The Salvation Army USAso called "furniture donation pick-up".

C Aug 15, 2018 Review updated:

Twice I have called Salavation Army to pickup furniture (antique sewing machine & cabinet, and queen bedroom set. First they make me wait 3 weeks for the pick up, they tell us they'll pick up between 8:00am & 4:00pm, so you waste another entire day. Then...when they finally arrived...they state that the item is "too heavy" or there's a small crack, barely visible & they don't want it. Oh...they won't take a bed apart, either. It's free, folks! I thought the idea was to help people in need???? Well, this was my last attempt & I will never call on them again. Nor will I ever donate money, as I have many times in the past. I am so done with you!

• Su
    Suzie K Aug 17, 2018

I contacted the Salvation Army in July after I finished clearing out my mom's house. They finally arrived and would not take the furniture from my mom's house. They items were not brand new but gently used and they did not want to be bothered lifting them. I am happy that the Salvation Army is doing soo well that they do not need donations any more. I am more than happy to spend money and donate to other causes, because you do not need it. You should be ashamed of yourselves!