United States Census Bureau — 2020 census worker asking about neighbors
A census worker visited my house this evening asking about my neighbors, who were not home. I told him that he should come back later and ask them the questions himself because I didn't feel comfortable answering on their behalf without their permission. I told him this multiple times, but he was pushy and a little condescending when I didn't want to answer. He told me my answers are confidential then asked for my name. I didn't give it and so he wrote in his phone-thingy that I was refusing to cooperate. He acted disappointed that he'd have to make another trip out here to talk with the neighbors because I wouldn't answer for them. Is he not getting paid with my tax dollars to do this?! Good grief!
One more thing that bothered me was that his vehicle didn't have plates, just a temporary plate. Just made me suspicious and question if he was legitimate or not.
I think it is completely unprofessional and untrustworthy of a government worker to ask important census questions of a neighbor about a neighbor. How accurate is that?!
More United States Census Bureau Complaints & Reviews
- US Census Bureau - Census taker trespassed on my property
- US Census Bureau - harrassing phone calls from the u.s. census bureau
- US Census Bureau - This is a terrible business practice, and harassment
- US Census Bureau - rude threatening census bureau worker
- US Census Bureau - Repeated census calls
- US Census Bureau - incompetency of the us census bureau
- United States Census Bureau - Census takers
- United States Census Bureau - Census ethnicity title
- US Census Bureau - Too many calls
- United States Census Bureau - Harassment