We were impressed with the grounds and the time share opportunity and decided to purchase. We were told that there were two properties Arco and Palamar that we could choose to stay at, but our time share was with the newer property Arco. However should Arco be booked we could stay at the Palamar and still be able to use Arco’s amenities, the pools and gym. We were ok if there was overflow that we stay at Palamar as long as we could use the pools and gym at Arco since they were newer and much nicer. Also, Palamar caters to children, and we do not have any.

I was excited to book our first stay, but first was a bit shocked to find out Arco is booked all the way through August. I find that hard to believe since this isn’t the high season. Further, I can book a room outside of my timeshare. We were told we’d have priority since we were time share owners. It’s a bit disconcerting that we cannot book at Arco.

Secondly, when I accepted a booking at Palamar I was told we cannot use the facilities, the gym or pools at Arco. This again is a VERY contradicting statement from what we were told when we purchased. Had we known this, we would not have purchased the time share, as Palamar’s gym is subpar to Arco.

Lastly, it’s extremely frustrating trying to reach anyone at Resort Com. They are often rude, unknowledgeable and transfer you to the wrong phone number. When I asked to speak to someone about my contract they transferred me to Panasonic. Very odd.

I am beyond frustrated, and am at the breaking point of taking legal action. I’ve been searching the internet and have discovered I am not the only one with these problems I found another gentleman’s post who is having the same exact problem I am having ID: DBlake dated January 17, 2009. This is very concerning as are the other numerous reports against this company.

I am happy to maintain our time share as long as we were given what was promised. An honest answer whether Arco is truly booked (which I don’t believe it is) and if it should be booked (as I know it may truly be in the future if we book short notice), that we are able to use the facilities at either hotel without an issue. Otherwise, it is fraud (bait and switch) from what we were promised and agreed to purchase at the time share presentation and I want a full refund.

• Bo
    Bobmex Jan 10, 2012

I have sent the following email to resortcom and the don't seem to want to answer.
    Dear sir

We have just returned from a weeks vacation at the Avalon Acapulco.
    Our previous vacations in the hotel had been reasonably ok. We had stayed in suites facing the sea and in a good sized suite.

This time we were shunted into the back of the hotel facing inland, not onto the beach.
    These rooms are rented for less than half the cost of the rooms at the front.

We were informed that all the suites were taken by associates that had superior contracts to ours.
    Also there were people moving in and out of the sea facing suites during the week. As our contract states we can only enter the hotel on a saturday this was also rather strange.

We feel somewhat cheated this vacation, as we are paying maintenance and thousands of dollars in order to be associates.

In conclusion I can only assume that there is a superior contract to platino or the hotel is letting the sea facing rooms out to non associate customers in order to make more money.

Could you please explain to me what is going on.

• Ha
    hans09 Feb 05, 2012

In 2009 I traded my timeshare in Cancun (2 weeks in September) for a timeshare at Flamingos at Puerto Vallarta. I never went back. Now I am interested to book two weeks in the summer of 2012 and found out that my so called delux apartment was only available for one week. With the trade in I almost paid 70K. San Diego BBB cannot help. Any suggestions?
    [email protected]

• eugeniia Nov 18, 2014

Timeshare fraud has been around since the timeshare idea was created, but they increase during poor economy. When times are difficult, timeshare owners are stuck with properties they can´t travel to or even afford. Desperate to recoup some money to pay for bills, they can easily become victims to scams artists pretending to be their timeshare salvation who will take upfront fees -as much as five number figures in some cases- but fail to fulfill their promise. http://www.timesharescam.com/