Having problems with Toyota?

800 869 682 (International)
8800 200 5775 (Russia)
+1 800 331 4331 (United States)
+44 344 701 6202 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 190 200 (Ireland)
+43 161 0040 (Austria)
+32 80 099 955 (Belgium)
+45 44 850 400 (Denmark)
+31 205 929 836 (Netherlands)
+351 808 248 248 (Portugal)
+63 28 192 912 (Philippines)
+966 920 024 454 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 66 311 188 (Singapore)
+27 800 139 111 (South Africa)
+82 805 258 255 (South Korea)
+84 916 001 524 (Vietnam)
+54 800 888 8696 (Argentina)
1 Toyota-Cho

20, boulevard de la république, 92423 Vaucresson Cedex

Germany
Toyota-Allee 2, 50858 Köln

Italy
Via Kiiciro Toyoda, 2 - 00148 Roma (Rm)

Netherlands
Steurweg 8, 4941 VR Raamsdonksveer

India
Plot № 1, Bidadi Industrial Area, Ramanagara District -562 109, State of Karnataka, India

Philippines
Toyota Special Economic Zone Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Highway, Sta Rosa City, Laguna 4026

South Africa
Stand 1, Eastern Service Road Wesco Park, Sandton 2012

Complaints & Reviews

the dealership broke my engine

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Jimmy Alan I live in OKC 11034 Millbrook Ln, okc, ok 73162. Occupation: Engineer. I would like to share this with you guys as you guys my favorite channel.

Story:

I have a 2000 4Runner Toyota, I took my car to Dub Richardson Toyota 8401 N.W. Expressway, OKC, OK 73162 for (brakes and tune up). They called me the same day and they ask me that my timing belt should be replaced. So I agreed and paid them $1200. I took the car the same day and when I drove the car there was a noise coming out of the engine. I took the car back to them and explained to them that after the work they did my car making noise from the engine. They took the car from me to work on it However, while their technician is working on the car MY ENGINE BLOW UP. They haven't even give me a rental and they keep telling me that they did not do anything wrong.

Thanks for your time to read this.

Regards,
my phone number [protected]

• Su
    Susan Tosh May 08, 2008

This dealership has displayed irresponsible and absoulutely unethical buisness practices toward myself and family members. We went in to purchase a new 08' Scion Xb on 4/9/08. We tagreed to trade our 06' Dodge Grand Caravan in, and put a $335.00 dpwm payment toward the purchase of the Scion. We signed all paperwork and drove the Scion off the lot that evening. It wasn't until 3 weeks later that we started to receive collection calls form Chrysler Financial on our old Dodge Caravan stating that our monthly payment was never made. We informed Chrysler that we were no longer in posession of the vehicle and had traded it in. They infomed us that "It didn't matter, we were still responsible for the payment until they received pay-off from the dealership." I went into Dub Richardson on my lunch break on 4/30/08 and spoke to Kirk the salesperson, who to told me not to worry. Payment on our vehicle was being processed and that it can sometimes take up to 20 days to process pay-off. He assured me that all was taken care of. I figured that I would give it a few days before becoming worried. We continued to receive collection calls every day (through the weekend) from Chrysler and so my husband went back in to Dub Richardson in person on and spoke with Nick (financing) on 5/6/08. He explained that we were still receiving phone calls from Chrysler. Nick looked up some information on his computer and told my husband. "This was all taken care of and payoff has been made...if Chrysler continues to call you have them call this number *handed my husband a phone number* to verify that we have processed their payment. My husband then called Chrysler back and gave them the phone number to call. The next day we received 2 urgent messages on our answering machine from a representative of Chrysler stating that our credit was going to be tarnished due to non payment of the vehicle and that immediate payment was needed to avoid tarnishment. For a third time my husband contacted Dub Richardson and this time spoke to Eric. Eric looked up our agreement in his computer and told my husband "I'm sorry but Nick lied to you...he's a new guy and doesn't really know what he's talking about. Payoff was never made and your loan never went through. The bank denied the loan. " My husband demanded to speak to the higher up manager Tom and in supposedly being transferred was hung up on. My husband called back and spoke to Tom who admitted that his sales people gave us completely incorrect information and not only that, but that they should have contacted us on April 18th to let us know that the loan was denied. Had they notified us on April 18th, we would have only had the vehicle for 8 days, which is within the 15 days we are allowed to have the car (while loans are being processed) according to the Spot Delivery Agreement. We were not informed by the dealership whatsoever that our deal had fallen through until 28 days later when WE the consumer, initiated the multiple calls to them. How long would this have drug on before they notified us?? Now there is nearly 1, 600 miles on the vehicl vs the 67 miles it had on it upon purchase. The general manager Tom is now telling us that if we wish to keep the vehicle that we need to come up with an additional $3, 000.00 down payment or return the vehicl immediately and they will give us our Dodge Grand Caravan back. Well, I don't want the Caravan back. I hated the thing, that is why I got rid of it. My family has become attached to the Scion and I just dread the thought of returning it, but what choice to I have. I have filed complaints with about every company (including the Better Business Bureau) that I can think of. To top it all off, our down payment that we agreed to pay ($335.00) was not included on the loan that we signed. It should have been listed under Line-2.g (or h..i forget). But where it says down payment.. the line states $0. They never deducted that off of the cost of the loan. I even have a receipt from the dealership that I paid it. I would not recommend doing business with this dealership. We were treated horribly and I would never want anyone to have to go through this.

