Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Logo

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International

Having problems with Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International?

1800 852 4755 (Customer Service)
+1 866 464 9284 (Elite / Residence Club)
+1 866 464 9280 (Villa Preferred Access)
+1 855 207 2028 (VPA Club)
+1 866 465 3882 (Gold Members)
+1 866 668 9261 (Cancun Members)
+1 866 303 9052 (Cancun Elite / Residence Club)
+1 866 668 9088 (Loreto Members)
6850 Bermuda Rd
Las Vegas, Nevada
United States - 89119-3615

Complaints & Reviews

Annual Maintenance Fees

Are any other owners, like me, at Villa del Palmar-Flamingos fed up with the annual 20% increases in maintenance fees for the last few years? Have you also been stonewalled by the operator when you requested reasonable explanations for the increases. Have you been insulted with the line "it's legal"? If so, contact me with your story. I'm a retired accounting and finance professional that has experience in exposing overcharges and dealing with difficult companies. If there are others like me, we need to take united action to avoid future abusive increases.

Annual Maintenance Fees

Universal Vacation Club
  • Hi Diane and Cristina,
    We would really appreciate if you give us the opportunity to contact you and clarify your issues with our firm, as the personnel for Gonzalez & Gonzalez is highly trained and supervised; and we can assure you that none of our customers have been attacked in any way.
    Looking through the files and data base of our company we do not show any record under the name of ¨Diane Jersey¨ and/or ¨Cristine ----¨, who are the people complaining and defaming against the firm.
    After 15 years of experience we knew some day this will happen, being conscious of this we back up ourselves by recording every incoming and outgoing telephone call.
    In case of the existence of a recorded conversation with you under another name, we would like to expose it to the internet community to prove the opposite of the complaints made on June 30th against Gonzalez & Gonzalez to discard the fact that the post was exposed by our competitors or from the timeshare developers full of frustration by our advocacy and success on the resolution of the cases handled at Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
    Also, Gonzalez and Gonzalez has never charged such exaggerated retainer fees, we have a long list of satisfied customers who support our firm, with identifications to validate their existence and able to show their satisfaction by the success in the resolution of their cases.
    Gonzalez & Gonzalez counts with ample evidence, to show the Internet community and guarantee that there is no existence of this type of situation in our firm.

Jeff Robbins Mar 21, 2010

I would like to direct any readers of this posting to go to a website I just published www.universalvacationclubmembers.com and read to your heart's content. It is addressing many issues and concerns with the Villa Group (Developer) and the UVC. If you are a UVC Member and would like to add your name to my UVC Member mailing list, please contact me via the “Contact Us” page on the site or send an email to [email protected] Jeff Robbins.

Timeshare ex-worker Aug 27, 2010

Hi, if you still have problems with UVC contact Joshua Garcia these are his e-mails [email protected] and [email protected], he is a representative from UVC and claims to represent the board of directors, don´t stop and keep fighting for your money.

Blatant Lies

ad my first Mexican vacation in Cabo San Lucas in April 09. Fell in love with the place, the lifestyle and...

Greedy Crooks

I hope to possibly help others from my timeshare nightmare with Universal Vacation Club.

My wife and I went to Puerto Vallarta Mexico in April of 2006 on our honeymoon. Once we arrived at the airport, we were invited to a presentation. My wife and I were hesitant but we agreed to go. We were picked up and brought to Villa Del Palmar Resort where we were introduced to Terri. Terri appeared to be a confident woman who really knew what she was doing. Normally, I'm a very skeptical person, but I must admit that she had us wrapped around her finger. She said many things that we later found to be untrue about our timeshare. We were told that you could deduct your timeshare on your IRS taxes because you would own investment property. She also said that we would not only be buying a vacation, but an investment for our future. She also told us that if we wanted, we could easily rent or sell our timeshare if we ever were too busy to travel which is completely untrue. Once we agreed to purchase the timeshare, they never even once mention that there was a 5 day cancellation period. Instead, they pointed out that if we were to cancel our membership, we would lose our down payment and possibly be reported to the debt creditors. Once our honeymoon was over, we went home and realized that we had made a mistake and needed to cancel our membership but it was too late. Not really knowing our options, we stupidly paid off our timeshare and continued to pay our maintenance fees in fear of having our credit affected and hopes of selling it one day. Of course to sell it, you have to keep the timeshare for one year. This is where we had made the mistake. What we should have done is file a complaint with the Federal Attorney's Office of Consumer (PROFECO) web site(http://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm). I've tried filing a complaint after 2.5 years, but they told me that there is a statute of limitations of one year since the purchase of my timeshare to file a complaint. So, even though it is too late for me, I urge anyone else to try to file a complaint with PROFECO([protected]@profeco.gob.mx). I don't want these stinking timeshares to take anymore money from unsuspecting victims.

