Travelodgeunethical behaviour

J

Below is a letter sent to the BBB:
On April 6th/2017 I spoke to Neil D'Souza (Manager). After explaining that my parents stayed at the Travelodge twice last year for a total of 5 weeks, I also explained that their refrigerator, microwave and TV did not work either. I also told them about the condition of the carpets. Even after this, my parents wanted to remain loyal to Travelodge and wanted to rebook for another 2-3 weeks starting May 2nd/2017.
At this time (10:40am) Neil offered a rate of $80/night. I declined the offer and was referred over to Travelodge head office to complain. I did do this, but no one phoned me back. 5 hours later I called back to book the room for my parents and the representative told me that the rate was no longer valid and that it was now $99. He also told me that Neil responded to the complaint already and pushed the price up now, no longer honoring the $80 rate. I know that this was due to my complaint. The rep insists that it was because of the timing that the rates went up and also due to no rooms being available anymore. I left a message verbally and on voice mail asking for Neil D’Souza and S. Patel to call me back. No one did up to date.
I did call the other hotels nearby and verified that none of their prices went up during the last 5 hours as suggested by the Travelodge rep. I was also told that plenty of rooms were available still.
On April 7 I called and was told that the room has been finally booked for May 2-23rd. I was told in a recorded conversation that if we did not stay for the full 3 weeks, that the money left over for the days not stayed, would not be charged. The price was $99 and the credit card number and details were taken to book the reservation. I asked for confirmation but one was not given at the time.
On April 8th I talked to a representative who told me that the reservation was cancelled by someone on their end (not ours). I explained that I had recorded the conversation and that it is a fraudulent act to take someone’s credit card number and not offer the service paid for. I also explained that I was not told that the reservation was cancelled. He put me on hold to talk to his Manager, but when I asked to talk to his Manager, he replied that the Manager suddenly left! Why was it fraudulently cancelled anyway? There is no mistaken that this was accidental, but purposeful actions by Neil. If my elderly parents had shown up on the day of the booking and they were turned away, where would they have gone? These are elderly people who Travelodge are fraudulently promising a room to and taking the credit cards from. My goal is for everyone from everywhere looking to book with Travelodge, to know and be warned about the practices of Travelodge (Global TV and Social Media and all the affiliated websites). The rep insisted that he did not know who cancelled the reservation and that no money was taken from the credit card. He did not apologize or care that the reservation was cancelled purposely and vindictively by their own Manager. Thank goodness I recorded all my calls!