United Auto Credit CorporationLies and failed to return promised phone calls!

After 22 months of making all my payments on time by car was involved in an accident and declared a total loss. My insurance company paid for all but 600 dollars. I contacted UACC immediately and although they said they would go to bat for me, negotiate a payoff and work with me on the balance it was all a lie. After they received the money from the insurance company they renigged and told me that UACC never negotiates a payoff or any other thing. They said this loses their high interest rate money. Although I diligently worked with them over a two month period to get the best payoff and maintained my payments they lied, could not remember conversations, and failed to return promised phone calls on at least 5 occasions. This is the most unscrupulous business I have ever encountered. They were working with a very good customer and said the reason they did not return phone calls was because they were understaffed and everyone kept calling in sick. They acted as if that was my problem.

Anyone else have a situation like this...

Janice Ian Apr 17, 2007

This fk'n company united auto credit is bull ###! I worked for them for 3 years! And has never been promoted to anything! Everything is all lies lies lies! The employees come in late with dumb excuses so i have to cover their ###! They have no respect for anyone! The work environment is not professional at all! All they do is chat about stupid things! There only about 8 people working and half of the time they do half ### work! The equipment is all old! I mean its really old! Back in the 1980's old! And still use handwritten work logs! Nothing to keep track in their ancient system! They have no courtesy for anyone at all. Do not work with this company!!!

United auto credit corporation go to hell and leave the customer's alone! Why give them a loan in the first place??? So you can ruin their credit even more?

Not a respectable company to work for or to do business with!!!

• Am
    Amie Apr 26, 2007

I agree with Janice. I quit after working there for three months, and it was a nightmare.

Computer systems from the 1980's, idiot managers, and harassment for doing my job.

Not to mention, this company wastes more money than I have ever seen in my life. Renting apartments, plane tickets to Cali for BS training... it doesn't end!

Mary Jun 05, 2007

I have complained to the Better Business Bureau about this company. No one should be harassed or made to call and check in everyday with a loan officer. Everyone that has had issues with them needs to report them to the Better Business Bureau as well. The more complaints the more will be done.

• Ni
    Nia Aug 08, 2007

I hate this company!!! I was late just a little bit on my payment $40.00 and they showed up at my job... left me a lot of harassing messages... calling me names and telling me to prepare to be a pedestrian. I will be reporting everyone of them. I was also told "We're not in it for customer service, just to get the money!!!"

• Ki
    Kimberly A. Fludine Aug 24, 2007

I had lost an incredible job making six figures and my vehicle was old so I needed to buy another one. For some reason the salesman at the dealership got me financing at United Auto. Things were fine for 12 mos and then ,being a commissioned sales person myself, the economy in Ohio went bust and my income decreased even further (the co. I worked for closed)... I put my house up for sale and called United Auto to make arrangements with them... (I work in lending so I contacted them FIRST) after that every month I received threatening calls, I was even harassed by one of the collectors at the Middleburgh Hts. office. He actually left messages laughing and saying he would pay me a visit at home. I was shocked!!!

Bad things happen to good people. LENDING money to someone (at .01% below the usury law-with No grace period) does not give ANYONE the right to harass OR threaten ANYONE!!! For the past 10 months I have made my payments on the day due. I would have done ANYTHING to refinance my car BUT because they over finance I can not. But I think everyone should try to get a bill in congress to rid these lovely United States of predators like United Auto. Making money off of people down on their luck does not appear to emulate the American Way to me...

SANDRA SALAZAR Sep 14, 2007

I HAD A LOAN OUT WITH THEM FOR 2 YEARS. THEY ARE SUCH A RIP OFF THEY REPOED MY TRUCK 2 TIMES FOR BEING LATE 10DAYS. THEY WOULD HASS ME NON STOP SHOW UP AT MY WORK AND TREATEN ME

• Ms
    ms k Sep 26, 2007

I hate this company. If I am one day late I get harassing calls and hang ups and profanity over the phone. I spoke with a guy the other day that seemed so nice believe it or not. He just said if you mailed it tell me so I can note your acct and we wont call you. Then while asking about my contract he told me that they billed me like 120.00 for being late one mo. I asked if he could send me a copy of my ledger or something so that I can see what he is talking about, because if I am late I pay extra and should not be 120.00 in arrears. He told me that they would not be able to send me anything. I hate this company and am trying to sell my car just to get away from them. I am going to talk with another dealer that finances his own cars. Its a legitimate customer service related company. I will give everyone a piece of advice... DO NOT USE UACC FOR FINANCING!!! These people that they hire are ridiculous and I can guarantee that all of them have outstanding bills,lol. I have started letting all of my calls go to voice mail so that I can have proof of how they talk to you. And the dummies leave harassing voicemails.. how stupid to leave proof like that. I am going to compile the messages and put in on you tube and fwd to my lawyer.

• Jr
    JRBZ Sep 29, 2007

Funny thing nobody forces anybody to sign a contract that states no grace period and fail to understand what no grace period means... best advice don't sign contracts that have not been filed out and if you are looking out for companies that will call you 1-9 days after past due then you better do a buy here pay here so you don't have this problem but if you are this kind of person your car won't run from a buy here pay here dealer because they have this device that shuts down your car... now if you don't want to get Collection calls I guess best thing is to MAKE YOUR PAYMENT like regular people

• Mh
    MHF Oct 08, 2007

I received a car loan from UACC as a last resort, due to imperfect credit with 23% interest. For a car that cost
    $4,999.00, I am paying $7,999.00. (approx). I was laid off from my job, and they would not help me one bit. I cashed out my 401k at the time my engine blew. I sent them my original receipts and asked them to adjust my loan by putting two car payments at the back of my loan. They did do one. To this day they still call my old job looking for me, as well as my personal references. I found this to be very tacky, these people are rude and vulgar. For this I have moved and they have no idea where I am at. Prior to me moving they showed up at my door, job and you wouldn't believe the things they say to your references. I am now in the process of getting caught up, but if they continue to be ruthless, I will continue to play their game and win.

• Ga
    gateway Oct 11, 2007

I would agree further with the comment about paying your payment on time. You don't know how many times in our business we hear" the check is in the mail" then ten days later you see the payment post marked for the day before. Why can't people just be up front and honest? The average customer of UACC is less than intelligent anyway. You have to be a complete ### for signing a contact for that much. And for the person who has to pay $600 after insurance paid off. Welcome to the insurance world of ripping people off. Blame them for not paying your entire premium. Insurance companies very rarely pay 100%.

• T
    T Oct 12, 2007

The last message was spoken like a true "brainwashed" employee. When consumers are upfront and honest, they are still harassed. Lets not discuss those consumers at this moment though, lets discuss the paying customers who are being harassed...

I am a paying consumer, and yet the day before my payment is due I am called and harassed about what TIME they will receive the payment! I live three hours away from their office so I pay Western Union Quick Collect. If Im sending it before 5pm (which is when they close) I dont have to tell you what time I plan on doing anything. Furthermore, the FTC... the LAW STATES, that you cannot harass someone at work via the telephone and especially not in person... when they have notified you not to do so. This company calls my work phone (Which is a federal government line) so often that my fellow employees have written statements about it so that I can submit them along with a formal complaint.

I contact my local police department and they STRONGLY advice me to file a lawsuit for HARASSMENT and unfair/illegal business practices.

Today, I received a phone call from this company that was so verbally abusive I again called the company's local police department. No one deserves to be treated so nasty... Especially someone who is PAYING like they are suppose to.

mom Oct 13, 2007

It's amazing how all of you are talking about what a rip off UACC is. 1st of all, UACC is a sub prime lender. This means that they are a last resort lender. NO ONE else will lend to you because you have defaulted on other car loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc. Its funny that you are complaining about the interest rate when it is plain as day on the contract that you signed. It was good enough for you back when you were disparate as hell trying to get a car loan, whats the problem now? Can you not take responsibility for the consequences you pay for not knowing how to pay your bills? Secondly, UACC does not make you pay a certain way UNLESS you have given them a bad check (which by the way is a misdemeanor in many states). If you are past due they simply SUGGEST that you wire the payment immediately or bring the payment into the office.

