TLG Greatfuncredit card fraud

J

I googled and Wikipedia had this to say about this company. It went by a different name but this is the same one.
"Numerous issues with this company have been reported. According to the Better Business Bureau, hundreds of issues have been reported by consumers for deceptive selling practices, unauthorized charges to consumers' credit cards, and failure to respond or resolve issues. Many of these complaints stem from the charges individuals found on their credit card statements. Consumers are told that it takes 28 days for a charge to be canceled or credited back, and even employees of the credit card company are not able to dispute these charges in the same manner any other charge would be handled. In fact, a completely different process is required, as per the creditors contracts with Affinion Group. This process is designed to give Affinion group as many chances to "save the sale" as possible. Where any normal unauthorized charge can be disputed and resolved within a month as a matter of law, charges from these merchants are often not resolved for several months on end.[5]

On March 7, 2005, the company made a Settlement Agreement with the Office of the Attorney General of Florida. Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Chapter 501, Part II, Florida Statutes.[6]

In July, 2005, the Attorney's General of Connecticut, California, and Maine brought a lawsuit against TLG/Affinion for allegedly deceiving consumers into enrolling in its clubs.[7] [8]

In December, 2006, Trilegiant/Affinion agreed to pay over $8 million dollars to 17 states and their residents to settle allegations they tricked residents into paying for its programs.[9]"

Check it out for yourself.
By the time these guys take a little here and a little there from unsuspecting, hardworking, honest citizens, they have amassed millions! Maybe it's time this was addressed on a Federal level and not just by each state. I would certainly be glad to take part in a class action against them for punitive damages! This might put an end to their thievery!

Ann Louise Hall Oct 09, 2007

I was charged 9.95 from this company without explanation and it appeared on my bank statement in September 2007.

Beware people!

• Ax
    Axel G a Nov 18, 2007

I was charged $190.00 from this company without explanation and it appeared on my credit statement in November 16 2007.

• Lv
    L vu Nov 29, 2007

I am also charged 12.99 from TGL while I did not use it!! It is shown on the statement on 10/22/07.

• Wo
    Won Hee Kim Nov 29, 2007

I was charged $12.99 from TGL without explanation and it appeared on my credit statement in November 28 2007.

• Is
    Is Johnson Nov 29, 2007

This TLG Great fun company have been charging us for the las ten months. We just realize it. We do not know anything about this charge, why or what for is this company!

I am amazed how many people is in the same situation they are PRO thieves!

What should we do?

• Cv
    C. Vigil Dec 03, 2007

TLG Great Fun has been charging me 9.99 a month for products I have never seen. I canceled last month and this month I got a charge of 9.99 from them. I called and they said they will credit me for the charge. We will see.

• Ke
    Kevin D Osborn Mar 16, 2008

They have billed my credit card 9.99 for 10mos i don't know who the are... i have not noticed they are a scam!

• Am
    amelia Apr 09, 2008

The charge on my credit card came after purchasing tickets on Fandango. Fandango and TLG Greatfun are the same company or Fandango shares credit card information with them. Shame shame!!!

gerry Apr 20, 2008

I was charge 7 months in a row i try calling but can't reach phone nunbers.I've never seen there product.pls help me? TLG who are YOU?

• Ka
    KATHY MCMURRER Aug 09, 2008

GREAT FUNN KEEPS TAKEING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY AUTH I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE PLEASE HELP STOP THIS ANR LET ME KNOW HOW THANKS KATHY

• Ka
    KATHY MCMURRER Aug 09, 2008

they keep taking money from my account i called and told them to stop but it didnt do any good i dont even know what they do please help

• Ba
    BARBARA PRICE Aug 23, 2008

I HAVE HAD 3 WITHDRAWALS FROM MY CHECKING ACT. NOW FROM THIS CO. AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO THEY ARE.I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEM TO WITHDRAW FROM MY ACT.I AM CONTACTING MY ATTORNEY MON. AS EVERYTIME I TYR CALLING THEM THEY ARE CLOSED.

• Ap
    April Wilson Sep 08, 2008

Can anyone tell me how to stop this? They have been debiting my account for months now and I cannot get it to stop. Help?

Geralyn Tedesco Sep 12, 2008

They have billed my credit card as well. $11.99 for the last 3 months. How do I get them to stop?

Geralyn Tedesco Sep 13, 2008

I have filed a complaint with the Fedral Trade Commission. I told them about the various sites with similar complaints. If more than one person registers a complaint with the FTC, maybe they will see a pattern and be able to do something. I will continue to monitor the activity until this is taken off our accounts, and stopped.

• Ew
    ewolfgang Jan 03, 2009

I have had two deductions of $11.00 each on my mastercard for this company. I have not been able to reach them at the number [protected] and wondered how someone else handled this problem...Help???!!!

• De
    Dee Groth Jan 15, 2009

I was charger 11.99 on my bank accout. I dont know waht it is for and why it was charge. Is it be taken care of. I can.t find a phone number. Dee

• Te
    Terri Apr 17, 2009

my credit card company is sending me paperwork to file fraud charges against them

• Te
    Terri Apr 17, 2009

try [protected] I got them and "Jim" was so friendly till I did my rant and rave thing

• Co
    Complaining May 13, 2009

continuing unauthorized credit card charges of 11.99

• Dk
    dkserenity Jul 14, 2009

I just noticed $11.99 has been being charged to my account since May. another in June .. and one pending right now July 14, 2009. I called my bank and they said to call the [protected]# noted on the transaction to have the charges disputed. That is what I am on hold for right now it is 12:08pm EST and Ihave been on hold for alsmost 5 minutes already. Once I get through .. I plan to dispute and get my funds refunD. Okay I just got through and they are asking me a bunch of questions like my address & stuff.. I am holding for a supervisor!..Okay I just got off the phone and they are going to credit me $83.93 7transactions for $11.99. They gave me a confirmation number and the supervisors name and ID #. They said it would take 48 hours to process and 7-10 business days to refund the money!! Wow I don't understand as quick as they take it why can't they quickly give it back!!! FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!

• We as well found a charge of 12.99 on our credit card I am mad because my husband and I dont know where or what the charges are for. We dont have free money to throw around to a company that dont even exist!!! I work hard for my money and dont like someone stealing from me!!!

• Bi
    bill n hals Feb 12, 2010

i noted a charge for 11.99 and did noy know what it was for. a call to them stated that i was a priviledge user of great fun and had signed on through priceline - i did not sign on with then with or with out priceline and they owe me 7 months woerth of money

• El
    elizabettys Dec 08, 2010

TAKE ACTION. CLASS ACTION INFORMATION HERE:

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: [protected], or toll free [protected]

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
    IdentitySecure,
    CardCops,
    PC SafetyPlus,
    and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL [protected] CT."

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

• Pm
    Pmpierce Mar 06, 2011

THIS COMPANY THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE... TLG GREATFUN CHARGED MY CHECKING ACCT SATURDAY 3-5-2011 FOR $14.99 AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS CHARGE AND CALLED A NUMBER FOR THEM THAT I FOUND ON HERE AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN OPEN ON SATURDAYS! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY GOT MY CHECKING INFORMATION. IM DISPUTING THE CHARGE MONDAY WITH MY BANK AND SEE WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT STOPPING THIS FROM HAPPENING IN THE FUTURE TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE!!!

• Pm
    Pmpierce Mar 06, 2011

THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL THESE PEOPLE IS [protected] IF ANYONE ELSES ACCT GETS HACKED LIKE MINE DID

Jane Davis Apr 24, 2011

Yes. This company is a scam. I worked there - for a marketing group who is in cohoots to extract your bankcard information and to charge you until you close your account. DO NOT EVER DIVULGE OR PROVIDE YOUR BANKCARD INFORMATION TO ANYONE UNDER THE GUISE OF SELLING GREAT FUN OR SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE. DO NOT fill out online surveys providing your phone number and demographics -- they are trolling for victims. That's the simple, short, and not-so-sweet of it. Your name and information is sold at high dollars to mass marketing telemarketing companies, and it's extremely difficult to get out of . After 25 years in the legal field and working there? This company called "Think Direct Marketing Group, Inc." has a pending class-action lawsuit against it and should be closed down. Immediately. It's not the telemarketers fault, tho, most of us didn't know it was a scam because we never had access to the programs GREAT FUN or SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE -- only read scripts -- and hourly/commission rates were not Think Direct Marketing figured out what kind of profit they wanted to make for that week.

• Pc
    pcmoss2 May 26, 2012

These people took $19.66 out of my account without my permission. They will not give it back.

• Ne
    negrita215 Jan 03, 2014

YALL BEEN TAKING ALOT OF MONEY OUT MY ACOUT AND I DONThttp://www.complaintsboard.com/new_complaint/# GET NOTHING IN REATURN SO I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK. TLG*GREATFN9030126 FOR 19.99
    THE OTHER ONE WAS TLGSHOPPER90294573DEC FOR 21.95