TV Landinappropriate commercials

S Feb 05, 2019 Review updated:

On the couch with my young child watching Andy Griffeth Show at 545pm Eastern Time On February 5, 2019 when a commercial comes on. The commercial uses the word "dick" in it. Not as a name. I cannot believe this. I am trying to parent but at 545pm on TVland you should be able to walk away from the tv and not expect inappropriate wording for smaller children especially during such a child friendly show. Please remove this commercial from this time slot!! It's getting ridiculous!

• O
      Feb 07, 2019

I agree!! I used to like TV land and thought it was a FAMILY station. They are showing ads and shows from Comedy Central with content that would be rated R at the movies. You need to be 17 to see a rated R movie but can be 5 years old to see it on TV Land. So disappointing

• T
      Nov 18, 2019

TV Land must think people are dumber than fenceposts! Not only do they play incessant commercials, but the same ones in the span of one show. They often run the SAME commercial 3 or 4 times during the same 1/2 hour program. It's too bad, because I like a few of their shows, like MASH or Andy Griffith or Everybody Loves Raymond.

Here's what I do: I find a back-up channel so that as soon as TV Land breaks for one of their thousands of ads, I switch to the other channel. If there is nothing good on another channel, I simply mute TV Land. I never watch one of their commercials! To summarize, I like a few of their shows, but I HATE TV Land!!

P.S. Many of my friends do the same as me regarding their incessant ads!