Thorntonscustomer service

I was in line at Thorntons gas store waiting to be helped by next available cashier. The middle cashier was the next to be available. I asked cashier for 5 dollars on pump 3, 2 packs of Newports in a box, and I also purchased a fountain drink. By the time he finished ringing me up my total was $35.00 and some change. I asked Cashier what all did he ring me up for and he said what u asked me for. I think the professional thing to do was to ask me was my order correct on the screen before being a smart [censor]. After reviewing the screen myself I noticed he had over charged me for gas. I brought to his attention that I only asked for $ 5.00 and not 25.00. I told him he charged me for someone else gas and I ain't paying it. HIS BEST answer to me was He didn't care and I was gonna pay for it. What kind of Customer service skills did he show??? I told him since he didn't care I would go to another register and let somebody help me that do care. I felt totally embarrassed for his behavior he showed towards me. Not only was his employees looking at him but costumers as well.. After being helped at the next register. I saw a familiar cashier that normally helps me when I visit the store and she came up to me with a saddened face saying"She is VERY, VERY sorry for his Behavior"!!! I Immediately asked her for a manager and she told me that he was the manager!!
(A general Manager) I would've expected for a regular employer to act that way, but not a general manager who suppose to be a role module to his employees, and recruit costumers and not run them away. I did Mention to manager that I don't know where your customer service skills are but u don't have any and you need to stay in the back and work..