Hope this helps as many people as possible and if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do with my timeshare, please let me know.
Thank you.

• Pt
    PTO Apr 07, 2009

Try going to Cabo San Lucas and relax

Ann Apr 13, 2009

In February I was in Puerto Vallarta and of course was hounded to death about going to a presentation. Finally we went to one, I said no to the salesperson but then was approached outside by a person who said he was with the Developer and not a salesperson. He told me about a Gold Trial Membership for $1, 500.00 and said it was with Interval International. He also said several times during the presentation that the maintenance fees were only $138.00. Well to my huge surprise after getting home I find out the membership is with Universal Vacation Club - first lie. Then I find out that the maintenance fees are over $700.000 - second lie. My list goes on and on. Minimally I think they should honor what their SALESPERSON Don Keefe told me about the $138.00 maintenance fee. How can these companies continue to scam the consumers and get away with it???

• Pt
    PTO Apr 17, 2009

Did you get the lower fees in writting on the contract or verbally ?

Developers Representative Oct 02, 2009

In response to the postings on this site, the Villa Group has responded to 90% of these complaints individually. If there remains any further disputes, the developer encourages members to contact the Developers Representative directly at 619-683-2338 and try to resolve each issue.

Terrible company

We were stopped at the Puerto Vallarta airport after we got our bags and were told these people were from Apple Vacation and they wanted to talk to us about upgrading our stay, they told us that we were Premier customers and were eligible for this upgrade. The gentleman told us we needed to meet with a representative from the upgraded resort and he wanted us to commit to a date so we agreed to meet on Sunday, this was Friday. He said he would pick us up Sun. We were then given a taxi ride to our resort, normally with Apple vacations ride is on a bus with the people in the colorful shirts, but we were told we were Premium vacation guests and this was part our our vacation.

We went to the Flamingo Resort on Sunday and were greeted by a gentleman named Gareth who took us to breakfast then showed us around, we asked on several occasions if this was a time share and were told over and over it was not, that it was an exclusive invitation for us to experience this resort, we were told we could spend the day and enjoy the facilities if we desired after his 75 minute presentation which was information letting us know how we could make this our vacation destination.

We got the whole sales pitch and Gareth made this sound too good to be true, finally after 2.5 hours Gareth got to the point. We told him we were not comfortable making this kind of decision in such a short time and that we needed time to think this through, he then offered for us to stay the day, then said he could see if they could 'move us in' so we could appreciate the amenities there, that if we made a decision right then they would 'allow us a special considerations of 5 days to cancel' no strings. He told us to talk about it and he would go and see if they could move us in. We told him this was not a deal maker for us, that we were fine at our resort and that we had paid for the all inclusive there and weren't prepared to leave that behind. He said they would provide the same as what we had 'if' he could get the ok from his supervisor.

He came back and told us they would be happy to move us in, that the cost for us to stay there would normally be $2000 but if we signed the agreement there would be no charge. We told him again that this was not necessary and wouldn't make a difference in our decision. He said if we were to stay then if we had questions he would be right here to answer them rather than us being so far away at our resort. We agreed to the term once he told us we could have unlimited summer weeks, but said this was not the norm so we were not to tell anyone at the resort that he gave in to our demands, however through out his presentation he told us no less than 5 times that everyone gets the same deals, and there were no special circumstances given to anyone, all deals were the same.

Guess this should have been our first and biggest red flag but we decided to leave our resort and move in, Gareth reimbursed us for the taxi to come back and also for our trip back to the airport when we were to leave.
We had ample opportunity to visit with other folks at the resort, and through out the course of 2 days we heard so many different offers and concessions that our heads were spinning. We went to find our sales person Gareth to voice our concerns (we were told to speak to only him if we had any questions or concerns) but were told he had the day off, this was Wednesday, we checked again on Thursday and he was off this day also, we were leaving on Friday and had lots of questions and concerns about the contract we signed and we knew we had to get this settled before we left because we only had the 5 days and Friday was it.

this place makes you sign for every thing you get, every drink or meal we had we signed for, we were constantly reassured by the staff that this was normal and no charge but we were still skeptical so we checked with the front desk to see what our room charges were, when we were told our balance was zero we were relieved.

