The Ticket Clinicstay away

M

I was recently pulled over for speeding, the officer estimates my speed at 65 mph. In reallity he has no clue, or proof of the speed of my veheicle. I was not very happy when he told me that he "estimates" my speed at 65 mph. The ticket was $166 plus points.

Later I received in the mail a flyer from the Ticket clinic. I thought to myself, how convinient!! Lets give these guys a try. I don't think I was doing 65 mph, but I don't usually keep a close eye on the speedometer. Most of the time I just go with the flow of traffic. This was our conversation over the phone.

I paid $90 for the service, plus I would not receive points. It was pretty straight forward. Worst case scenario I paid the $90 dollars and pay the fine. Wow!!! was I wrong...big time.

The results were outrageous. After contacting them a couple of days after the court day I was told to pay an additional $300 and some dollars. Ouch!!! I feel like I was part of one big scam. Don't ever hire these people, I would have done much better either representing myself or just paying the fine. I was never told that by hiring them it would cost hundreds of dollars more. This makes no sense. I wish there was something I could do.

• Sc
    SCORP965 Mar 01, 2011

Paid for their service, and they made my situation WORSE - I got two more tickets because they FORGOT to file paperwork, and my license was suspended. When I contacted them about the issue they said they could fight the charge, for a FEE - it was only suspended because they didn't file the paperwork. I talked to a supervisor, who said to fax in my docs - I faxed them in (4) separate times, each time they said the docs didn't arrive.

I have paid over $1k in fees, fines, and court costs over what was initially a $500 ticket, and I still have two pending tickets, which could cost an additional $1k - AVOID these people, their service is WORTHLESS.

I would dispute the charge on my credit card, but they make you sign a two page waiver when you walk in which prevents you from filing a charge back, even though they misrepresent what they will do for you, and are negligent in handling your case.