For the person who got their vehicle reported twice -your an idiot! You don't know how lucky you are that they gave you a second chance after reposing the vehicle the first time.
    And Janice, the ex employee, if you worked for the company for 3 years and never got promoted. You may need to realize that it was your work ethic and lack of intelligence that prohibited you from getting promoted.

Be adults - take responsibility for the contracts that you sign and for the situation that you are in. Don't blame everyone else for your shortcomings!

• Pa
    Paul Oconnell Oct 18, 2007

The last comment was clearly posted by a UACC employee. First , a sub prime lender is clearly a last resort, therefore I have no sympathy for the complainers on lack of grace period and rate because those are clearly disclosed and the time of origination. They should be responsible for their actions and subsequently pay consequences for credit mistakes of the past. As far as being an employee is concerned, I worked for them for almost two years in management and there is a reason why the turnover rate is over 84% within a one year period. The company itself has adopted a policy of non compliance with FDCPA regulations or Department of Labor regulations. None of the branches are equipped with computers except for the BM and there is no recording equipment to ensure governmental compliance. The violations are rampant. The overtime is mandatory and corrective action is taken if employees refuse to comply, the hours average 60-70 per week all ending after 9pm and the atmosphere is very retaliatory if employees seek HR assistance. Overall my personal experience was not a positive one. Managers are constantly sexually harassing employees and behave as though no consequences will result and due to the tight "good old boys network" there rarely are consequences. If you Regional and Divisional managers have your back then not even HR can touch you because you will be terminated before anything happens. This was my experience. As far as lending and originations, those are all done by paper and at any point your manager can change your call back and cause you to lose your job. THIS IS CLEARLY A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT...

• Mi
    Miss Lucy Oct 29, 2007

I have had these people show up at my house and leave a business card on my car when my payment was not in the office by the end of the business day it was due. I dropped the payment off in the night box that after work that evening. This same day they called everyone on my reference list and left harassing messages. They called my office, cell phone and any other numbers I may have given them. By the end of the day I had numerous e-mails from friends complaining about the abusive messages being left for them. I called UAC and asked them what their problem was and was told there was NO grace period and the payment was to be in the office ON THE DAY IT WAS DUE... not after the office was closed. I sent my next payment 2 weeks early. Guess what? They 'lost' it.

Last month they did the same thing. I sent my payment the day before it was due because the funds were not going to be there any sooner than that. The phones called started the same day the payment was to be delivered in the office by the USPS. They left voice mails, I called them back to find out EXACTLY what it was they wanted from me. I was yelled at and hung up on by the 'gentleman' I spoke with. His solution to the problem was for me to leave work, get a money order and bring it to their office. This was 11 AM... he said the mail would not get there until 1 PM. I told them I was NOT leaving my job knowing full well the payment would be there before I was going to be there.

BOTTOM line: this company s*cks. They have NO customer service. They are bullies and I am sure they all have debts too. It will come back to them when this place is shut down and those jack ### are out of work.

• Sc
    Scott Oct 29, 2007

Finance is a funny business. It is amazing to read all the complaints people have about a company who is willing to assume a risk and give its money to statistically poor debtors. One way to avoid the issue of having to deal with collectors is to create a personal budget in which you factor in that the car that sits in your driveway is an obligation that you have taken upon yourself. I would suggest to all the people who taken the time to complain, to place themselves in the shoes of the company that they are dealing with. To do this, start by loaning your worst friend $5,000 and expect $6,000 in return. Assuming your friend agrees to this and fails to ever repay you... what would you do? My assumption is that after a few days of never hearing from your friend you may get nervous and place a few phone calls to him. Hence, you become a collector yourself. Moral of the story is, if you dont have the money to afford things, and you are searching for someone who thinks for a second you are worthy of repayment you should feel obligated to repay them. In an effort to avoid ever having to deal with UACC my next suggestion is you seek to establish a decent credit history by actually paying your bills in a timely manner. Unfortunately to many people in our society feel as though they are victims, when in actuality they serve as what is wrong with it. The first way to improve your credit is to grow up, pay your bills, and admit to yourself that you have many obligations in life to many different people and very few of these obligations offer a grace period.

• St
    star Nov 01, 2007

The UACC workers posting are so pathetic. If you have to defend the job that you do on a complaintboard, it is because you know its wrong. Ex-employees are also complaining. It's obvious the company hires people who take pleasure in making other people miserable. Why do you feel the need to harass people for money? They know they owe you. If the payment is not made, just rep the car, why constantly call their family and job? You guys must not have anything important going on in your life if you need to spend your day calling someone's family member and 'telling' on them. What is this the 1st grade? Sub-prime or not, you are all a bunch of idiots who need to get a real job. You don't have computers b/c you probably don't know how to use them. You talk about people who need sub-prime loans, but what about people who work for sub-prime loan companies? Are you working there because real banks wouldn't hire you? Maybe it's because real banks use computers, or want people who are professional. Everybody's having financial problems due to the economy. It would be interesting to see how many UACC employees pay their bills on time!

mom Nov 05, 2007

OH Star. You are the pathetic person. You say that debt collectors must not have anything better to do than to call on losers like yourself for pmt. Thats their job. They are employed by ME to try to collect on losers like yourself. We do have computers. We do pay our bills. If it makes you feel better about yourself that the rest of the world is irresponsible and incompetent like yourself then you can think that way.

Ignorance is bliss! Also, keep blaming the economy for you not being responsible. See how far that gets you! "Real banks" do hire us! Thats where we come from and for some that is where we go back to... with a $20,000 raise for the experience of working with a sub prime company! Before you speak, educate yourself. This is great advice. This may help you move from McDonalds to Walmart maybe and then maybe to Macy's and so on and so forth. Then maybe eventually you will get a job where you can actually afford the vehicle that you drive. Yeah, you know, that 95 Ford Escort that you financed 2 months ago at 24% interest that you are struggling to make pmts on right now. Keep up the good work!

JoeKnows Nov 06, 2007

"Yeah, you know, that 95 Ford Escort that you financed 2 months ago at 24% interest that you are struggling to make pmts on right now. Keep up the good work!"

Is that a sales pitch or what. Next time I write a ### loan and take advantage of someone, NOTE TO SELF CALL TWO MONTHS LATER AND LAUGH AT THEM.

So now when I think of _____. I will remember mom's words.

And calling yourself sub prime, try hard money.

• Ki
    Kimberly Nov 09, 2007

I currently work for Ford Motor Credit within the Originations dept, but unfortunately I will have to leave the company and move out of state. There is another main office in the city that I will be moving to, but there isn't any transfer opportunities for me and I cannot be rehired until I have been separated from the company for a year. This last piece of information makes no sense to me, as I am a star employee, but procedure is procedure and it cannot be bent for anyone is what I am told. Anyhoo, my supervisor recommended that I apply with United Auto Credit but after reading the previous posts I WILL NOT apply with a company that has so little respect for the federal law, for its current employees or for its customers. Do they not realize that without the customers or the employees that they would not have a business at all, only an empty building! Thank you for all the comments, both from ex-employees and ex-customers.

• Ao
    aolco45 Nov 11, 2007

I just heard that this company eliminated all of their middle managers and are closing nearly 1/2 their offices. I would think twice before going to work with them.

• Na
    Nando Nov 13, 2007

Yeah, UAC is a rip off and the Govt. is letting us all get taken for a ride. As long as money is being made and lawyers being paid, they will be in biz. I'm talking BIG MONEY here, this is the new drug dealer in the suit. UAC is not selling drugs, but very bad loans , with the mob collecting the debts. It's sad, but I'm sure they will show up at the wrong house with this bully ### and get delt with soon enough. Let them call all they want, even take the car back if it makes them feel good. Getting a car is so easy now days, just be carefull who you make the dael with. Do what I did when they came to get bmy car. TAKE A BIG ### IN THE CAR AND HAND OVER THE KEYS. THREE DAYS LATER... How sweet, was that !!!

• Kc
    kchase Nov 14, 2007

I was asked by a good friend to be a reference. I would have never thought that Just being a reference would guide me to such unprofessional people. I told the first person that my friend was an upstanding individual who pays his bills. Then I was asked to volunteer my services if they could not reach him. I said no. The person I spoke with gave me no indication that it was a collection call as well. This information in turn upset my buddy. After he called me I explained my standards which is to be a reference by not be a "go between" for collections. The company agent told them I refused to be a reference. There is a distinct difference between "reference" and "collection assistance". I do not understand how this company can mold two things into one. My buddy gave me the car dealers number whom I told I would "stick my neck out" for a good friend. The UACC rep was supposed to call my office number but called my cell and at the wrong time. The second rep was rude. The first was quite nice and professional. I asked her why would I need to assist them in collection if that was even necessary. She told me all I had to do was answer a yes or no question. She never understood that reference and collections are two different things. In addition, this woman misrepresented herself as a manager and she was not. The car dealer tried to call them and was practically "cussed out" by the real manager. I would suggest that anyone reading this seek legal counsel and possibly a federal injunction to stop this company. KEEP IN MIND THAT I WAS TREATED RUDELY AND I AM NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM. I WAS ASKED TO BE A REFERENCE. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU WHO WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

• Cj
    cj cobbs Nov 21, 2007

They are bad i am reporting them i was less then six days late and they tried to reposes my car, this makes no sense!

• Fh
    fh Nov 24, 2007

There are many complaints obviously towards this sub prime lending company. After my experience with UACC, I agree with everyone else here. Yes, UACC has horrendously horrible customer service skills. Wait, I'm sorry. If you speak to someone else who is not specifically in the Customer Service department, who is "above that' they are longer giving customer service. Really!!?? Then what do you call it. I know exactly what it's called but it's not necessary because we all know exactly what it is. Anyways, what anyone's personal economic situation is does not necessarily concern UACC. Understand this UACC employees, the only economic factor you are to be concerned with, that is actually important to you, isif the future customer has any chance of being able to afford the car. Once the contract is signed, all you need to worry about is getting paid. Nothing else. I have dealt with bigger and more important companies than yourself. Again, you are horrendously horrible. It is against the law to harass anyone. To have to experience such terrible service of whatever it is you want to call it, is inexplicably unacceptable. Not everyone is an idiot. Things happen and people have to do whatever they can to survive. For you to create such stress and havoc on anyone's professional life or personal because of your harassments does not solve your problems. You cannot keep to your words, you do not abide 100% by your contract, you have no respect for yourselves or anyone else and obviously have no business etiquette what so ever. For us, as customers, I'm sorry, let me correct myself, according to UACC, we're not the customers either, it's the dealership who's the customer, Regardless, it is very difficult to have to deal with a company who can leave the customers alone even if they pay their dues on time. Worse, the fact that you, UACC, have the nerve to call our references after the contract has been signed and whatever numbers you may come across shows what bullies you really are. It's bad enough, that you don't want to deal with us from the beginning, that we have to deal with you and everyone else around. You are not a Forune 500 company. Not even they practice such terrible business procedures. Next time you choose to do such things and blame everyone else for your attitudes and lack of respect, think about how you would react if you were in our positions. Give me your phone numbers so I can call you and you can experience what we experience and your families can experience it to along with your company. No. Of course not. And this is coming from someone who is not an idiot and is suing you. I am educated and I no longer require your services. Thank you for doing me the biggest favor in my life. Thank you for reposing my car. I have dealt with you for three and half years. I no longer have you, the monkey on my shoulders. My family can now breathe when the phone rings and I can use that money for more important things. Thank you.

• Je
    jeremy Nov 29, 2007

Look people I have had an account with UACC before it sucks but the best thing you can do if you to get them back for harrassing phone calls on late payments is to pay the monthly payment or let the vechile go back. I did. I bought a $900 car while my payments were defaulting and told them to come get the vechile. It has been 5 months now since they repossessed my vechile and I haven't heard from them yet. Not a letter or a phone call and I will not recieve either. If I do recieve contact I surely will not pay them. HA HA HA

• Bb
    bbtts Dec 05, 2007

I agree with most of the stuff people have said. They called me at work many, many times and were not very nice at all. I talked to them once and it seemed like everything was taken care of (my payment was 1 day late) well they must not have liked what I had to say because within an hour of or our call, they called my husband to make sure what that he was ok with the payment being late!!! They told my husband that they do have a "if it is late pay this amount" on the payment stub but they only put that on there because they are required to but it pretty much doesnt mean anything.

My husband asked them why they are so rude when they call and he was told that each computer has a sign on it that says "BE AGGRESSIVE", ok I can understand being aggressive but they are just down right insulting!!! I can not believe the way they talk to thier customers.

I work for an insurance company and if we talked to our customers they way they talk to thiers...... we wouldnt have a job.

• Ti
    ticola Dec 14, 2007

I went with this company and got a vehicle for 7400.00 and they are charging me about 11000.00 total. They call me the day the payment is due and say I must be there within so long. They tell me if I'm late they'll repo my truck. I sent payments, and if they do not have them when they call me, they tell me I must do a western union now, and pay 18.00 to do so. Whenever I send any money over the payment, they do not apply it to the account, it sits there as an overage. You must tell them to apply it to the principal. These people are very rude, and should not be able to run a buisness like this. They harrass you and you should not be treated this way. After all your giving them money! Good point, to report them to the better buisness. If anyone is thinking of going through them for a vehicle loan, DON'T......

• He
    Heather Dec 19, 2007

I Live in Kansas City. I bought my first car at a used car lot which was the first place I looked. I was told I didnt have enough credit and I get UACC. 4 months later my husband and I bought our Van from Crysler. 2005 van =3% interst , 2003 Malibu =22% interest. Crysler informed me that just because I had no credit doesnt mean its bad. Any whoo- live and learn. So fast forwnad 3 years and I have paid my car payment to UACC everysingle month on the 14th on time. Never been late. About 6 times a year I will get a reminder call from them. First they wil call my house and leave a message.

"Hello- This is _______ from United Auto Credit, I am calling to remind you that we need to have your payment in to our office buy its due date, tomorrow the 14th"

OR

" Hi this is ___________ I am called from United Auto Credit to let you know your payment is due this Saturday because Sunday is the 14th and we need it into our office before then. Thanks."

So they leave a message- Ok ,I could deal with that because all I have to do is click delete, but no they have to call my work too and ask for me. I am in management and I dont want my employees to think that I cant pay may bills because I am getting calls from them at work ! They have never called my cell which is on my paperwork- Always my house and my work.

I have called them back to piont out that I have never been late and I always get some IDIOT who cant read my paperwork and says- "well, I call everyone" Or when I asked for a manager I get, "I'm not sure who that was..."

To any UACC Employees (ESP NKC Brooktree assocaites) Isnt a business not only about making money but good customer service? Why be rude and hateful to the ones who pay? Do you get a handbook when hired on that says treat these people like ###? I am sure I am not the only person who was duped into getting a loan through you that did not need it. So why not grow a heart and treat people how you would want to be treated.

• Se
    selv Dec 28, 2007

To all the employees posting, when you threaten people with repossession before the state even recognizes that the payment is LATE, you're NOT just doing your job, and the customer isn't a "deadbeat". This isn't the mafia, you're not entitled to a pinky finger if I'm 11 days late. Within the past year i've moved 4 times to different parts of the country, my husband has gone from military to civillian, and there have been periods of unemployment while both of us get re-established. It is laughable for someone to call us upwards of 7 times a day, and insisting we pay our car payment THAT INSTANT, while i'm slightly more concerned with affording gas and food for 2 kids. It doesn't matter that we haven't missed a payment, and have had extreme situations, all that matters to UAC is that WE PAY RIGHT NOW. Would you guys be the ones to explain to DHS that we just HAD to pay our car payment, so we couldn't feed or clothe our children, or take them to the doctor? Will you be paying THOSE bills for us? I doubt it. So wake up and realize there are situations outside of our control, and people shouldn't be made to feel like "deadbeats" when they choose caring for thier children over making their payment the instant it's due.