We finally got a hold of our rep and voiced our concerns, he told us everything was fine, that we would get all this in writing when we got home, yet he wasn't able to answer our question about all the different offers that were given out, so we said we needed to talk, the person from the front desk told us the amount of $20, 515.78 peso's or around $1400 was what we owed for our stay there, we told her we were still not sure if we were canceling our contract and she told us we were to go and speak with the finance person, that he wanted to see us right away. We went to his office and he asked us what our problem was, we told him our concerns and he laughed at us and told us there are many different deals that go on and we could never think that they were all the same, even though we trusted Gareth was telling us the truth.

We told him we were canceling our contract, he said our card would be reimbursed in 7-10 working days for the deposit we paid, and he had us sign a paper with our reason for canceling, he gave us a copy and told us to go and see the person at the front desk. We were then told by the front desk clerk that we were responsible for paying the 5 days we were there, that the original amount she gave us was the members price and the new total we owed was now $24, 816.95 peso's or about $1700. We were told there was no way we would not have to pay for our stay there, even though we had given our reservations up when we checked out of our resort for which we had already paid, we told them we would never knowingly commit to paying an additional $1700 for a vacation we had already paid for and that we felt we were coerced into moving in to this resort, and were not able to speak with Gareth for 2 days, had we seen him earlier all this would have been resolved and we would have known we were being charged and could have attempted to go back to our resort.

Needless to say they did not care, and when we attempted to leave AFTER paying the amount owed because we had to get to the airport or miss our flight home they still made us wait by the main gate until we were cleared by the front desk. So basically we were tagged once we even started asking questions on Friday morning.

We won't know for sure about the refunded deposit for a few days, but we are stinging from having to pay that additional amount to stay there, and are even more angry that as soon as they knew we were canceling our contract they raised our rate an additional $300.

We didn't solicit this, didn't ask to be lied to at the very beginning of our trip nor did we asks to be moved to this resort and then have to PAY an additional $1700, we have no way to resolve this on our own and feel we should not have to take this without some fight on our part. They told us we signed a paper that said we agreed to pay for our room if we canceled our contract, but frankly after being there from 8:30 that morning until we were allowed to leave at 3:00pm I have to say we don't recall signing anything like that, but we signed a lot of papers so they managed to screwed that into the equation too.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Hi Diane and Cristine,

• Si
    Sitting Bull Dec 28, 2010

Nobody forced you to sign those papers. You got conned and you can't accept that a smart person got persuaded with breakfast and repetition.

Misrepresentation

I paid over &15, 000.00 cash for a timeshare w/UVC at Villa Del Palmar. I was never told that the maintanence fee would go up &90-100.00 per year. I am now getting priced out of the membership. In 2005 I paid 555.00 per year and the sales person Jill THOMPSON, told me it "almost never goes up", because I specifically asked about this. All the contract said was that the maintanence fee can ONLY go up with a vote from the Board of Directors. She made it sound like it was almost impossible to have the fee go up. This makes the timeshare NOT worth the money. I can rent a place less than that...What is going on? Are we being frauded? At this rate I will have to give the membership back eventually. I am going to contact an attorney to see if there is any recourse.

• Pe
    Pete2009 Apr 08, 2009

We have the same problem with our timeshare from UVC. They are charging us $720 in maintenance fees! We wanted to cancel our membership, but they never informed us of the 5 day cancellation period so we missed our opportunity. :(

• Da
    david kenner Apr 08, 2009

Yes. That is our problem. I also paid it off and now I'm told if I don't pay my maintanence fee of 850.00 per year they can turn it over to a collections agancy. I would love to sue UVC for the fraudulent information given us at signing. We were also told you can sell back your timeshare to them. LIE..These people arre unreal. ANY ATTORNEY'S OUT THERE THAT WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR A PERCENTAGE? Good Luck to all...

David Kenner - 916.743.4833

Developers Representative Dec 07, 2009

Dear Member, we recognize your concern with regards to the issue of Maintenance Cost and want to be sure your concerns are addressed. The Villa Group does its best to ensure that our Properties maintain the highest quality each time you visit the property. Any increase in Maintenance Cost is directly used to improve the property and all future properties. In fact, Villa Del Palmar in Dowtown PV and Cabo San Lucas have recently seen drastic facelifts, which you will be able to enjoy on your next visit. If you would like to review any details regarding these improvements you can find them in recent issues of the UVC Newsletter at MYUVC.COM.