deceptive techniques used

Some car dealers use them to screen and train salesman.The techniques used are deceptive, both in the hiring, training and sales techniques. They tell you come to class $400 wk pay plus commissions. After all day in class she announces that we the employees pay for the training.I will never buy a vehicle at a dealership that uses these con techniques to sell cars.

toyota president condones defaming italian americans

While at Halterman Toyota Dealer in East Stroudsburg, PA, I was concluding the sales transaction and to finalize it I had to go to my car for the title.

Walking to the car, a "gentleman", who I found out to be a Toyota Dealer Executive was standing with two Halterman employees. I overheard several derogatory remarks directed toward Italians. I stood there and continued to listen to the multitude of defamatory remarks.

I proceeded to ask him why he disliked Italian-Americans. He replied that he likes Italians. I asked him why he was making such outrageous remarks. He replied that he was telling a joke. He later said that he was speaking of a co-worker.

I wrote to the President of Toyota, Fujio Cho three times asking for an apology. He never replied. My state representative Mario Scavello also wrote to him requesting an apology on behalf of Toyota.

The only response I received from Toyota was from a young lady who called me to inquire about my letters. She initially said that Toyota had ho record of my letters until I reminded her that my letters were sent certified mail. She offered a luke-warm, obligatory apology.

I only wanted an apology from the President of Toyota, after all, the buck stops with him.

I went to a lawyer to file a defamation suit on behalf of Italian Americans. All proceeds were going to be donated to the SPCA'S in the areas. But, it would have cost me over $7, 000. for legal fees, depositions etc. and I don't have that kind of cash.

I also wrote to the Toyota Anti-Discrimination Committee, which is a corporate group to act as a watchdog for discrimination within Toyota. They never replied.

So if you are Italian-American looking to purchase a Toyota vehicle, ask the manager at the dealer what Toyota's position is about defaming Italian-Americans.

horrible service!

My buying process was wonderful, go figure. This is only because I did my research online before walking in...

not satisfied with toyota highlander service. oxygen sensor was damaged

I am not satisfied with the 45000 mile service with Wilde Toyota located at West Aiils WI.

After my car service at 45000 miles, the Engine Light was on with SVC lit up on the Front Panel.I had to drive back to the Wilde Toyota Dealer immediately after I drove out of the Toyota service door .

