Travelgenio"special services"

U

Contact #1030049, booking reference PNDTXA
In late 2016 I booked two flights with Travelgenio from Madrid to seville on the 3rd June 2017 (today). The booking gateway way unclear and I was attempting to add checked luggage to my booking. I mistakenly used the "special luggage" option - which as I said, in my mind was the option to simply add luggage. As there was two of us travelling, I paid an extra $62 AUD total for two of this so called "special luggage" services. Anyways, a few weeks later I get an email from from a Travelgenio agent asking me if me and my travel companion needed anything and also advising me that at that point I did not have any luggage allowance. I explained that I misunderstood and that I had no special luggage requirements at all, and that I simply needed to add checked luggage and so did my travel companion. They then attempted to charge me another $30 EUR for checked luggage and $14 EUR for "early seat"selection. Needless to say I was upset because as I said, I didn't really understand why then had I paid $62 AUD for? I called several agents, emailed several times to try to work this out and each and every time all I got was generic, rude, unhelpful responses and refusal to refund the $62 AUD for special services that I did not need or use. To top it up, not only did they try to ask me for my credit card details VIA EMAIL (seriously?), they never contacted my travel companion to offer this so called "special luggage service" at all. They tried to do it all through me. So again I would like to ask, what did I pay an extra $62 AUD for? At this stage it seems I paid for a lousy email asking me if I needed any assistance, rudeness, unprofessional conduct and absolutely horrendous customer service.
I think this is pretty unfair. In the end, I called the airline directly myself and added checked luggage. I want my $62 AUD back!!!

RESOLVED

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 03, 2017

You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 04, 2017

Hello. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours.
    Thank you for your collaboration.

Christopher D. Botha Apr 23, 2019

Travelgenio still has this useless special services, not happy at all being charged for a services which adds no convenience to the customer. If your Travelgenio flight is with a reputable airline these services add no value.