None09 Dec 07, 2009

Timeshares are a waste of money for 95% of the people out there. Majority of timeshares are crooks and I feel ashamed for falling for their marketing gimmicks. I spent too much money and did not visit the timeshare. I hope as many people will see this as possible.

Chosen1 Dec 12, 2009

Apparently and in my opinion, there is fraud nearly at every turn with this company. From the attempt to pump us full of alcohol during the tour to the outlandish promises that are made during the tour and sales process scream "caviat emptor"! Buyer beware, you are about to be scammed out of your pants. After you have completed your transactions with UVC and the Villa Group, expect several phone calls. They will promise you the world stating when you give up your friends and family, they as well as you will reap the rewards and be entered into drawings that cannot be tracked. Fraud, Fraud, Fraud! In my opinion, the single most fraudulent claim that still makes my blood boil with this company is the claim that they will be more than happy to help you resale your albatross when you finally come to your senses and realize you now being flat out scammed. You will receive a return email stating the following:
    Thank you for contacting ResortCom International.

Your resort does not have a resale program in place at this time. You are more than welcome to rent your week to a friend or family member, sell you contract privately, or work with a resale agent or company in order to transfer your membership into the name of another individual.

Best regards,

Member Services
    ResortCom International

• Ts
    tsp/ksp Jan 03, 2010

yes, we have had problems with them re: raising the maintanence fee - we have a studio that sleep 4, our fee started out $300.00 and has went up to $649.00, it is not worth us, to keep this. I was thinking about doing a quick claim deed!

Developers Representative Jan 11, 2010

Dear Chosen 1, it is difficult for us to handle any issue related to the Villa Group if we cannot identify you as a member. We encourage you to contact the Developer's Rep in Puerto Vallarta to discuss your claims individually. You can contact the Developer's Rep directly at 619-683-2338 (US Number) so that we may address your issues.

Regards,

Developer's Rep
    Villa Group

No Availabiltity

We also purchased a 2 bedroom suite at Villa Del Arco, we love Cabo and go there a couple of times a year so we though it would be wonderful. WRONG! I have had the timeshare since 2007 and still am unable to book an actual week to use my 2 bedroom suite. I have banked my weeks for 2 years now and as of 2009 I called again. Again, no everything is booked up!!! Even at all their other properties too. I have heard this same complaint from many of my friends that I have heard were suckered in to buying this timeshare also! I told them to shove it when they called for their payment this month because after 3 years I'm still not able to use what I am paying for!! They informed me they are turning me over to collections! DON'T BUY UVC!!! TOTAL RIP OFF!

• Hi Diane and Cristine,

Deceptive Timeshare sales

DONT BUY A TIMESHARE FROM VILLA DEL PALMAR / UNIVERSAL VACATION CLUB. We own several timeshares and love to...

They do not honor contractual benefits

When my husband and I bought into UVC in June 2008, it was promoting an airfare guarantee of up to 5 years program through their partner Travel Escape Club. Now, UVC is not honoring the program, though we have this in writing.

When I spoke with the sales manager at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos, he was shocked that that benefit is not being offered. He even told me that they had training on that program about two weeks ago, and that he's going to get to the bottom of it. I'm not sure whether to believe him, as I've not heard back.

• Cc
    C Chin Nov 05, 2008

I just wanted to follow-up on this posting. From the time I posted this complaint, UVC and I have now resolved my issue, and they have cancelled my contract and refunded my deposit.

From the time I first learned that the benefits of my UVC Gold Membership will not be fully honored, it took me almost three months to resolve our differences. Plus, the staff at the UVC San Diego headquarters (Sheryl Williams, Loan & Collections Supervisor) was rude and unprofessional. They were not helpful at all.