As per Service Manager at Wilde Toyota ,my Oxygen Sensor got damaged and that is the reason for the Engine and SVC indicators lit on.I had to order the part for couple of hundred bucks and labor is on Toyota.

But still ..Why would I pay for the part which is totally Toyota's fault.I never had such a problem before until this incident and my Highlander was running good.I think Oxygen Sensor was damaged at the Toyota Service Point today.

chris Mar 03, 2008

I had that happen also, but my car was a Honda and the repair guy said it was coincidence. The light went on immediately after an oil change. Being as I dont know what gets bumped in a service, I didnt dispute anything, but after an $800 tune up at the same place, I think I'm done.

shady business practices

On Jan 27 we asked for the price of a 2008 Toyota with our 2002 Toyota as a tradein. We were very clear with...

false fuel economy information

Posted fuel Economy Information on vehicle does not even come close to millage Posted. 60 mpg city, 51mpg Highway. Highest ever had was 48 avg first few weeks, then drop to 46 to 44age after.In Nov 2007 drop to 38avg and then has (drop to 34avg.) Dealership say it is performing to OEM SPECS, Claims they can not find any problems.This Auto only has 6517 mile on it.

As far as I am concern this is fraud by deception. I brought this Toyota PRIUS because of the fuel Economy. I knew to expect probably 5 miles avg less than what they post on the window of the car. I never dream in a thousand years that the Acture millage would drop to a avg of 15 miles below the lower end of the posted avg.

• Bo
    Bob May 01, 2008

We just bought a 2008 Prius and it was advertised at 48 City, 44 highway. It's about as advertised so far.

• Ro
    rob May 22, 2008

Toyota does not decide what MPG goes on the window sticker. Its determined and mandated by the EPA.

• Ta
    takenadvantageof Jun 17, 2009

you r SOL with this dealership. Your problem started when you bought the car from them! I have delt with them once on a job that cost me $7, 000. Service manager was the worst! Never deal with these people...it starts from the salesman to the general manager.

terrible design!

I had happily owned an '02 Solara from Toyota, bought new, until I was pummeled by a truck running a...

over charging

Over changing!, my wife and I purchase a vehicle from keith pierson toyota on 12/17/07. the sale personal...

questionable sales practices!

I cannot prove that the Vandergriff Sales Department did something illegal, but sales Management would not show us the document that showed the MSRP of the vehicle which was used for our negotiation. Their refusal to show us the document, insistence that a "deal is a deal" and attitude that it is too bad that we didn't catch them convinced us that they didn't just make an honest error in the cost of the Toyota but may have done it intentionally.

Since we didn't catch the issue until after the sale, the issue is our fault for not being more careful, but they were very good at distracting us from getting a copy of the MSRP information.

We bought our first auto from the company in 1990 when Tom Vandergriff still ran the company and they were honest and dependable. But today, you need to be very careful. Avoid their slick tactics or hold tightly onto your wallet if dealing with a Vandergriff Dealership in Arlington, Texas.

• Mo
    mo Nov 19, 2007

I totally agree I would avoid this dealership, they're very dishonest and would do anything to sell you a car that was different than they promised. Highly avoid them... pretty bad experience...

• Al
    alex Nov 19, 2007

Worst Dealers in the metroplex... they're all sales people are dishonest and very shrewd, but be 100% alert they're not straight.

• Ha
    hardball Nov 05, 2008

Well...you can throw in the dealership in Hurst, Texas as well. (Frreman)

Was told during the financial process that GAP insurance was included in the contract but at no cost. We were asked if we wanted it and denied all additional warranties and insurance policies. To our surprise the GAP was added on to the contract price! This was discovered after we got home and looked over the numbers. We took the financial person at his word. Our bad.

• Lu
    Lujan Feb 11, 2009

I purchased a 07 tundra last sept went through hell with them. They sent my trade to the auction before a deal was done and when they finally got my trade back from the auction it was all torn up. I was told to file a claim with my insurance to repair the damages they werent going to fix it. I have to agree that Vandergriff has the worst customer service ive ever seen. Nothing but issues with them.

• Cr
    crystal_brown Dec 23, 2010

Very similar experience. Glad you posted your story.

John Espinoza Dec 07, 2013

I bought a 2006 Tundra, financed through WFS Financial, bought buy Wachovia, Bought buy Wells Fargo, i need a copy of the contract
    Vandergriff was using then, mine was lost during moving, they have me in court, need a copy you can mark your name out, i just need a copy of the type writing of the agreement, if you could please mail it to P.O. Box 10943 River Oaks, Texas 76114, Thanks

fake internet lottery

Please read the below mail which I got from

"toyota lottery sweepstakes <[protected]@cox.net>jean carter"

date: fri, 5 oct 2007 13:40:48 -0400 printer friendly version
from: toyota lottery sweepstakes <[protected]@cox.net>

subject: you have won!!! (one million pounds sterling) and a car (2007 toyota camery)
language mail full headers

Toyota lottery sweepstakes,
Po box 42 peterborough
Pe3 8xh

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of 1,000,000,00
(one million pounds sterling) and a car (2007 toyota camery) for
the 2007 october prize promotion which is organized by the free lotto
sweepstakes.

The free lotto sweepstakes! collects all the email addresses of the
People that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to
Yahoo and hotmail and few from other e-mail providers. six people
Are selected monthly to benefit from this promotion and you are
One of the selected winners.

Batch number: ypa/07-43658

saikrishna Oct 22, 2007

Is this all true!

• Da
    david Oct 24, 2007

YOU HAVE WON!!!(one million pounds sterling) and a car ( 2007 TOYOTAL CAMRY )
    From: TOYOTA LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKES ([email protected])
    You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
    Sent:Fri 10/19/07 10:56 AM
    Reply-to:[email protected]

To:

TOYOTA LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKES,PO Box 42 Peterborough PE3 8XH This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of 1,000,000,00(one million pounds sterling) and a car ( 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY ) for the 2007 October Prize Promotion which is Organized by The Free Lotto Sweepstakes. The Free Lotto Sweepstakes! collects all the email addresses of thepeople that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo and Hotmail and few from other e-mail providers. Six people are selected monthly to benefit from this promotion and you areone of the Selected Winners. BATCH NUMBER: YPA/07-43658REFERENCE NUMBER: 2007234522PIN: 1206 Congratulations!! once again. Yours in service,JEAN CARTER

Jay Jun 14, 2008

TOYOTA CASH/CAR PROMO 2008

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of 600, 000.00. (Six
    Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and a brand new( 2008 TOYOTA CAMRY)
    for the New Year Prize Promotion which is Organized by The Free Lotto
    Sweepstakes.

The Free Lotto Sweepstakes! collects all the email addresses of the people
    that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo and
    Hotmail and few from other e-mail providers. Six people are selected monthly
    to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.

Secret pin code TY7448500

• Sh
    shannon Jul 30, 2008

Received today!

TOYOTA CASH/CAR PROMO 2008

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of 600, 000.00. (Six Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and a brand new( 2008 TOYOTA CAMRY) for the New Year Prize Promotion which is Organized by The Free Lotto Sweepstakes.

The Free Lotto Sweepstakes! collects all the email addresses of the people that are active online, among the millions that ubscribed to Yahoo and Hotmail and few from other e-mail providers. Six people are selected monthly to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact your Claims Officer through our accredited Prize Transfer agents as stated below:

MR James Cole
    E-mails :[email protected]
    Phone:+44 703 190 9081 or +44 703 190 3313

When contacting him, please provide him with your secret Pin Code TY7448500 and your Reference Number 799BV90. You are also advised to provide him with the under-listed information as soon as possible:

CLAIMS REQURIEMENTS:
    5. Sex:
    6. Occupation:
    7. Phone/Fax:
    8. Present Country:

If you DO NOT contact your claims agent within 7 working days of this notification, your winnings would be REVOKED.

