Tires Plusripped me off, didn't do the work

I took my car in for a oil change, and they said I needed new radiator hoses, coolant flush, new tires, transmission flush, thermostat. They said the transmission fluid was so bad they didn't know if they should do it but they would. I had them fix the hoses and coolant flush. Now a year later I had to shell out another $500.00 to have this fixed because they never fixed the problem. When I called corporate office they got me the district manager and basically he said not there problem because I didn't take it back there and it only has a warranty of 12, 000 miles and I was at 13, 000. When I took my car to a transmission place and had it checked out, they said they don't know what tires plus was talking about that my car was fine. I also had to get new tires that day because my 50, 000 mile tires only made it to 19, 000. I asked tires plus how can this be, they told me I must be a hard driver. If i was to call the tire company I could do that. So I did they said they would be happy to replace the tires if I would just go back and have tires plus send in one of the tires. When I went back to tires plus they said they would not do that. I addresses all these issues with the corporate office, they did not care he was so busy trying not to take the blame rather having concern on what tires plus was trying to do to people. I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

• 95
    95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

This sounds like a typical Tires Plus thing, trying to get you to spend money on a bunch of different services all at once. It comes back to Tires Plus trying to make the most money on every ticket possible. Most tires, however, come with a treadlife warranty. This is honored by THE MANUFACTURER OF THE TIRE, not the place who retails it. The retailer is supposed to act as a liason between you and the tire manufacturer. There really shouldn't even be a question unless YOU, the customer, cannot show sufficient proof that you have done your rotations and alignment like you are supposed to, especially the alignments. If you bought tires and never had any of those things done the the company is within it's rights to deny your warranty, because if they warranty out those tires without such proof, then the manufacturer will not reimburse the retailer for the warranty, and the retailer loses money. It is up to the customer to understand how these warranties work. As far as workmanship warranties, the warranty is clearly 12 months or 12K miles. If someone is passed that, what makes one think the the comany has any responsibility to honor an expired warranty? Such things are spelled out on paper for a reason.