My husband was told that only the sales manager of our resort in Mexico could cancel our contract. It tooks us many weeks before getting a hold of Bill Conley, director of member services, but once he reviewed my complaints and the supporting documents I provided, he quickly took care of my account balances and removed late fee charges.

dblake66 Jan 14, 2009

Below you will find the letters I sent to the email addresses for the owners of the Villa Group. The Villa Group is the company that builds the hotels in Mexico and should be named on your contracts. They are based out of Mexico (conveinent) but have offices at the same address as UVC and ResortCom international. UVC is just a front and only handles the timeshare portion. We all have exactly the same complaint about unethical sales practices and lack of disclosure. The Villa Group is the party we should be talking to. Urge the people who visit your site to contact the Villa Group and the owners at the following email addresses:

Scammers

Universal Vacation Club lied during the presentation and sweetened the deal with a Free Summer Week. Yes, they said entirely free, no maintenance fees. Turns out the other name for the Free Summer Week is a Gold Week which requires a maintenance fee. They say they never heard of a Free Summer Week. Our presenter, Rebecca McCallie really scammed us. She wouldn't return any phone calls either when we were disputing the contract terms. I filed with the FTC and the California States Attny who states they have no jurisdiction over the issue because the contract was signed in Mexico. We'll my answer is that UVC has no jurisdiction over me since I am a US citizen and the contract was signed in Mexico. I am currently mailing the US Consulate for Mexico in order to get out of this contract. If everyone that has ever had an issue with this company does the same, we may get results.

• Ir
    irmgard hille Oct 28, 2008

i try to get a rental form from suitegetaways.com/ and cannot get on their site.we are unknown.our membership # is 16-24143
    and our id # if g-1002586. i tried to send and e-mail but it was returned .last year they sent a check to juergen hiller, our name is Hille. one cannot call either.please help us.
    irmgard hille and juergen hille
    615 mountain meadows rd.
    boulder, co .80302
    phone 303-442-1132

dblake66 Feb 10, 2009

My complaint with UVC has been resolved. Thanks UVC.

Developers Representative Oct 02, 2009

In response to the postings on this site, the Villa Group has responded to 90% of these issues individually. If there remains any further disputes we encourage our members to contact the Developers Representative directly at 619-683-2338 to resolve the issue.

• Si
    Sitting Bull Dec 28, 2010

That's what you get for feeding the corprate machine that is taking land from it's rightful owners just so that you can tan your white [censor] .why don't you just take it as a lose lime the natives have and move on with your life like we are tring to do with ours .Enjoy your family and mansion.and stop with this poor me crap. That's what you sheeple get when you wanna be greedy and want to own a place you only stay at one week out of the year.

They screwed me

Bought time share at new hotel, have not been able to stay at new hotel for 3 years. UVC tells me only a...

Misrepresented availability of the unit we bought

We bought a unit at Los Arcos and we can never make a reservation to use our week in a 2 bedroom unit. We have two years now deposited because they never have any space. I think the developer is hogging all the two bedrooms for promotions to get new buyers. I have tried for three years now to use our timeshare in Cabo San Lucas but it is never available. We own another timeshare and have never had this problem. We only bought the unit because our friends did and now everyone is dissatisfied. I went to Cabo when the property first opened and I couldn't stay in Los Arcos even though they had plenty of finished units that were not occupied.

Timeshare

I have a fixed week timeshare with UVC, at the Villa Del Arco resort in Cabo San Lucas. My wife and I were scheduled to stay our week at the resort, but I had to cancel on the day we were supposed to leave. I called the hotel receptionist four days later, and found out that they had rented my fixed week without telling me. In addition to getting my monthly payment, the hotel profited from my fixed week without telling me. When the receptionist found out it was me on the phone, she freaked out and told me to call my local office. Does anyone know if this is legal? Has anyone had a similar experience?

• Lm
    lmcw Aug 16, 2019

Does anyone know what UVC does if you stop paying maintenance fees?

This company mislead me into a purchase, and then will not acknowledge the contract cancellation

I went to a sales presentation at Villa del Arco and was led to believe I was purchasing a unit at Arco. When I went back to the sales presentation place two days later and told them of my desire to cancel, they told me I could not and that I would lose my deposit. They also told me that I was purchasing at Arco. These were all lies it turns out and in violation of Mexican law. When I returned to the states and was contacted by UVC, they said they had nothing to do with the sales people. Strange isn't it, that they have no connection with the persons selling their products. They refused to accept the cancellation and have now put my account into a collection agency. My credit card refunded the deposit. Do not go near this resort or UVC, it is a scam, they are crooks and could care less if they screw people over. Spread the word.

• Ju
    Juliann Taylor Nov 20, 2018

I read on line the price other people paid for a silver membership was much less then what I paid. How muck did you pay?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices