United States Census Bureau Logo

United States Census Bureau

Having problems with United States Census Bureau?

United States Census Bureau reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 4, 2009. The latest review Census worker was posted on Oct 5, 2021. The latest complaint Donald Gurian, census worker was resolved on Aug 27, 2020. United States Census Bureau has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 70 reviews. United States Census Bureau has resolved 2 complaints.

United States Census Bureau Customer Service Contacts

+1 301 763 4636 (International)
+1 812 218 4100 (Jeffersonville Telephone Center)
+1 520 798 4160 (Tucson Telephone Center)
+1 404 730 3832 (Atlanta Regional Office)
+1 630 288 9200 (Chicago Regional Office)
+1 720 962 3700 (Denver Regional Office)
+1 818 267 1700 (Los Angeles Regional Office)
+1 212 584 3400 (New York Regional Office)
+1 215 717 1800 (Philadelphia Regional Office)
4600 Silver Hill Road
Washington, District of Columbia
United States - 20233
Mailing Address Via Private Carriers
(FedEx, DHL, UPS, couriers and suppliers)
U.S. Census Bureau, 4600 Silver Hill Road, Suitland, MD 20746

New York Regional Office
32 Old Slip, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10005

Philadelphia Regional Office
100 South Independence Mall West, Suite 410, Philadelphia, PA 19106-2320

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United States Census Bureau Customer Service. Initial United States Census Bureau complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United States Census Bureau above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United States Census Bureau. Discuss the issues you have had with United States Census Bureau and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

United States Census Bureau Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

US Census Bureau — harrassing phone calls from the u.s. census bureau

The number of times these people are calling a day are outrageous, They said fill out the form and send it...

US Census Bureau — Census taker trespassed on my property

Someone pounding on my back door so hard I thought they were going to break it in.It was a census taker. I...

Census Bureau — Census workers are too aggressive

This morning my doorbell rang and so my elderly mother answered it. After a few minutes, she had not come...

US Census Bureau — rude threatening census bureau worker

A worker from the Census bureau showed up during dinner. We already sent our Census form in. She insisted...

US Census Bureauincompetency of the us census bureau

Before the Census Survey was mailed out, I received a postcard stating the importance of the Census Survey. The Survey arrived in the mail and I promptly completed and returned it. I then received 2 more postcards reminding me to complete the survey which I had already done. Last week I received a call to verify all information. The man was not very nice or personable but was happy to waste my time asking questions I'd already answered on the original Census Survey. Today, a Census representative came to my door and asked me to complete the form AGAIN! I expressed my frustration to her and she stated that they had no record of our neighborhood's data.

I am appalled that the US Government is spending such and obscene amount of money on this Census! There was 10 years to plan for this and it was obviously poorly planned, managed and executed.

2 Responses
    • Di
      Disgusted 1111 Oct 07, 2018

I totally agree, and more people should be outraged at our government for the intruding questions. I've had two representatives come to my home and leave cards, one even left a card and a note stating I'm on the complaint list! The day after I filled out the survey on line. Many of the questions are very intrusive and the government has no reason to ask such questions. IT Isn't just a population count any more. It's bad enough we are listened to, have camera's everywhere. Freedom? What is FREEDOM in this country? OUR Government spends OUR tax payer dollars with out any regard to any of us. Don't get me started on the politics of this country!

• Wm
      wmatin........... Apr 21, 2018

Do we have any legal recourse against the intrusive questions on the census forms. The purpose of the census has been to count the people. But now it has reached a very intrusive level! you are threatened by your government under penalty of law to fill out a form that is absolutely none of the government's business in the first place--like How many times have you been married. So much financial information was required that i had to pull my tax forms to get information. Do you have any freedom in America now???????????? I answered the questions to the best of my ability, but I also wrote comments on the form saying "this is none of your business". How will they count illegals and homeless people? the census will be flawed right from the get go. Just count the people and leave the population alone! I am beyond furious!!! We do not have real freedom in America--just a pretense of freedom.

US Census Bureau — there should be a fine for workers who act like this

I have had the census worker knock hard on my door on repeated occasions. I have chosen not to allow...

US Census BureauI feel threatened and violated by these intruders

We live in rural west Texas. We have a PO Box and did not receive a census in the mail. The census takers drove past no-tresspassing signs on to the middle of our property in a very large diesel truck. My husband agreed to answer the basic questions required by law. The couple then proceeded to give him business cards and also gave a very long explaination of their home business. The man had binoculars and was spying on our neighbors as my husband answered the census questions. They asked my husband how to get to our neighbors house because he could see him moving around on his property. My husband explained that he had answered all the required questions and did not felt it was an invasion of our neighbors privacy to give these people any kind of directions. My husband did direct them off of our property. They then proceeded to flag down a car down on the main road. That man told them to drive across the back part of our property where we had explicitly asked them not to go. They proceeded to drive over and kill several native plants while turning around when they realized they could not make it through. They also drove over the guy wire that holds our electric pole up and bent it into the ground. My husband called them and asked for an apology. Just a minute ago, Mr. Heidebrecht left a rude and inflamatory message on our phone machine. He denied driving back on our property and said even if he did it was my husband's fault for not giving him directions to our neighbors house. He sounded quite drunk and threatening. These people also spent 15-20 minutes just sitting in their truck on our property. Mr. Heidebrecht informed my husband he is a Vietnam vet and I found his tone of voice on the phone to be menacing and frightening. I have pictures of his tire tracks, plant damage and telephone guy wire damage. We asked him for an apology and he called us and frightened me. I will keep the message. I also don't appreciate people I don't know spying on me with binoculars on my private 15 acres. Is this standard procedure for census takers? I feel threatened and violated by these intruders and the damage they have done to my environmentally sensitive desert property.

2 Responses
        matlock1981 Nov 18, 2011

Being on private property i would have pulled out a rifle or shotgun and shot it up in the air to get their damn attention and tell them that you mean business!! Then they would of gotten off of the property REAL fast!!!

• Mr
        Mrknowitall Nov 15, 2011

Can't you hear the banjo play??

US Census Bureauthey continue to harass us at home and on my husband's cell phone

We have received our 5th phone call in the last 2 weeks regarding our census which was completed and mailed back the day after we received the form(s). We completed 2 forms - one for my mother-in-law who lives in a nursing home but owns a multifamily property and one for our single family household. We have told the callers that the information was sent back in accordance with their instructions, yet they continue to harass us at home and on my husband's cell phone. Enough is enough!

Respond

US Census Bureauwrongful termination

I called the following number: [protected] on March 29th to challenge the above action taken against me during a recent job I had with the US Census Bureau. Someone returned my call after a few days, and took some information from me, and said that a person from the regional branch of OEO (?) who would be handling my complaint, would be contacting me within 3 - 5 business days. It has been more than a week, and no-one has called back to take up my complaint. Is there a way you can contact the appropriate person who can call me to take this matter up without an excessive delay??

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE CENSUS BUREAU RE; THIS COMPLAINT, as they have already told me it must be handled by OEO.

Respond

CensusPCpoor experience

I had a very poor exprience with this company. I had ordered a stick of memory from them, which turned out to be incompatible with the existing memory in my system. When I attempted to return it I had to make two attempts to get an rma request answered. Following this the request was declined with a statement saying they will not accept returns on memory. This statement also included a reference to this policy in their check out process. I typically check for this type of statement and didn't remember seeing one, I also went back to the web site and could not find one. I then requested that the company show me where this statement was on the web site, I got a response with a non-functional link. Based on this I am assuming the company actually does not inform customers of this policy prior to purchase and will not be dealing with this company again.

1 Response
            • Ro
              Robin Carpenter Aug 31, 2020

2 wks ago a person claiming to work for the Census Bureau came to my home dressed in camo clothing. My dog almost went through the front window when he saw this person. They wanted to ask me questions, I told them I completed the Census online months ago. Today another person came to my back door from the Census bureau. STOP HARRASSING ME!!!