Travelocityadvertised 5 star hotel secret hotel - gave me 4 star

J

After searching for several days for the best price I could get a 5 star hotel for, I noticed the "Top Secret" option. It offered a 5 star hotel for $88 and a 4 star hotel on the same street for $45. I purchased the 5 star, not caring what I got as long as it was 5 star. As soon as the purchase was complete, it revealed my secret hotel and said "you are confirmed at this 4-star hotel". I just went through the process to purchase a 5-star hotel, not a 4-star. I confirmed on the main site that the hotel I got was NOT a 5 star hotel, so I called to get the error corrected in some way. Well, after speaking to the customer care representative and her supervisor, I was told that there was nothing that could be done. The purchase was final and if they cancelled the reservation, I would still be out my money. Wow!! I believe this could be called false advertising! This is not my first time purchasing hotels using this process, but it was the first time using Travelocity... and my last!

Patricia Na Jun 30, 2015

I booked a room in New York for my daughter, paid online with my credit card, she was going overseas and needed all her cash! When she got there the staff told her her room had not been paid and she paid cash, leaving her very short on money. I called Travelocity ( long wait, be prepared...)and they called the hotel, said they would refund my credit card as she had paid cash. But...no refund appeared! I called them again ( long wait, for sure..), they acknowledged I had previously called, but now said I need to send the hotel a receipt. From my daughter who is in the African Bush. Shame on you, Travelocity, You took my money and promised me my daughters stay was taken care of, but it wasn't. Such a small amount to lose my business forever...

• Yv
    Yvonne ws Feb 18, 2015

Booked an 8 night vacation to Cancun through Travelocity including trip insurance. Tried changing the date of departure 2 days before the trip as a major ice and snow storm was going to hit the N.E. U.S. Called 8 times and put on hold and disconnected. One manager called back and left a voice mail which I was unsuccessful reaching and got put on hold and disconnected. Flight was delayed that day. Day prior to departure flight was canceled. Tried calling Travelocity with same result - put on hold and disconnected. I booked my flight myself. After coming back home, complained online to Travelocity twice with no results. Worse customer experience I have experienced in my life.

• Yv
    Yvonne ws Feb 18, 2015

I agree. I have traveled for years and just returned from an 8 night vacation to Cancun I booked through Travelocity with trip insurance. I experienced the worse customer service I have ever experienced in my life. Our flight was going to depart during a major snow and ie storm. Two days before the trip our flight was delayed and then the day before canceled. I tried 2 days prior to our trip to change the departure date to a day earlier. I called 8 times and was put on hold so they could talk to a manager and got disconnected all 8 times. A manager called back once and left a voice mail which I tried to return and went through the whole problem getting through and getting put on hold again to be disconnected. The next day when I found our flight canceled I tried calling one more time and was put on hold and disconnected and rebooked the flight myself. The travel insurance was worthless and customer service nonexistent. I tried complaining after I got home, but basically got "canned" email replies with no satisfaction of any kind. I would not recommend Travelocity to my worse enemy.

• Co
    Connie mcintyre Mar 19, 2014

Worst experience of my life!!! I booked a trip through travelocity for a vacation to Montego Bay jamaica for August 2nd through August 9th. I read reviews on the website that stated the hotel had roaches, granted that was in 2017 but I still did not want to stay there and called to change just the hotel portion of our trip and it would have been about a 1200 dollar difference so they would have been getting even more money from us, well I called and of course their customer service is ALL in India and you can't understand half of the customer service reps. I spoke to a rep and he changed my hotel portion from the RIU Montego Bay to the Sandals resort in Montego Bay and after an hour on the phone with him holding and waiting and waiting he ran my card through and charged 1795 four times and then stated it didn't work, you'll have to call back tomorrow and try again. I said you have got to be kidding me after all that!!! So I waited and called the next morning and started all over again and this time after 2 more customer service reps and another 2 hours and two more credit cards which they charged each of them three times 1795 & 1995 they told me it didn't work for them either so they said call back tomorrow. I called my capital one credit card company and they said that was completely unacceptable and they called travelocity with me on the phone and they had to get them to authorize and take the 6 charges off of my cards and another 2 hours and still no resolution and they said they would try again Monday being a week day and that it would be resolved so my capital one rep called me back the next day at 6:00 pm and we called travelocity again and after speaking to 3 more customer service reps and they charged my two cards 3 times a piece again and still could not just simply change a hotel reservation from one hotel to another and we were on the phone from 6:00 pm until 11:40 pm I finally got angry after 5 and a half hours on the phone and said we are done here, do not charge my account anymore money and do not change anything on my reservation, I am not going to hold and wait and go through this horror any longer. You people have now kept me on the phone for 4 days for over 9 hours total and still have not resolved a simple hotel reservation change!!! They were unresponsive and could have cared less. I think they just kept me on hold all that time trying to get me to give up. They had no intentions of ever helping me. So I am now telling every single person I know my story and posting it everywhere to try and help as many people I can to not have to go through the horror I did with travelocity, their terrible. Worst customer service I've ever experienced!!! BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

linda beaver Sep 07, 2013

I bought a flight ticket to go to Birmingham, al from hts for 320.00 I called back to change to another date was told 40.00 charge for traveocity and a difference charge from USA. ok I was 40.00 from Travelocity then 390.00 to USA, I could have canceled and bought cheaper. I am a single widow I can not afford this, I was not told this is what it cost? this is 750.00 dollars, I go twice a year to BHM this is about what I pay, I planned on going back at Christmas BUT now I probably will not fiancailly be able to go. who ever I spoke to I couldn't understand his lauange very but THIS is wrong Please help help me .can you help toward my next ticket is there some way to help me PLEASE

• Bo
    Bowler15 Feb 05, 2013

Booked an All Inclusive 10 day stay at Buenaventura Hotel in Puerto Vallarta Mexico for over Christmas through a Travelocity agent. Before leaving checked with agent and her supervisor to confirm “all inclusive” and that rooms would adjacent. Arrived at hotel very tired only find one of the bookings was not “all inclusive” and rooms were floors apart. Spent more than 3 hours on phone with Travelocity at the front desk and they could not resolve the issue. Asked hotel manager the cost of upgrading the booking to “all inclusive” and was told 500 dollars. Travelocity said they would review booking phone calls and get back to us in a couple of days. They did not. Upon checkout was presented with a bill for over 600 instead of the expected of just over 500. However when I questioned the clerk she said that was Pesos not Dollars. Quickly paid in cash. Upon returning home went after Travelocity for the agent error (which they admitted to in mid January) for the stress, upset and lack of immediate follow up and out of pocket expenses. When the investigator questioned the hotel about the 500 (not the 600) the manager realized they had charged in peso's and called the charge tips. Travelocity said they would not refund tips. The investigator knew the hotel wasn't giving straight answers and did refund an amount that almost covered the 500 pesos. However Travelocity offered NOTHING for the inconvenience, stress and upset caused by their admitted error. NEVER EVER USE TRAVELOCITY BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE IF THEY MAKE AN ERROR.

• Ta
    Tammy garner Sep 13, 2012

wrong dates wrong room wrong fees wrong cards wrong email [email protected] 252.269.9206 then no reservations

• Ka
    KaraK Jun 06, 2012

Did you book a flight as well or was this a hotel reservation only?

With flights, they do charge you ridiculous fees because airlines charge ridiculous fees. I had to pay $150 to cancel my trip but I had to pay the same thing even when I booked my flight directly with an airline.

I never stayed with Holiday Inn but I would go online and check their policy about cancellations. I know some hotels charge a certain % for cancelled reservations.

• Mu
    Murad Jakarta Nov 16, 2011

Reading all the complaints on travelocity I think my situation is the worst. I wish I had visited this website before buying the tickets. I bought twelve tickets from singapore to los angeles in the amount of $16000. I thought everything was ok, because just after transaction I received an email with e-ticket numbers. But in the morning got an email saying that they couldn't reach me by phone to verify some information. What on earth verification is needed if I already paid the price? Thus they had to cancel the tickets. First they promised to refund within 24 hrs, then within 30 days. Now I don't know what to do. If there are kind people who had such a problem, then were successful getting their money back, I would like to hear your story. If there are people who can help I would also be thankful. Murad

Patrick K. Whalen Aug 18, 2011

You are on your own when using travelocity. Customer service in India will tell you anything you want to hear to get you off the phone. I hate them(travelocity). They ruined my trip to Mecixo in 2017. I was stuck paying an additional $1200.00 for rooms and rebooked airline. They offered me a $150.00 coupon for thier mistakes. Whatever!!! You can book on your own! It's alttle bit difficult at first, but you master vacation planning and save money over time.

• Vu
    Vulpinus Aug 03, 2011

I booked my flights from Travelocity and 2 days before my scheduled departure Travelocity sent me an e-mail that "the airline has changed my ticket". I checked the airline's website and my itinerary was still available. Travelocity agent then put me on hold for 30 minutes without coming back on line. He then summarily hung up on me.

Lisa123456 Jun 04, 2011

I had the exact same problem. I made a mistake using my points, I called and got prior approval to cancel the flight and have my points returned. Travelcoity canceleld the flight but Travelocity AmEx did NOT return my 25, 000 points. Calls to their customer service line result in hours spent on the phone. They either A) give contradictory information or B) say they will fix it and I wait and nothing happens or C) transfer the call so many times, up to 10 times in one call, until I give up and hang up. The phone run around is a real problem and I think that just when you have someone on the line who sounds like they have the authority to help they say hold a minute and then the line is transferred and the next person has no idea what the call is about and can't send you back to the previous representative. I think its an intentional fraud to block customers from using their points.

• Tr
    TravelocityIncompetance Mar 02, 2011

I've just spoken to so many people at Travelocity I can't count (both Amex Travelocity and the Travelocity Booking) - at least 5 people who were incompetent, Even after speaking with individuals in a supervisory capacity I've gotten the runaround. The first person I spoke with transferred me to Delta after I booked my flight on Jet Blue although the problem has nothing to do with either. In any event, I checked on the Travelocity website that I wanted to use my points and then I decided against it and unchecked the points box. I was charged anyway for 10, 000 points (I realized I'm only 28 points away from a $400 reward so I decided to wait). This must have been a computer glitch. I ended up cancelling the flight alltogther with no guarantee of getting the points back. We'll see what happens since I spoke with Customer Care at Travelocity Amex for the second time. Apparently the first person told me nothing could be done. The second person said I would get me points back. MY POINT IS DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY AMEX OR THE TRAVEL SITE. THEY ARE HIGHLY INCOMPETENT. DIFFERENT PEOPLE PROVIDE DIFFERENT OR IRRELEVANT ANSWERS. THE ONE HAND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE OTHER IS DOING. I'VE WAISTED 3 HOURS ON THE PHONE. AFTER I USE MY CURRENT POINTS I WILL CANCEL MY TRAVELOCITY AMEX AND WILL NOT USE THE TRAVEL SITE AGAIN

• Ni
    nitsuj Feb 02, 2011

Travelocity did not honor my price guaranteed refund of $285.70, nor did they take the time to communicate this dishonor to me for over three months. I found lower prices for my departure/return flights in October, took and sent screen shots of the lower tickets found for my exact same flights, airlines and flight times, and invoked the price guarantee as advertised on Travelocity's website. I received two auto-generated responses via email to my price guarantee invocation requests, encouraging and informing me to look for my refund 30 days after my completed flights. Great, my wife and I thought. We'd been recommending Travelocity to all of our friends ever since. However, yesterday, I wrote to request a follow-up from the company because I'd heard nothing from Travelocity since the auto-generated responses sent in October, but I only received another generic response, this time from a Sandy T, stating that I was supposed to submit a claim within 24 hours of my having booked the flight for the price guarantee to take effect. How is this a price guarantee? Where was this supposed information when I first invoked my claim? We will certainly stop making recommendations for Travelocity now, and will be sure to spread the word about Travelocity's misleading advertisement, and the obvious injustice done us here.

I filed a claim against Travelocity today at the Better Business Bureau to request justice, a company apology, and a refund of $285.70 for satisfaction.

• So
    Sounds Right To Me Nov 29, 2010

This GNOME surely did its JOB! It got people thinking about and talking about and writing about Travelocity. Rather than scold their marketing people, they ought to give them a bonus.

• Ba
    Bad ad gnome Nov 28, 2010

Makes me want to turn off tv

• Ba
    Bad ad gnome Nov 28, 2010

The Roaming Gnome commercial is a turn-off! I am a business professional engaged in private sector security and investigations. This type commercial attempts to send a message to viewers as the Gnom recieves a massage while reclining in a bubblebath with cucumber on the eyes. The background reflects a female playing a harp. This commercial does NOT encourage me to relax in one of the rooms at the hotel. It makes me want to scream as I question Travelocity's hiring standards in marketing. Silly. Waste of viewers time. Not informative!
    This commercial encourages me to change the channel immediately and to NEVER use the company's product.
    In my opinion, this type commercial is a waste of advertising funds and a loss of potential customers.
    In closing. The only things this commercial promotes is loss.
    Regards,
    Yvette Miller
    [protected]

• Om
    omid1000 Aug 07, 2010

I booked a flight for myself, my wife and child through travelocity from santa ana clifornia to barcelona spain.
    when i got to the airport today, i found out they have only issued ticket for my 2 year old
    daughter but not for myself or my wife. after trying to contact them several times, they did not have any explenation as why this has happened. they tried to mainpulate us to use
    some unsual routes and charge us more. i missed my flight because of this incomptence.
    i am very dissapointed by the service. i wish coustomer care was in USA rather in INDIA
    and i could talk to somebody who understood english.
    in short this was a horrible experience. they booked me for next day, but i was charged twice. i would never use this awful online booking.
    from now on direct from airline. buyers beware. travelocity is a scam.

• Ha
    haruchibannor Jul 19, 2010

The person I made my reservation with put down the wrong time and when I called to correct it the only way it would be changed is if I paid 180.00 dollars. This was there fault, travelocity is great when it works but when it doesn't they put it to you!

livelikedavid Jun 23, 2010

I booked a ticket, through Travelociy, from Los Angeles to San Francisco for the Memorial Day weekend. When I got to the airport I was advised that the flight had been "cancelled due to mechanical errors". All other flights to San Francisco were booked solid because of the holiday weekend and was advised that the likelihood of finding space on another flight (even through other carriers), that weekend, was very slim. I was told, via the airline, that I would need to contact Travelocity for my refund, because the trip was booked through them. When I spoke with a Travelocity Supervisor, I was assured that I would receive a refund and was even given a confirmation number for my refund. Now, three weeks later, I receive an email stating I am ineligible for a refund. In speaking with supervisors from Travelocity, I am being advised that the trip was not cancelled, only delayed 1 hour, and they don't refund money for delayed flights. I have advised that I have written proof from the airline stating the flight was cancelled and Travelocity reps haven't wanted it. Only after a 3rd conversation with 3rd supervisor, where I advised that I wanted contact information for their corporate office, so that I could serve court docs, was someone finally willing to view my documentation. Still in the middle of this drawn out ordeal (over a pathetic $300!). It's better to pay a little extra and go directly through the airline than to have a middle man and go through hassel.

• St
    stoves48 Jun 20, 2010

I returned from a trip to LA last Wednesday and am very unhappy about what occurred. When I arrived at LAX I was informed that my flight would be stopping in Chicago. I had booked the flight intentionally because it was shown as a direct flight and there was no indication that there would be any stops. The person at the American desk said there was another direct flight that morning but it was already sold out. I had no option but to take this flight. The American desk and the Travelocity customer service person seemed to think that it should be a consolation that I wouldn't have to change planes in Chicago but I couldn't care less. A stop is a stop and it should have been listed on the site when I was booking especially one that was an hour and a half in length.

I called the Travelocity customer service line and spoke with "John" who was beyond unhelpful. John kept insisting that I was not reading the itinerary correctly. He refused to believe that my itinerary did not show a stop. Regardless of the number of times I told him that I was looking right at it and this information was not shown he would not stop insisting that I was misunderstanding or reading it incorrectly. This quite naturally made me furious. I told him that this line of discussion was unproductive and only serving to make things worse which he acknowledged but didn't manage to let go of. He offered to book me on another flight for $180 which frankly at this point was insulting. I said to him, "So there is nothing your company is wiling to do to make this right." and he replied, "Yes that's correct". He told me that I could send a message and the itinerary to the customer relations email address. I expressed to him that it would be very difficult for me to write this email address down since I was in the security line and he refused to email the address to me or tell me where else I could find it which was extremely inconvenient given the circumstances.

I could not be more dissatisfied with this experience. It was bad enough that the flight I selected was not accurately represented but to also get such terrible customer service on top of it was too much. I can forgive easily when the mistake is acknowledged and efforts are taken to make up for the error but instead I was told I was either dumb or lying neither of which is acceptable in any way.

I sent Travelocity a copy of my itinerary so that they could clearly see there is no indication of a stop for flight 1544 from LAX to DCA on June 16th. My only guess is that "John" was looking at my flight from DCA to LAX on the 12th in which I did have a layover in Chicago of which I was aware when booking my flight. I tried to suggest to him that he was not looking at the right flight information but he refused to listen to me and kept insisting I was the one in the wrong.

I was hopeful that someone at Travelocity could rectify this situation and restore my faith in their company but its been four days and I have gotten no response. I sent this info to the customer relations email address as well as in a response to a survey request asking me to rate the service I received from their customer care line. I've gotten nothing in return.

I have to say though that after reading about the experiences of others I think I got of pretty lucky and will not use Travelocity again before something worse happens! When I did a search on bad customer service and Travelocity I was amazed by the number of outraged customers. I'm shocked that a company thinks they can get away with this! I hope more people do their reserach on Travelocity before using them. I wish I had!

• Be
    Belleboo Jun 10, 2010

Our daughter's husband is stationed in Hawaii. We went over for New Years. Booked via Travelocity. No problems. So we decide we want to go back to visit with her again. Did not need anything extravagant since we did/saw everything we wanted on the previous trip. Booked the trip for the end of August 2017. Yesterday she filed divorce papers in Hawaii. We picked her up at the airport this morning. Since she is here we don't really care to go to Hawaii. Been there and done it. So I called Travelocity about cancelling the trip or change it to a cruise for the 3 of us. Now I know I have a "Southern" accent ... but as luck would have it I got the rep with the "outsource accent" and I could not understand her. I explained to the rep what was going on. She kept repeating my itinerary to me. The 2nd time I was a bit pissed. She tells me if I cancel I will still be responsible for $1149 and I would get the rest in a refund in 1 - 2 months. Then asked me why I wanted to cancel or change the reservation ... I had already told her. As my mom would say "in 1 ear and out the other". Did not let me speak with anyone else. She kept saying cancel. So I tell her DO NOT to cancel the trip until we decide what we want to do. So I decide I will e-mail them and explain what is happening. I thought maybe since I was a satisfied past customer they might be willing to switch my booking to a cruise. I get an email back. It was obivious the service rep did not read my e-mail. He says that I will get a refund of $60.90. Now I know math has changed since I was in school ... but I paid $1754. If you subtract $1149 is does not come to $60.90. I e-mailed him and told him he needs to READ what I originally said. The best part is I get a survey asking about my experience with customer service. Like they really care. My daughter should be getting a survey asking about her flight from Hawaii ... she will not use them ever again because of their bad customer service.

angrytraveler Jun 07, 2010

I hear you...we had the same experience. Their customer service if you can call that is horrible. They are rude and unhelpful and cannot get a reservation right. Travelocity is not looking out for travellers. How do they stay in business???

• Mo
    Morningmist May 13, 2010

Absolutely Agree. In India most of the time they don't even answer phone. Do not book tickets on travelocity, if you have any plans to cancel tickets later.

• Va
    VAGuy30 May 03, 2010

Welcome VAGuy!
    my inbox | notifications
    consumer news

Search our site for...
    - Write a Review Top Reviews Company Reports Local Reviews Community

My Consumer Tools- - - - - - - - - - - - -Write a ReviewAsk a Question/Get AdviceClass Action CasesCompany Contact InfoContact Attorney GeneralLegal Help SitesGovernment AgenciesContact the BBBContact the NFICCredit Card Fraud AdviceHelp on Debt CollectionIdentity Theft - Get HelpHandling TelemarketersConsumer News BlogTop Rated Reviews Reviews By Category- - - - - - - - - - - - -Phone/Cable/InternetStores/ProductsAutomotiveTravelComputersFoodHealthDeliveryFinancialMiscellaneousJob Related My Account- - - - - - - - - - - - -Join My3cents!LoginMy Profile/SettingsMy Recent PostsMy BlogMy InboxLogout

Travelocity - Customer service complaints and reviews...

Latest Travelocity Reviews...

Travelocity is now stealing ! charging on credit cards for no services !!!

Beware Canadians... they get you on the USD.

Avoid.

Got double charged and left without money on vacation

Countless Phone Calls to Customer Service

Scam - Please Watch Out - Important

TRAVELOCITY/HOLIDAY INN SUITED Outrageous Cancellation Fees

Confirmation Number -- It's Worthless

I should have checked this site first

Charing the wrong credit card

Read all reviews on Travelocity
    Worst customer Experience for Stranded Traveler
    5/3/2017

I was recently traveling overseas and made a hotel reservation (online) through Travelocity. Due to the Iceland volcano situation, my flight was cancelled. In attempting to contact Travelocity for over 3+ hours, I was never able to get past a fast busy signal. So I decided to e-mail their customer service team to advise of the situation.

They promptly told me to call customer service. I explained to them that I couldn't get through online due to the situation. They showed NO empathy and told me they had to talk to me one on one. So I tried again to get through to this online travel agency with no success.

I find this interesting as they didn't need to talk to me when they took my name, address, credit card information, security codes, etc all over e-mail to book the reservation. However, when stranded and need their assistance; they can't help me without a phone call first????

To this day we are still arguing over this bill as they beleive it is compeltely appropriate to bill me for costs of hotels when I in good faith attempted to contact them by any and all means possible. They don't believe they have any responsibility for travelers who get stranded or willign to assistn them. They don't even know the meaning of the word of CUSTOMER SERVICE. Maybe we need a similar bill of rights for these types of organizations as well since they are worse than the airlines.

Do yourself a favor and avoid TRAVELOCITY at all costs!!!

• Ya
    Yass Apr 29, 2010

I booked a flight to Brazil, and Travelocity gave the cheapest airfare roundrtip. Of course it was cheaper because of 2 stops, one was a change of airlines. But they listed it as the total price for a round-trip ticket, including fees. Than, someone from Travelocity calls, that I can barely understand and says that they have to fed-ex us the tickets because I will need two baggage claim tickets because I will have to recheck my baggage and the connecting airline doesn't have an agreement with the first. Never did I hear that there would be a price added on for the seat on the second airline, but when I received the tickets, they were priced separately, and what was supposed to be the total price was only the price of the first airline. This was after confirmation of the first price. Their guarantee states "You total price for any transaction, including all amounts payable to us, will always be displayed prior to purchase...but in those rare cases that we make a mistake you can count on us to take responsibility for it." I also had sit in the airport in Buenos Aires for 22 hours because their delay caused me to miss my connecting flight. Don't ever use travelocity, they are not to be trusted even when there is a written guarantee.

• Ji
    Jim Apr 20, 2010

I booked a reservation through Travelocity at the Holiday Inn Express Suites, Amarillo, Texas about two months in advance. Yesterday I found out that I would not be able to use this reservation after all. I calledTravelocity and spoke with someone who sounded as if they were in a foreign country and spoke with a very, very heavy accent. When I tried to cancel, they told me that all three nights that had been prepaid would be forfeited ($317), even thought the reservation isn't until 3 weeks from now. When I asked to speak to a supervisor this person would not let me do so. They referred me instead to Holiday Inn, who they say keeps the forfeited deposit. I then called Holiday Inn's central reservation line, who referred me to the Holiday Inn Manager in Amarillo and/or Travelocity. I then spoke with the local Holiday Inn Manager, who referred me to Travelocity. None would refund the deposit.

While I understand a reasonable cancellation fee to cover administrative expenses, charging $317 cancellation fee is anything but reasonable. I urge all readers to not book any hotel stays through Travelocity or at the Holiday Inn.

Jorge Mar 30, 2010

I was traveling through Cozumel & Cancun. I made a hotel reservation through Travelocity and they confirmed my reservation via email. After waiting at the hotel for 3 hours, they told me Travelocity cancelled the reservation. I tried to call Travelocity's outside US number from a pay phone w/ calling card, but no answer. I made another reservation with a different C Card thru Travelocity (because I was not sure they'd really cancelled my reservation and didn't want to be double billed). I also sent them an email msg to tell them of the problem (where I got no answer). We got a room briefly, but then they cancelled again and the hotel kicked us out.

The biggest problem is I had prepaid confirmation numbers on my emails from them, but no cancellation email. (I didn't dare book elsewhere.)

Anyway... because of their screw up while we were waiting, the hotel sold out, as did the others we'd checked and we wound up sleeping on the beach. Bummer. The next day I hit an ATM with the same card, and paid cash at a higher rate.

Never Again. Never Again. Never Again. Never Again. Never Again. Never Again. Never Again. Never Again. Never Again. Never Again.

• Ga
    Gagan_Phull Mar 30, 2010

My experience with Travelocity is as pathetic as other people have mentioned.
    I was booked a ticket to travel in Februaury 2017, and cancelled it after one week and 3 days before the travel. The Customer Care executive told that it would take 2-5 working days to refund my money. But now even March 2017 is over till now I haven't received it.
    The best thing is calling the customer care, the Toll Free Number is never available, if you call on the toll number in India, first it'll charge you the STD fare, you have to wait for exactly 19.05 minutes, then the call will be automatically disconnected, that too without connecting to any of the Customer Care executives. For me this happened umpteen times. One day I was lucky my call was received, this Guy tells that your refund was processed last month itself you ask the Bank guys, when I ask Bank people they tell no such money is sent back. Again when I try to connect daily my call goes unattended and I have to pay for the call charges. My phone bill is now more than the refund expected. These Travelocity guys are a total waste.

• Et
    Ethan Mar 09, 2010

I had booked two reservations through travelocity. One for travel from Rome to Palermo and a return from Catania to Rome. I had recieved a email back from travelocity stating Thank you:Reservation Confirmation... The email sated that it was an eticket, so no paper ticket would be sent. In addition to flight information it gavew me a boarding pass ..reference code for online or airport checkin. A day later, I recieved another email asking me to contact tTravelocity. When I spoke to their agent located in India, he explained to me that they had trouble printing tickets from the Airline Carrier Blue Panorama Air, and that I should consider the reservations cancelled. They could book me on a different airline that would cost about $200 more. I felt thatTravelocity should pay the differance in flight costs as I has an eticket and a letter of confirmation. The Agent explained that it was not an eticket even though it said so. I asked to speak to the supervisor and got the same story. I then asked to speak to a US agent. I eventually spoke to an agent in Pennsylvania who likewise told me thatTravelocity would do nothing for me and I had no reservations... I receives no satisfactory explaination as to why 1. They sent a confirmation. 2. The confirmnation said it was an eticket 3. They would offer tickets on their website that they in fact could not honor!!! I was on the phone with travelocity for longer then the flight would have taken... (they keep putting you on hold and transfer calls) and they proved themselves to be disreputable. So long Sicily, Goodbyetravelocity... I will never use them again..

• Sl
    slmiller35 Mar 08, 2010

I went under deals, found my dates of flight travel, picked my seats and submitted. The next screen said the deal has changed. I did this at least a second time and guess what, they did the bait and switch thing again.

I'll never use that site again.

• Ju
    juliojulia Feb 26, 2010

CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT ONLY FOCUSES ON "LOW FARE RATES"
    It is just part of a whole!
    how about your response time for reissuing, etc.
    have you ever thought about it, how long your clients wait?

Trying to offer the best in Customer Service, you should audit your performance
    It is terrible! Doing the best is not the key solution, BUT DOING THE RIGHT THING
    right now you guys are doing the WRONG one, and you should not call that as
    TRYING to offer BEST SERVICE.
    You call that MAINTAINING the worst SERVICE in the face of the earth.

Patrick Peters Feb 01, 2010

TO THE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT

OK this is how it went! On Dec 19 I must of booked a flight with u guys to Las Vegas with Delta airlines but i did not received a conformation. I was told that there was one in my email but my email deletes in a few days so i did not get it. So I am sending you the ticket number that is all I have on my statement so here it is Ticket number [protected] Passenger name Peters/Patrick J and the price was $408.00 in American funds and $447.47 in Canadian funds. Then i was charged for a Travel Package trip 6 and the price was $140.89 in American funds and $154.52 in Canadian funds. So u can check with Delta airlines saying that i did not go on this trip or stay in the hotel so i was wanting a refund for the amount of $601.49 please get back to me with a reply to [email protected] or call me [protected] if not there please leave a phone number that i can call to get back to you as soon as possible. $408.00

December 19 DELTA AIR LINES SAN ANTONIO TX United States Dollar Can $447.47

TICKET NUMBER [protected] Peters/Patrick J

Then here is the travel package trip 6

Dec 19 TRAVEL-PACKAGE TRIP 6 $140 $154.52 CAN
    United States Dollar

So this is my whole statement on my American Express Card so is this all you need get back to me thanks Patrick Peters

• Av
    avatar2475 Jan 06, 2010

On 12/31/09 I purchased a weekend hotel reservation through Travelocity for the weekend of 1/22/10. On 1/4 I received word of a last minute change, and had to push my trip back until mid-February. I found on their website the same hotel for the same rate, so I figured it would be no hassle to just change the date. When I called their customer service (which apparently is in India), I was told that the reservation was "nonrefundable" so if I make a change or cancel, I'd be charged the full rate of the original booking, plus the cost for a new reservation. I told the rep I wasn't looking for a refund, I just needed to push back the date, and told her the date I needed was the same cost as the original reservation. Plus, this wasn't a last minute issue as the reservation was over 2 1/2 weeks away still. She said she couldn't do anything as this was the hotel's policy, not there's. I was given to a manager, who pretty much said the same thing as the rep. She offered to call the hotel and I waited on hold, and waited, and waited. She occasionally came back to say she was trying because no manager was there (away from the desk or some such junk). After 40 mins she said she would keep trying and call me back. The next morning, I was still fuming, so I called the hotel directly. I spoke to the agent at the hotel and explained the situation. In about 2 minutes, she verified my info & the dates I was needing to change it to, and said "done". The woman at the desk was surprised at what Travelocity was telling me and couldn't believe it was such a hassle for, as she put it, "a very simple matter" and apologized to me for the headache. No mess, no hassle, no "our policy" garbage. I have my new reservation dates and learned a very good lesson: do NOT use a travel booking agency to purchase a reservation. If necessary, only use it to find the dates & a hotel, then go directly to that hotel's site & book it through them. It's pretty much the same cost (or a couple dollars off). The cost of what you save pales in comparison to what you save yourself with wasted time & unnecessary aggrevation! Thanks Travelocity for teaching me that I'll be better off without you.

• Ri
    ritahawes Dec 31, 2009

I had an identical scenario...I could have made a reservation at the same hotel for less on my own!!!

• Ri
    ritahawes Dec 31, 2009

Same deal happened to me!!!

• Us
    useorbitz Dec 18, 2009

I needed a good multiple carrier flight down to Grenada as there are no direct flights from where I live. Travelocity had the cheapest and most direct fares, so I chose to go with them (2 months before the travel date) and purchased my tickets. During the two following days I got 1 promotional email (which I explicitely asked not to recieve when I purchased the tickets) and two emails both stating the following (exact copy):

Thank you for booking your travel reservations with Travelocity.com.

Your reservation has been ticketed, however, the airlines you
    selected do not have a baggage agreement. It will be necessary
    to claim and recheck your bags when changing airlines.

For any additional travel needs, please visit us at
    www.travelocity.com.

Travelocity.com

*** FQDGEJ

I figured, no big deal, I have almost 3 hours of a layover so this isn't a huge problem. One month later, I noticed I still haven't been billed for the flights. I call them to see what is going on, and I talk to three people in India with the names of "Rob", "Monica", and their supervisor "Jack". All three tell me in vastly different words that travelocity cancelled my reservations due to the lack of baggage agreement between frontier and AirJamaica, my two carriers. They also claimed that the flight was cancelled until I told them I had proof that AirJamiaca was flying out of JFK that night and then they backed up and said they issued me emails stating that I hadn't been ticketed for the flights, (by now completely booked), and that they called and wrote emails informing me of this. I keep perfect records and have my phone bill and inbox proving they never attempted to do such things.

I went onto the website only to find that I was still reserved for the flights with my tickets to be delivered to me (FedEx signiture required). I also got an email copy of this after talking to the representatives. I called again to see what the deal is and was put onto hold. Every 7 mins "Rose" kept checking in and telling me they were looking up my records and it was taking longer than normal to find my info. After 35.11mins of this they tell me they will call me back in 2-3 hours with the information. It has been 4 and they haven't tried at all.

Stay away from Travelocity. They care very little about their customers and are poorly run, managed, and organized. Use Orbitz, a very safe and reliable company I've used 4 times before without so much as a hint of trouble.

It has been 4 and I am on hold as I'm writing this. I'm calling their sonsumer relations department and I've been on hold for 30 mins. It closes in 5mins for the day and I'm sure they see my call but don't want to stay late on Friday and aren't answering it for this reason.

Joan Nolan Oct 30, 2009

Going on a cruise in January and booked a hotel room at the Embassy Suites in Puerto Rico. When I booked it online with travelocity I didn't realize it was 25 miles away from the cruise ship and not as close as I initially thought. This all happened with in minutes. I called them when I received my conformation... realizing that we were 25 miles away from the cruise ship which would have incurred extra charges for taxis from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to the cruise ship at $65.00 a ride. I called them right back and told them I wanted the Embassy Suite in San Juan not Dorado. It's to far and from the cruise ship. He told me there was nothing he can do for me since the Embassy Suite in San Juan was booked up. I asked him for a refund and he told me there are no refunds. I told him I just did this minutes ago. He asked me if I wanted to stay at this other Hotel. I looked it up and declined because it was an old sleezy hotel nothing compared to the Embassy Suites. The other thing that annoyed me was. I booked 2 rooms 1 with a king size bed and the other room with two double. When reading through my recipt from Travelocity it said two kings with a pull out and charged me an extra $89.00 for the extra person. For another $22.00 I could have booked another hotel room. Called back again and he told me he would call the Embassy Suites and see what he can do. He got back on the phone and told me there was nothing he could do. He told me I could try when I get there to get a room with 2 double beds. DO NOT GO THROUGH TRAVELOCITY. I WILL NEVER...NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN! LESSON LEARNED...

• Er
    erica5025 Aug 09, 2009

This past May I booked at 5 night vacation to Cancun for my mom, brother and I. Before booking, I read under the Travelocity guidelines that rooms are based on double occupancy. So I called and spoke with two Travelocity represenatives. Both times, I was told that was just how the room is booked and that since I chose 3 people, that I would not be charged anything additional. I trusted their word and went ahead and booked the trip. Upon arriving at the hotel in Cancun, I was told I would have to pay and additional $300 for having a third person. I was LIVID. I immediately called Travelocity and asked for a manager. Over and over the manager told me there was nothing he could do and that they had no record of me calling and asking whether I would be charged more. I was told me the hotel that if I didn't pay the additional $300 upon check in, I could not keep my room. So I paid the additional $300. As soon as I got back to the US, I called Travelocity. It has now been over a month and I've called and spoke to about 5 different managers. This past week, I spoke with the "top manager" who basically called me a liar and said that I made this up and that I was told I would have to pay the additional price. They refused to credit me the $300 and basically laughed at me when I told them that i will NEVER use their site again. As someone who works in the consumer products business, I am outraged that this company can treat people like this and get away with it. I will NEVER ever ever book through them again.

• He
    hellotraveler Jul 15, 2009

seems like you hurt larry's feelings