Toyota Motor Corporationtoyota extra care vehicle service agreement application number ar621f

J

On 6/7/2016 my husband and I purchased a 2011 Toyota Sequoia. ( JUST FYI: This has been my 5 Toyota purchase and a family member just purchased a brand new Vehicle from this Dealership because of OUR recommendation.)

We paid an ADDITIONAL Agreement Purchase of $1699.00 for Toyota Extra Care coverage for 7 years and 125, 000 miles. No one/ever explained to us that we were already covered under the certified purchase plan that we were NOT going to be covered for mileage up to 125, 000 or 7 years. WE bought this policy in good faith and just happened to discover that our plan expires on 9/30/18 or 125, 000 miles when I was purchasing FOUR NEW TIRES for this vehicle from the original dealership. Again..why would be pay $1699.00 to duplicate coverage - the finance person at the time when we made our purchase told us that it was 7 years/125, 000 from the date of OUR purchase not the original purchase in 2011. WE would not have waisted this $$ knowing that it was duplicate coverage.

Upon realizing this situation, I contacted Craig Boone, Manager on 6/7/18 and he said it was a TYPO by the Finance Person and it was a 84 month contract and he would have the paperwork corrected and sent out to us. We waited 2 weeks. Called Craig and he said NO worries...he got it straightened out and we would get the paperwork and since I did not receive anything in the mail I called back to Craig.

I waited 5 days and the receptionist informed me that Craig Boone NO LONGER worked there.

I asked who I needed to speak with and they connected me to Jason Stine New Car Sales Manager for Heritage Toyota Owings Mills 410.753.4826 after much back and forth Jason called and informed us that the Warranty that we purchased did indeed expire in 9/30/2018 and that it should have been explained to us upon purchasing the vehicle that this policy for 7 years starts at the Original Purchase Date.

Heritage tells me that since R&H owned the Dealership prior to them that I have -0- recourse in this issue.

I am extremely upset and I am hoping that somehow, someway Toyota Motor Corp.Finance will be able to assist.

I am the Administrative Fellowship Manager @ Johns Hopkins Medicine and can be reached via telephone at 443.844.8397 or [protected]@jhmi.edu or [protected]@verizon.net.

Hoping that you will be able to help and thanking you in advance.