The Ritz-Carltonfood poisoning

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

Would you imagine getting your New Year celebration being poisoned and totally screwed right before the midnight?

We wanted to have fun on the New Year eve at the Ritz Carlton and paying our money!

My wife, daughter and I did have food poisoning on the New 2010 Year night at the restaurant “V” in Sarasota!
We waited for this dinner for hours and didn’t eat since breakfast; 3 course meals (on the menu) were fabulous, was prepaid, preordered and cost $550.
In about one hour and a half after having a dinner, all of us hit the restroom at home! I had to cancel our further reservations and plans because my daughter and I suddenly got very sick, - vomiting, diarrhea and abnormal fever.
Next day (thanks god my house is near by the RC) I went to the RC and saw a restaurant manager, Mr. C. He was nice and considerate, took the bill and said my expense will be reimbursed immediately; he offered some sweets to my daughter saying he or someone else will call with an apology for spoiling the 2010 celebrations.
NO ONE DID!
Moreover!
A day after, Mr. T. from a “loss preventions department” two days after the incident, called me in the evening questioning my WHOLE family birth days, any allergy symptoms and what we have eaten before that. He also asked me to describe the symptoms we had and after I said what happened, this person said: “so you did stuff was coming out from your both ends?” I was humiliated! He spoke to me as if I am an animal for the money I paid; for passing my family happiness to their hands on such important day! What if you’ve hoped and prayed for a better year in your life?

Guess what, this person from “the loss department..” let me feel as I am a criminal, was rude and constantly interrupting;

It is nasty, horrible and humiliating! I do not know what to say to my daughter who was in bed for two days, didn’t eat anything and was taking medications.

I hope my experience will help to other people be equipped in case some similar things happens to their families!

Shame!

• Re
    Really? Jan 04, 2010

Be glad they were doing a detailed investigation. Your story is suspect as food poisoning take 6-8 hours to rear its ugly head.

Something obviously affected you and your family. The Ritz just needs further information to determine what really happened.

Don't take offense...unless of course this is fake and then I could understand your apprehension.

• Ho
    Horton Dec 28, 2009

I need a Apology Letter, stating that you are Sorry for the Horrible Service that was giving on April 10 2008.
    For addressing my receipt to my table as 3 B Ladies and adding Gratuity to my receipt without my authorization.

• Km
    K Merrick May 11, 2009

Ritz Carlton Sharm Egypt
    Horrible customer service we had many...Many!!! issues throughout the trip and we will never stay at another Ritz Carlton again because of this. I travel 70% of my life for work... that is a lot of lost business for them and they do not even care...