IMPORTANT: Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid Fraudulent claim pending the completion of the transfer/claim by Winner.

fake mail on toyota end of year promotion for the year 2007!

I am in receipt of following fake mail in toyota end of year promotion for the year 2007. they have even mentioned their contact numbers.

Toyota motor co-operation online promotion 2007.

Established on 28 august 1937.

congratulations, your email has just been confirmed as a winner in our "end of year promotion for the year 2007". you have won the total sum of £795,000gbp (seven hundred and ninety five thousand great britain pounds) and also brand new 2007 toyota camry se. your email was amongst the emails randomly selected from a list of 200,000 addresses from all over the world (no ticket sold). you are to fill the winning verification form and contact our claims processing officer via this email beneath.

Claims processing agent
Mr. hudson witherspoon.
E-mail: [protected]@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: +[protected]
Verification form
1. full name:...2. contact address:...
3. age:... sex:...
4. marital status:...
5. occupation:...
6. telephone number:...
7. country:...
Yours faithfully,
Mrs. julia woods.
Online co-ordinator

I advise everyone to beware of this scam!

• Va
    Vandna Johnson Oct 17, 2007

I dont understand that why they send this type mail to anybody thus they dont have fear of God. I pray to God that he will punished to them hardly.

I am also going to sand them a Legal Notice from Indian High Court also.

Vandna Johnson.

• Ar
    ARUNKUMAR Oct 22, 2007

I also received a mail like that same was mentioned the mail.These kind of criminals should be punished by their government.

• Am
    AMOL ASHOK SADAVARTE Oct 29, 2007

I HAVE RECEIVED ABOVE MAIL. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME TO FIND WHETHER IS IT TRUE OR FAKE?

• Pr
    Prashant Kumar Oct 29, 2007

I also got same mail from same person. Is that true things or just fake. Can anybody help me out?

• Un
    Undrakh Ganbaatar Nov 01, 2007

VERIFICATION FORM
    1.Full Name:Undrakh Ganbaatar
    2.Contact Address: Choidog street-2, PO-40, Box 115 Ulaanbaatar-210715 Mongolia,
    3.Age: 29. Sex: Male
    4.Marital Status: Married
    5.Occupation: Economist
    6.Tel ephone Number:0976-9965-3612
    7.Country: Mongolia

NORAZLINA OTHMAN Nov 02, 2007

I agree with the others about the fake e-mail from UK, what is their bad intention? Do they gain anything by sending the false proclamation? Bright ideas anyone...

• Ho
    hosam Nov 09, 2007

It is fake! Take care!

no refund on extended warranty received!

I purchases a New 2006 Toyota Sienna form Star Toyota on Sept 1st, 2007. The dealer offer me 7.10 % for 60 months note. However, if I purchase extended warranty on this vehicle, the rate dropped to 5.84 %. I have been talking to the dealer since (2) weeks to cancel the extended warranty. And refund me the amount. ($1500.00) plus interest. No response from the dealer yet.

I appreciated your co-operation in this matter

Farooq.

• Ga
    Gary DeLong Nov 10, 2007

I turned in a 2006 Toyota 4-Runner and also the extended warranty for monies back to me. I turned in the appropriate documentation to the Heartland Toyota Dealership in Bremerton Wa in August 07, this is November 07 and no resolution. I have called numerous times, they say, "we'll look into it and get back to you". But the "get back to you never happens". Why am I being discarded? I surely wasn't discarded when I went to the dealership to purchase a brand new 4 runner limited.

This is BS for the consumer.

Mr DeLong.

• Ji
    Jim Donaldson Aug 09, 2008

Yes, purchasing an automobile with cash, is their motivation...but once you purchase the automobile, it's like "who are you"...what do you want"... Understand...

scam lottery!

