Toshiba Laptopdishonest serivce in thailand

B

We had purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop (Intel - Core i5) during the end of December 2012, within the next 6 months our laptop which was used only for home purposes suddenly crashed.
We took the laptop to the authorized service station to enquire about the problem and we were informed that the hard-drive has crashed.

The service center agreed to replace the damaged hard-drive since it was covered under warranty with a new Hard disk. We struggled with the new hard drive since the system had become slower than before, since we use it only to check emails we didnt bother much on performance.

Recently the laptop seemed to progressing towards another hard drive crash - hence we started to back up our data on desktop and my documents as soon as possible. This is when we realized that there were numerous pictures of someone else stored in one of the drives via a samsung device. No one in our household has a samsung device since most of our products are either from Apple or from Canon. When we checked further we realized that the pictures were originally stored in the hard disk prior to replacement.

This is when we realized that the Toshiba Authorized Service center in Bangkok - Thailand had replaced our damaged original hard drive with a second hand hard drive. They were supposed to issue and fix a new hard drive but instead they thought it wise to give the customer a second hand hard drive and claim it under warranty.

We decided to make a compliant and called the Toshiba Service Center in Siam Paragon on +66 [protected] (telephone) we were informed that the serial number of our laptop didn't match the service records stated by us. Instead they had a service record listed for a dvd drive change from a Toshiba shop and nothing recorded for a hard drive change with their Toshiba service center in Bangkok.

This is a horrendous and outrageous experience since we bought the laptop from a authorized dealer, serviced with the Toshiba Service Center and even then we got cheated and scammed by Toshiba's own employees. Now we are not sure what else was changed from our laptop and are keen to get answers from the Toshiba Management team.

I am going to write a mail and also call the Toshiba Care center in Singapore to see if they can assist in any way, this is the worst experience of my life and I feel like the biggest idiot who got conned/scammed by the company that sold me the product in the first place.

• La
    larrytacoma6 Sep 19, 2008

when i am in the middle of a game it either freezes or boots me out and i am tired of it & wonder why it is happening ty

• To
    TOSHIBA TERRORIZED Jun 21, 2009

I BOUGHT A TOSHIBA LAPTOP FROM BEST BUY A FEW YEARS AGO...IT BROKE. THEY FIXED IT GREAT...THEN THE PLUG IN BROKE SO I HAD TO PAY FOR A NEW ONE...ONE DAY I AM USING MY LAPTOP AND THE PLUG SHORTS OUT SPARKS AND STARTS SMOKING...THE LAPTOP IS OKAY I THINK, I HAVE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY TO REPLACE A NEW WIRE...WHO SHOULD I SPEAK TO ABOUT THIS?

• Tj
    tjk35 Jun 21, 2009

count your losses and get a different brand of computer.
    since all computers are clones, get an off -brand with all the bells and whistles you need.

a good brand is ACER, economical, cam web, wiressless access, dvd burner, 3 usb jacks, dvd/cd/rom player and slot for broadband ------ $359. i paid for blue light special @ walmart and bought my boyfriend one also.
    this was back in 2007 and still works like a charm.

moral. ... sometimes off brands are better.

happy father's dad, if you are a dude!

sanjay arora Jan 04, 2010

i have purchased a laptop model satellite l510recomnded by newspaper daily ad after register with toshiba no reply was made even i repeatly mail them i am amazing to see a well established company can do this type of mistake my email id is [protected]@gmail.com

• Im
    imran khalid Sep 13, 2010

My new toshiba laptop mcafee is not activating i tried many times but then also it shows unseccesfully activate please tel me what should i do now, my laptop has several viruses i hav to clean all of it do tel me how should i activate my mcafee internet security.

Saggi Oct 05, 2010

They r so good to sale but afterward service is terrible. Phoned them twice, each time holding of 20 mins still had to hang the phone. Third time managed to hold them but looks don't have sense of customer service. Get away from them.

• Si
    singledad101 Oct 30, 2010

Does this look like a tech support site?

Char Jun 10, 2011

Bought top of line laptop august 2007, 17" screen..Cables between the computer and screen are comming loose!!! Screen cannot be read and the buttons are falling off!!! Piece of junk...

• Gn
    GNANESWR Jan 05, 2013

My laptop is switch off automatically i given my laptop for servicing 3 months back still problem is not resolved and they are not replacing new laptop,

This is the bad service i even seen.

• Co
    Complainant2334 Oct 25, 2014

i strongly believe that many (most?!) of the good sold in Thailand are fake.
    About the serial number... I bought a mobile from MBK once. Something wasn't working and I contacted the support line. Can't remember the brand now. Anyway, not important. They asked me for the imei number and after I emailed it to them they said that they cannot help me because - pay attention - that phone was sold and bought in Argentina.
    I tried to explain that it was fromThailand, where I was also living, but they knew their story and didn't care much about it. So I guess it was a copy, a good copy but still a copy, with a fake imei code just like your serial number.