Trustnetscam

C Review updated:

I received a letter today that included a cashier's check. the letter was an award claim notification. it stated: "we are pleased to inform you that you are one of the winners in the north america consumer promotion draw organized for all customers of wal-mart, sears, home depot, safeway etc. you are entitled to the sum of us $9, 851.80 (nine thousand eight hundred fifty one dollars and eighty cents). congratulations! your winning is payable to you by certified check, and will be delivered to you by a courier company (fedex or ups). you are therefore advised to contact your claim agent: lisa greene on [protected]. monday through fridays...8am... to...9pm (eastern standard time), for further instructions on how to claim your big winnings. we have enclosed a check for us $985.18. per your state regulations, a tax amount of $900.00 will be required before your lump sum winning can be sent to you. tax amount: us $900.00. do not act on this letter untill you speak with your claims agent." the letter was signed c. gilespie, vice president finance. everything looks legitimate, although there were typos and grammatical errors. I immediately googled the company and realized that others received the letter and check and that it was a scam. thank you for providing this valuable service to consumers.

• Da
    Dana1980 Nov 06, 2009

I have attached a phony letter stating I have won a large amount of money due to my name being drawn out of a contest I never even entered in. I have attached proof of this phony letter. If you receive this same letter or simular it is phony and a scam. Do not cash because the check will bounce due to no such drawing or cash.

• Fe
    Fetrend Nov 09, 2009

Please read this...

• Db
    dblack25 Jan 29, 2010

I too have received a Trustnet scam letter with a check. The mailing is from Onterio, Canada, the address for Trustnet is Arlington Texas, and the bank is in New Mexico. Isn't there something that can be done about this?

AnnieOakley Mar 22, 2010

I'm baaack. I have not received 3 of these lovely scam letters, all from different areas, all signed differently and all for a different check amount. Thought to open a new account just for these and trace back to them, but, the hassle is better left to the Police investigators. Please don't fall for this garbage. THERE IS NO FREE MONEY!!! Play the LOTTO, its safer and has a better return!!!

• Cl
    Clara Garcia Jun 05, 2010

Can't anyone do anything about this trustnet scam~~~especially with the people that fell for it and paid what they were asked to do. I was one of those dumb people, and elerly thinking I won something big. I did report it to the FBI~~~I sent in my report, hopefully they get caught up with. It looks like and seems to me that they are still going strong with their scams and getting away with it! [email protected]

• Ro
    Rosie Robles Dec 28, 2010

Today we received a letter claiming we had won $450, 000.00 from a drawing we never entered. Enclosed was a check for $3, 998.00 that we are to send to the claim agents mentioned in the letter by Certified Check. We called and got an "answering service" and the girl was obviously confused by our call. I then began to research this scam via the internet and found this site. Glad we didn't do anything with the check. though it was tempting.

• Pa
    Patricia Reich Apr 17, 2011

I Received a letter with a check I was told I had won $50, 000 dollars in a promotion drawing. The checdk is for 3690.68 to be used for government applicable taxes and insurance fee.

• Tl
    tlc46 May 14, 2013

I just received one of these letters, I knew it was a scam. Who if anyone should I report it to??? Thanks

• Ka
    kaffers Jan 15, 2014

I received a check also and figured it was a scam. The check looks authentic but once I called Trustnet, it was obvious it was a scam. I could barely understand the man on the phone. He had a Nigerian accent. He told me to cash the check for $822.15, which wad 10% of the winnings and then call him back so I can send the tax money to the correct tax place?? I said i thought you pay taxes at the end of the year once you get a 1099 form.
    He said, No, no...just cash the check and call him back and he will tell me what to do.
    I then hung up.
    I think they get people to cash checks that are fraudulent and then when you call them, they have you send them the money and that's it...you don't h hear from them again...butnot sure...Either way, I wish the authorities would stop this from happening. I could see how someone might be fooled by this. Its very convincing on paper and three check looks real!
    Thanks for posting so I knew it was a scam.

Trustnet
    4333 Charles Dr.
    Arlington, Tx.
    866-686-8422 or
    646-633-6148

• Bo
    Boaterrk Nov 07, 2019

I also received a letter and a check for $1, 224.80. I assumed it to be a scam. I called the number on the letter and was told to cash the check and then they would tell me where to pay $1, 000.00. I was told they would close my file if I didn't trust and told them to do that.

Richard Klein