Beware - this is scam! Express courier ltd Head office: link house, 1c church street, whitchurch Hant...

false lottery email

I have received a mail from kelvin perkins that I have won a toyota car & cash prize of 250000.00 pound...

scam mail!

Toyota automobiles lottery Toyota auto-mobiles headquaters, 19 ul, Essex, pe9 2yp, london United...

online lottery scam

Beware! this is scam!

Sent from [protected]@mchsi.com

Toyota car promotions
Haandvaerkervej 8,1 uk-9000 aalborg
Cvr-nr. [protected].

No tickets were sold!!!

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of £600,000.00 gbp and a brand new toyota car (toyota prius) in our international program which was held in september, 2007 in london uk.

contact your claims officer:

Mr. thomas maxwell
25 atlantic avenue erlanger
He5 8wd, london,
United kingdom
Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

When contacting him, please provide him with your secret pin code ty7448500 and your reference number 799bv90. you are also advised to provide him with the under-listed information as soon as possible:

Claims requirements:
5. sex:
6. occupation:
7. phone/fax:
8. present country:

If you do not contact your claims agent within 7 working days of this notification, your winnings would be revoked.

Regards
Mrs. alice fisher.
Lottery manager

fake winnings!

I received a mail from [protected]@cox.net informing me that i have won 600,000 GBP and a brand new toyota prius and i suspect it is a scam. Its said to be from toyota car promotions department.

Scam for sure!

• La
    Lalita Baliga Feb 28, 2008

I too have revcieved a similar mail from [email protected],
    [email protected] about a smilar "This is to inform you that have been selected for a Cash prize of
    600,000.00.(Six Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds)in the International
    programs held 2008 in London Uk.

You can view our website to view your car
    (http://www.toyota.com/prius)"
    100% SURE its a scam !!!

• Pr
    Private Aug 26, 2008

Your Email I.D Has Won The 2008 Toyota Promotion!!!Monday, August 25, 2008 1:50 PM
    From: "Toyota Car Promotion Dept." <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts To: undisclosed-recipients
    TOYOTA CAR PROMOTION DEPARTMENT
    TOYOTA MOTOR SALES, UNITED KINGDOM, INC.
    2 LANSDOWNE ROW, BERKELEY SQUARE
    LONDON, W1J 6H, UNITED KINGDOM

Dear Lottery Winner,

YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS WON THE 2008 TOYOTA PRIZE AWARD

This is to inform you that have been selected for a cash prize of
    £600, 000.00 (Six Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds)and a brand
    new toyota car (Toyota camry) International programs held 2008 in the
    London Uk as our car sales promotion.

You can view our website to view your car
    (www.toyota.com/camry/index.html)

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
    computerized email selection system from a database of over
    250, 000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world.
    This Toyota car Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and
    also Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming
    Regulators(IAGR).This promotional car lottery is the tenth of its kind
    and we intend to sensitize the public.

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our accredited
    Prize Transfer Agent as stated below:

MR.ROBERT MOON
    TOYOTA CAR PROMOTION DEPARTMENT
    2 LANSDOWNE ROW, BERKELEY SQUARE
    LONDON, W1J 6H, UNITED KINGDOM
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone Number: +44703-190-8701

When contacting him, please provide him with your secret pin
    TY7448500 and your reference number 799BV90.You are also advised
    to provide him with the under listed information as soon as possible:

CLAIMS REQURIEMENTS:
    8.Present Country

GET IN TOUCH WITH THE CLAIMS OFFICER THROUGH HIS PRIVATE
    EMAIL: [email protected]

If you do not contact the claimsagent within 5 working days of this
    notification, your winnings would be revoked. Winners are advised to
    keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid
    fraudulent claim(IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner.

Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Regards,
    Mrs. Amaranth Wilson
    Lottery Manager.

• Fi
    firas Nov 24, 2008

ersdfdgggggggghhhhhhvcxdrhnmgcghgh

• Fi
    firas Nov 24, 2008

hi how ru all ### u all sons of bithc

dont buy toyota even in your dreams!

Dear Friends, I have a very bad experience with TOYOTA KRUNGTEP YONT and the TOYOTA MOTORS THEMSELF.

The experience of this is torturous and I would like to suggest you all to be careful when you buy your next car and in any case avoid this brand because you will be buying thousands of problem with it. Please read the attachment and also note that even TOYOTA MOTOR JAPAN the mother company also refused to take up the case as we had send them the complaint letter by registered post and we have acknowledgment from them. SO YOU CAN VERY WELL IMAGINE THE KIND OF SERVICE YOU WILL GET.

poor service!

Approximately one month ago I went to Toyota Collision Center of Escondido located at 559 South Pine Street Escondido, CA 92025, they needed to fix small bump on my almost new Toyota Camry. Insurance agreed on the price and Toyota agreed to repair it, so I got quick estimate that job will be done in between one and two weeks (verbally and in writing). That was acceptable especially with low rate car rental that Toyota had at that time. Six days later I decided to call them to see if I may be lucky with only one week of waiting. On my huge surprise assistant told me that they did not even start working on my car and the reason was that... apparently they were unable to contact anyone at my insurance company (21 Century). I called insurance company immediately, and representative told me that no one ever called and he offer to transfer repair check immediately wherever I like to... and it did happen that way. That all telling me that no one for real contacted anyone, or if they did it was not completely and professionally finished business, Toyota people was lying.

Another proof is, why they did not call me telling me that something was going on”. Looks like Toyota office people including manager is more concerned about playing PC games and browsing web, at list that what I saw in few short visits to the office. After sending one complain email and talking to manager I sensed just a another bureaucrat, who likes to iron everything up by being “politically correct” also he kind of “complained” to me that my complain email went to his manager (??????) and he arrogantly agree that he is still going to fix my car making the situation psychologically, on how good guy he was and how bad I am, not to mention that he arrogantly added “we still need to order parts for your car which will take another few days” Interesting how some people just disrespect your money, and they turn everything in to the big favor they giving to you, there were nothing about me paying for something that Toyota was excepted to do, it was more like Toyota is giving me the biggest favor ever. Stupidity arrogance and some misrepresentation of corporate power and big company name beside were unacceptable. NO ONE HAVE RIGHT TO HOLD MY CAR FOR 10 DAYS, THEN DO NOTHING AND MAKE ME TO PAY CAR RENTAL FOR ITS OWN STUPIDITY AND LAZINESS. Considering that manager was totally out of reality with extremely low IQ to reason on the same level, I complained several times by email and left voice mails to general manager. No one ever responded, then I complained to BBB San Diego case # [protected]. Toyota finally responded with again very arrogant and unprofessional statement. Beside regular story they also added, that I did not have an appointment (you see how guilty I am) I just walked in??? Then as they claim, specific person in 21st century never responded (to the royalty of Toyota), also they stated that I am not welcome any more in Toyota Collision Center / Escondido, It appears to me that they do not like foreigners who have brains to think and process basic information, typically and generally we foreigners should be stupid and let Toyota management manipulate us in any way, NOT THIS TIME TOYOTA. Let me ask you something... Does anyone think that I will go back to them to give me another TOYOTA favor? Hopefully this complains will help honest working people to make proper decision about where to repair they car. I was not intimidated by Toyota management and I won my case, they pay for my car rental, at list part of it... NEVER AGAIN TOYOTA COLLISION CENTER OF ESCONDIDO.

I fought for Toyota to pay my car rental, the damages are more moral, Toyota Collision Center of Escondido having a prejudicial problem, of not being able to accept that "dumb" foreigner arguing for its rights, so looks like I hurt someone’s fillings...

john s Jun 14, 2008

It sounds to me like you do not understand the complexity of having abutbody repairs done to your vehicle, and approached the situation defensively minded because of that fact that you feel not-accepted
    because you are forigen...
    1. if your insurance company is paying for the repairs they have to view and appraise the vehicle damages before the repairs can begin...

just because you got an estimate from the facility and dropped off the vehicle to have the repairs done does not mean they can repair the vehicle unless you are willing to pay the cost of the repairs especially if uppon dissasembly requires addtional parts or labor which increases the cost of the repairs, which when you sign the repair order, YOU are responsible for.
    in simple terms, if this occurs and the insurance isnt notified and does not approve the additional items, you have to pay for it.
    If anything, they were protecting your interests and exposure in an event
    that the insurance company did not authorize or agree with the ammount of the repairs.

2. as a person with a self-proclaimed high IQ, you should understand that any service based bussiness does not make any money untill the services are rendered.

with that being said, what is the benafit to the facility of your vehicle sitting there and not being worked on,
    it cost them much more expense and inconvience then the 20 or 30 dollars a day you are spending on your rental car.
    moving the car. storing the car,
    not to mention the fact that the battery might die from not being driven ona a daily basis,
    which you will blame them for, even tho its in no way, shape or form their fault.

3. it looks like they followed protocol, and upon your lack of understanding of the situation, made every attempt in a profesional manner to explain the situation, and expedite the process, which in return you took for arogance.

can you really blame them for asking you not to come back?
    how would you feel if someone with no comprehension for what you do or what it takes to do your job, complained to your boss that you werent doing your job?
    i as a buissness person would decline to deal with too.

4.please have a general undertanding of the english language, reading, writing, and conjugating your sentences before you go proclaiming to
    'have brains to think and process basic information'
    and make absurd post on the internet degrading people whos jobs it is to provide you with a service.

your lack of understanding and reasoning was the direct cause of this situation.

Jon A. Jan 07, 2009

My view is the same as what John S. wrote about Mr. Pasic. The customer has other issues and does not understand. He refused to be edjucated! It appears that Mr. Pasic may always have issues. Poor guy!

• Jh
    J. Hamano May 28, 2009

Actually I agree with Jacks comments; Toyota Collision Center of Escondido is horrible place, with very disrespectful and arrogant employees. You should understand the meaning of your own language before you post comments explaining how something should be, and not accept how it is. With all do respect I do not think that your explanation have anything to do with subject of Jacks complain. Looks like very personal comment... It is not important that he speak with accent. Jack was brave in off to post this comment and warn other people about problem that my family also experienced with same company. Even if my insurance with out any doubt approved installation of new parts (We checked many times). Toyota installed “after market used parts” in my car. Explanation was that in time of this economy I should be happy that my car is fixed with any parts. And they hold my car for 15 days.
    Jon A. and John S. You are obviously associated with Toyota in some way and you are protecting Toyotas interests by creating untrue prejudicial statements. Shame on you!

• Re
    RealityBites May 29, 2009

John S..and JonA... Seems to me you are completely clueless as to how a business is run. Maybe just clueless in general.
    Obviously you are trash trolls with a poor grasp of both the English language and rational thought
    Don't correct peoples spelling when you are equally clueless as to the nuances of the English language.

The job was approved by the insurance company. $Money$
    You get the money after you do the work... DUH! These ###s kept the car for 6 days and then pull their head out of their nether region and say "Oh we need to order parts" well duh, why didn't you order them six days ago???? Answer: because they are incompetent.. Simple answer.

This has nothing to do with race or nationality it has to do with an incompetent business unable to perform promised services.

Malcolm2 Sep 03, 2011

If you care about your car then Collision Repairs Require Patience!

I recently had my 2008 Camry Hybrid Dark Blue repaired after an accident - The Toyota Escondido Collission Center did an outstanding job - I could not be happier. Great technicians with no compromise on repair quality, wonderful paint and paint work, use of all the right parts and fasteners tied to my car's J VIN number. What a wonderful facility as far as doing the job right! Great Technicians, office staff and a wonderful Manager that makes it all happen!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices