The Salvation Army USAhave complaint about store

L Aug 13, 2018 Review updated:

yes i live in an area called Lancaster california, Im reaching out to you in hopes of this getting resolved the store manager is this latina woman she has the prices of the store way to high for the area and intentionaly keeps them high stating that this money is for the missionary or that its the machine from corporate that makes this pricing.. then when people leave the stores she will have her family and friends come and buy the same items at a completely reduced price and has her boy friend buy all the metal items for scrap we have gone into the store with petitions being civilized asking her to bring the costs down and she says its nothing she can do before they used to get donations of new furniture in boxes that they would put together and price them high now all she does is put half of it together put it on the floor and has her friends and family buy them and all the pieces magically pop up than what the cant scrap they resell at there yard sale slash home store normally i wouldn't say anything but this has gotten way out of hand and there isn't another salvation army in the area to go to

• Li
    Liz11 Aug 14, 2018

I'd like to address the issue and to complain about Serena P. I believe it could be Placenscio, or Placencia as her last name. She works at the Mojave, CA Salvation Army facility. I went to her for help when I called, I was a few minutes late due to my problem issues and I told her about it during the argument with her when I went back there 3 times, and she was very rude. The two girls that were there at the office didn't say much, then the last time I went there I called and told them I was on my way and will be there shortly they said to come in, I did, but when I went in I was late a minute or two, and they had told me before that if I am 5 minutes late they won't take me, so I wasn't 5 minutes late, and Serena stormed out of her office and told me she had to go, and she couldn't help me, but that was after one of the girls in the office told me to come when I called and I was only a couple of minutes away. So, she stormed out of her office having a very defensive attitude towards me, first she said she would help me then she said she had to go, then she continued on and told me to get out in a very demanding angry voice, when I was just trying to tell her what the girls were telling me that I could come in and that I had to come there 3 times now. So, I told her that I will file a complaint against her and that she was very rude and that she shouldn't even be working there, helping people if this is the type of attitude she has. I also have spoken with another woman that goes there to get food on a weekly basis, she's homeless, and right away she mentioned how rude this same person is, Serena P. She also said that she has been doing this to people, but no one knows how to report her and they just didn't file a complaint because they didn't know how. So, I am also complaining on their behalf for her rude behavior, and my behalf as well. Serena is very unprofessional, she also plays favors when I have been there a few times earlier this year, I saw this when she would come out to give the numbers for people to go in and get food. She would look at the people, then change numbers to the bottom or to the top. If you folks are claiming to be a church representing Jesus Christ, and this is how your employee is treating people, then this church isn't really about loving and caring but about control and bad behaviors, treating people uncaringly and being nasty to them. I still didn't get the help I came there for, my husband is on disability and the only income we have, I don't get paid to care for him. He's had an open heart surgery then a pace-maker not too long after that. So, it's a struggle financially, the reason I came for help. I would like to see this person removed from this position and this office, because if this is how she's been treating others as she treated me, then she's going to do the same wherever she goes. This is a very high strung woman, very angry and very push and aggressive. I would like to hear back from you folks, and further against will be taken against this employee or a volunteer of yours if she is still going to be employed by your facilities. This was the worse experience I have ever had with anyone, and this woman needs psychological help, and training on how to be more caring and professional in handling the public. I still need help with my bill, and If you'd like to contact me, my phone number is: 707-470-6757. Thank you for your careful and fair consideration in this matter.

• Li
    Liz11 Aug 14, 2018

And yes, I do agree about the pricing that is a bit high for your stores in Lancaster. I think they need someone who know how to price the clothes and the rest of the stuff there.