• Ju
    JUMBO Jan 01, 2008

IT'S FUNNY HOW YOU PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT AND ARE LATE COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING LATE. THE KEY POINT TO THIS IS DON'T BE LATE YOUR SUBPRIME CUSTOMERS AND YOUR CREDIT IS BAD THEY LOANED YOU A CAR WHEN NOBODY ELSE WOULD LOAN YOU A CAR AND YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING LATE???? MAKES NO SENSE YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT REFERENCES BEING CALLED WELL DUH THAT'S BECAUSE YOUR LATE AND YOU PROVIDED THEM THOSE REFERENCES IF YOU DON'T WANT THE CALL AND YOU DON'T WANT THEM CALLING YOUR MOMMY PAY ON TIME. JUST DON'T FORGET NOBODY ELSE WOULD GIVE YOU LOSERS A LOAN THAT'S WHY YOUR STUCK WITH UACC HAVE A NICE DAY AND MAKE SURE YOUR PAYMENTS ARE ON TIME ###S

• Tn
    tnl Jan 02, 2008

We are like the lady who was duped into a loan. We don't have bad credit, we have NO credit. We weren't turned down by a bunch of loan companies, the dealership signed us up with UACC first. Since then, we have had more problems with them than anything we could have dreamed. We have always made our payments, however we have been a few days late a couple times. I always call to let them know why we will be late. They don't care. We have mailed payments that take them 3 weeks to receive? Why is this? So in the meantime, we are forced to wire the payment. This time we sent it certified mail...still haven't gotten it. So I was told, if I know mail doesn't work then I shouldn't mail it. Are you kidding? This is why we sent it certified. If they don't sign for it, it will be returned. Proof that the US postal service is not the problem, they are.

By the way, we don't have a high interest rate. Just a mafia loan. We are currently looking into trading the car we love in, just so we can get away from this company. I thought we were one of few having problems with them (Cheyenne WY office). Now I see it is a "company (if you can call them that)" wide issue. Thanks for the eye opener.

• Al
    Albo Gonzales Jan 11, 2008

In response to the load of malarkey just pitifully displayed , I would like to make a comments in regards to the diaphrams and the esophougous , my brother.
    UACC prides itself on what makes sense and solid collections . Thats ###.THIS IS THE TRUTH.IT IS WHAT IT IS. UACC takes advantage of uneducated working poor people who have been swindled by crooked car dealers that are treated with more respect than the ###ed over ### with no credit. Who by the way is not a customer unless he is launching a complaint and needs to be bulshitted. The debtor is screwed with %24.99 interest , and he better not be a day late or we he will get the business.What happened at UACC is that the shady tactics they utilized as a start up company were moved forward into a blown up corporation . They have outdated equipment, unrealistic goal expectations, draconian business ethics,ect. I am ashamed to admit that at one time I worked for the corporation and got duped into its shady tactics.Everything written in all of these texts is correct, I barely was able to get a good job at a bank making twice the amount I was making working with those idiots! I still feel dirty. I cant tell you how many branch managers I spoke with who told me that their wife was going to leave them because they are always complaining about their jobs and always working, and if they were not at work they were worried about it, I can tell you I knew a number of good , solid , people, who were terminated with little or no equivocation. Steer clear from UACC unless your desperate for a job and have no other alternative.Even then, save your money and actively search for new employment.Keep in mind that you will have to manage subprime automotive consumer lending and control delinquency with 1980s equipment and a group of old tired ### with menopause who hate their lives , consistently causing drama and trying to get you fired . I would write some more but I have the coals hot and need to throw the steaks on.

Sally White Jan 11, 2008

I might have to leave Texas, I gave my little sister my name as a reference, she did not have bad credit, she just didnt have credit.She was happy that she was able to get a loan on a 98 Buick with 24% interest? She is in the national guard and got sent to Iraq so I assumed payments. I was 13 days past due and some idiot called on my cell and called me a liar and that I need to act like a man!? I had sent a check two days before the due date so it was probably two days past due.But I got calls to my sisters home phone and cell everyday, and my cell phone as a reference was called everyday with rude messages that contained profanity.I took a day off from work and went to one of ther branches in Tyler and gave them a pay off for my sisters car in cash.When I was leaving I heard the kid gigling that maybe I learned the importance of paying on time?! What really concerns me is all of the young people with no credit who have been victimized by this corporation and hold it as a foundation for how a business should be run .

• Ta
    Taz Jan 19, 2008

Ok firstly we have a loan with them.. NOT because we had bad credit ect but because we are new to this country and had NO credit.. we paid cash for everything for many years and have not built up a credit rating as yet.. Now let me say we have NEVER been late with a payment, NEVER passed a bad check ect but are still harassed and belittled each and every month by this company. We get called DEMANDING to know what time we will be making our payment..we get letters EVERY month stating our insurance has been cancelled, we have had our insurance company call them multiple times stating this is NOT true and that our insurance has ALWAYS been current. They call us threatening to repo the vehicle over this "lack of insurance".. We have faxed them copies of our insurance, our company has done the same yet its the same each and every month with them. Our insurance company is not threatening to sue United over this just as we have now retained an attorney. This form of harrasment is not allowed and will NOT be tolerated. Our attorney is investigating multiple complaints in our state and looking for a class action law suit against them.

So for all those comments about ppl just not paying on time ect.. think again, this company really just wants to make waves and use scare tactics on everybody.

• Cs
    c s koch Jan 29, 2008

I want to encourage every dissatisfied customer of UACC's to start contacting their local media and even national media sources such as 20/20, dateline, 60 minutes, etc to encourage a national media investigation into this company. My encounters with this company over the past two and half years that I have been doing business with them have been nothing but negative. While I believe that somewhere within this company lies some good soles, I believe that 75% of the UACC workforce engage in over the line tactics when dealing with their customers. The do harrass. They do lie. They are irresponsible. They are disrespectful. I strongly encourage anyone looking for an auto loan to avoid at all costs this company as it will only turn into your worse nightmare! Furthermore, I encourage someone out there to start the "Consumers Against UACC" movement to find all the jilted customers and consider legal action against a company that prides themselves on employing losers, stalkers and people that may be considered a complete and total menace to society. I look forward to October, 2009 when I will no longer have to deal with this company - the party's at my house if anyone wants to come!

• Sp
    SpongeBob Jan 30, 2008

Plain and simple... Most of UACC customers had no other choice......get a POS and pay super high interest rate, or ride a bicycle to work...... What you fail to mention is the courteous, professional counseling services they have available to educate consumers on the importance of paying on time

moonbeam Feb 01, 2008

Ramone - the manager at the Dallas Branch 972-818-9997 is an @$$! He talks to you like a child and doesn't have a heart. I believe in Karma and I hope all the rude people that work for this company get what's coming to them. Take your dot matrix printer and flick off!!!

• Ci
    cindy caudill Feb 02, 2008

UACC in cincinnati ohio are some of the rudest people.

• Kr
    Kristen Feb 28, 2008

I bought a car in april 2007 and was financed through UACC . They have always recieved payment until last month i tried to get the car refinanced through a local credit union , well when that didnt happen i sent them a check overnight and they sent it back to me and came and repoed the car. They called my moms place of business (which was not on my list of references) threatening her and her boss and said that i was hiding the car but it was parked in my driveway. And yesterday 2/27/2008 i get a call from my insurance agent saying the company wants to file a claim saying the car was totaled out when they came and picked it up but i received a letter saying the car was going to be sold on 2/21/2008. this company is a total ripoff

• Da
    David Henderson Mar 01, 2008

I have done everything making payments on time and these ###S , I would love nothing more then to knock this ###ER named Dave right in the head just once . He thinks He knows the law but He's a PEE on that ove stepped his pay grade this time . I think he's in the SARASOTA office and I admit I was a little strapped and the check claered but for this mother ###er to call me the day before the next payment is due holding the check in his hands for the full payment and tell me he won't accept it for 6 month's . I never wanted to get violent so fast so easy . This is the most unprofessional organisation I have ever had dealings with And I am going to register a complaint with the state comp troller and the better business beauro . This is not the way to treat customers . especially when they are the ones making sure you have a job . I'm usualy not a violent person But this asshle DAVE in sarasota makes me wanna do the time in jail .

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices