Complaints & Reviews

Not honoring their business.

I'm from Ohio and purchased the diamond package in oct 2017 and had paid them in full. They have canceled my cruise 2 times. I have reported them to BBB and Steve Bradley responded that a check is being processed. I did not click that it is resolved till the cash is in my hands in which he just said that to satisfied BBB. Unfortunately we have been scammed and wish we all can get together to take Steve Bradley, Tracey Purcell, Elisse Gaines down but I don't want to put anymore money into them and still land up losing. NCL and Royal Caribbean should be made aware of the poor publicity they are providing to their cruise line. I will NEVER accept a offer from a telephone call again.
I want to warn everyone not to deal with this company or with the named persons above.

diamond package

I have been paying a diamond package for the past 2years and this August I made my last payment of $1226. As stated, once my payment is final I will be able to book my Europe cruise to celebrate my 10 years anniversary, the total price for the diamond package was $5300. After my payment was received and processed I called customer service to try to book, however they told me the reservation team will call me back, instead of receiving a call I received an email stated that all bookings are lock till February next 2020. My anniversary is in December so they took all my money and destroyed my 10 years anniversary plan. Steve Bradley is rude and nasty, he is a low class just like first class vacation. First class vacation is a scam, they need to be investigated.

payment received, have not received service promised

I have made multiple attempts to get my cruise package confirmations for a March 2020 cruise. I have not heard from anyone since 8/22/19.
I purchased 3 diamond edition luxury cruise packages (Diamond Edition Luxury Packages FC-052217- 102DEA, FC-052217-103DEA, FC-[protected] DEA) in 2018 for a March 2019 cruise. We did receive reservations for this cruise and it was cancelled in Jan 2019. We made several attempts to reach out to First Class Vacations (FCV) and they were not responsive. We were unable to complete our cruise in March 2019 due to FCV cancelling it and not notifying us. We filed a complaint with the Florida Dept of Agriculture and consumer affairs. They investigated and FCV told them we still had 3 packages to use and therefore would not issue a refund. I sent an email to Elisse at FCV on 8/22/19 and indicated that all correspondence will need to be via email at this time as they indicated to Florida Dept of Ag they had reached out to me several times (which they had not). Elisse agreed to honor the past packages and indicated that we would need to book quickly to ensure would could get rooms on a March 22, 2020 cruise on Harmony of the Seas. We did hear from Renee at FCV (via email) on 8/26 and she needed info to complete the cruise reservation which I provided on 8/26/19 (all via email). Since then we have not heard from anyone at FCV confirming our cruise reservations. I have reached out via email to Elisse and Renee on 8/28/19, 9/9/19 and 9/16/19 and have not heard back. We already have had a horrible experience in March of 2019 with them cancelling our cruise last minute and not letting us know- and Elisse indicated that she would like to correct this past mistake, but I have been gravely disappointed that I have not heard from anyone in a month despite repeated attempts to ask for an update on our cruise reservations. I am concerned that after reading other reviews and based on our poor experience that FCV does not intend to honor our packages and will continue to refuse to respond to all attempts to communicate until it to "too late" again to book.

At this time, I would like to see First Class Vacations (FCV) honor their commitment to secure our cruise and cruise package. I would expect that they would book our cruise and all of the accommodations indicated in the Diamond Luxury Edition package (see indication below for details). I would like to see FCV communicate only via email so I can have documented proof of their communication and commitments. I would expect a maximum of 3 business days response to any questions or emails sent to their business. I would expect in response to this complaint that they will provide cruise reservations, flight reservations and hotel/ transportation reservations confirmations in a timely manner communicated with me and agreed upon by me via email.
Should FCV not honor the thousands of dollars I have spent on these cruise packages- I expect a full refund of all of my money.
I also would like to get the Florida Dept of Ag and Consumer Affairs involved again as I am concerned that FCV's business practices are fraudulent in nature. As a senior citizen, I do feel that taking advantage of a senior and thousands of dollar is ethically and morally reprehensible.
Elaine Johnson

• Updated by Suzy0 · Sep 30, 2019

If First Class Vacations would like to reach out and resolve this complaint I can be reached via email only as I would like all documentation to be in writing.
    Elaine Johnson
    [email protected]

• Lv
    lvan1 Feb 28, 2020

diamond cruise package fully paid off

I just paid off the last payment of a diamond cruise package of $1499.00 out of ~$4000 worth vacation. Then i receive a call from Steven Bradley, their sales head that it was only half the package is paid off where as when I paid the last balance of $1499.00 on Jun 4th, i was told the vacation was fully paid for with an unlimited time limit. Then when i requested for a list of payments i made, Steven mentioned he will email me the list immediately and call me the day after on Jul 23rd with the latest promotion where he offers me a suite. I still did not receive email and both him and his assistant is putting me to voicemail after picking up the phone call. After this incident, i have searched for first class vacation and turns out they are a scam! Please assist me getting my refund of ~$4000.

• El
    ElisseG Jul 25, 2019

We at First class Vacations have viewed your post and have the following response.

1. We are not a scam company. We have over 100, 000 clients who are happy with us and have traveled with us. As life has it, people who have issues are the ones to complain. We have less than 1 % of our clients that have complained.
    2.This client bought a package initially 3/7/16 and deposited 698.00, which left her a balance of 698.00. This package was very limited so 3/24/17 she upgraded her package and deposited 898.00. Her 698.00 was applied to her new package which priced at 4398.00 leaving her a balance of 2802.00. We then offered her a even better package totaling 2998.00 which she accepted. She then paid in 1499.00 more toward her package. This leaves her a balance due of 1303.00 Each client gets their contract in writing. The rules and regulations are clear. All our packages state they are non refundable.
    3. The client never attempted to contact reservations to book her cruise. Had she done so, she would have been booked.
    4. The client states she never received email from us. On May 31, she received a contract showing exactly what she gets and a invoice with what she owes. Our system is date and timed stamped for everything that is sent so it tracked.

In conclusion, the packages are non refundable as stated in the contract, If you wish to see it we have a copy, and the client has yet to call in to make her reservation.

Sincerely,

Elisse Gaines
    Director of Reservations
    [email protected]

paid over $5000 for cruise package and first class never paid princess for booking

I purchased a Diamond Cruise package from First Class Vacations in 2015 and paid via direct debit from my checking account over the next two years total paid $5398. It was their request to get paid this way versus a credit card. On August 30, 2017, I purchased insurance to hold the package for 5 years at $299 per person or $598 from Tracey. On October 17, 2017, I booked with First Class for the Princess Panama Cruise departing on February 18, 2019. At that time I was told my cabin number and deck by Carol. On January 22, 2018, I spoke to Chrissy looking for written confirmation. On January 24, 2018, I was referred to Marlene to discuss booking and cost. I was told I owed more money since the original package was for a 7-day cruise with airfare and hotel. I advised that I did not want airfare or hotel and was told I was OK and did not owe any more money. On September 5, 2018, I called First Class and spoke to Alice as I still did not have a booking number or email confirmation. I called again on October 22, 2018, and spoke to Alicia who promised to send a confirmation. I received it on October 29, via email. I tried calling FC again many times and could not get a person - just voice mail. I called Princess and spoke to Rachel and she advised she could not help me regarding account status and I had to go to the agency. I checked my booking on the Princess website and it was active. I went on the website again on Friday, December 7, 2018, to look at excursions and learned the booking was canceled. I called Princess and was they had not been paid by FC. I called FC three times on Friday and was promised a return call that never happened. I just spoke to Princess today, December 9, 2018, and told them they should not be doing business with FC and messing with peoples lives. I will call again tomorrow. I have an attorney. The resolution would be for FC to pay for my booking and retain the previous price and amenities

• Updated by Patte M · Jan 30, 2019

Since the original complaint, the travel agency (First Class Vacations) and its owner (Jeffery Nahom) have resolved the problems and I am satisfied with the outcome. Therefore, I wish to remove the complaint.

janeylynn Mar 13, 2019

We are having almost the identical problem with FCV. We have asked both Tracey and Ellise to put us in touch with someone in authority there, and neither have forwarded us on. We are only asking for them to go ahead and finish paying on the vacation promised and then release it to Royal Caribbean so that we can deal with Royal Caribbean directly OR give us our money back. We are now speaking with an attorney as well as filing a complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture (their governing body), but we would be more than happy to just get this rectified and save everyone the time, energy, and money of having to go that route. How did you get in contact with the owner?

• Lv
    lvan1 Feb 28, 2020

unethical behavior/money not returned

March 2017 I purchased a package from First Class Vacations in march 2017. In Nov. 2017 I thought I had booked a cruise with Princess Cruise lines and paid First Class Vacations more money to book this cruise for me. Within a few months my cruise was cancelled by Princess Cruise lines because First Class Vacations did not pay them my money I had given them! First Class Vacations owes me still $1542.40 that they took from me. it has been a year now and still no return of my money although they have made numerous promises to do so. Not only did we not get to cruise this past summer but were unable to go anywhere because First Class still has my money! I am 63 years old and on disability. I am demanding the return of my money!

• Pa
    Patte M Dec 07, 2018

I just found out today that my booking on Princess was canceled because First Class did not pay! I paid First Class over $5000 for our 45th wedding anniversary cruise. Now what? I don't get calls back and if I call and get a living human being they tell me it's not their department. I can't believe they called me last week and tried to sell me more - REALLY - deliver on this one first, please!! So - now since I have read these negative comments - I wonder if Princess Cruises is in collusion with First Class???

• Pa
    Patte M Jan 30, 2019

unethical practices

My friend Olidia Thomas called me to tell me about her conversation with Steve Bradley, salesperson with First Class Vacations.She gave me Mr. Bradley's telephone number and she told me she had given him mine.When Mr. Bradley and I connected I informed him I had questions about an Alaskan cruise. He started off telling me about the trip, limousine to my home and from the airport, transfer to the cruise ship. Five star resort for three days and two nights, credits we would receive on the ship, seven day cruise to Alaska and he mentioned some of the stops. He said we would have to pay for our excursions, and then he began to talk about the insurance. He said I would have to purchase the insurance immediately. I explain to him I was driving on the beltway and he wanted me to pull over and give him my credit card information. When I informed him I was not pulling over on the beltway he said he had to leave the office in twenty minutes. I believe he said that to force me into getting the insurance.

The next day I informed Olidia that he was rude and her brother had the same impression. August 9, 2018 I paid for the insurance $299. I asked for written documentation of our conversation and information about the 2019 Alaskan trip on the Princess Cruise line he said he would mail it to me. I never received any documentation on the trip, I called on August 17 and August 22, 2018 requesting documentation. Steve never returned my calls or sent any documentation. I received the documentation for the insurance, which I have not signed because he has not sent any information on the trip. The next time Mr. Bradley spoke to us was on August 28, 2018. He was rude and insulting. He continued to call us "you people and saying "what else do I have to do for you people." Even on the call Mr. Bradley continued to say we could have everything for the $1999 we just needed to let Elisse Gaines He said she was his assistant. Mr. Bradley's tone was unacceptable, he lied and finally sent the e-mail with the $1999 price to Olidia but did not put any details of his conversation in writing that he committed himself to. I mentioned it on the call. I did not like his tone and did not know what he meant by "you people." Not sure if he was referring to the fact that we are African Americans but money has the same color. I have paid $299 for insurance and $450 deposit. When Elisse talked to us and we expressed our concern she immediately stated, "I am not going to lie." She said she was not going to ruined her reputation.

Mr. Bradley rushed us into getting the insurance he said he had a good deal that was ending and we had to get the insurance ASAP. He said it originally cost $599 but he had a special offer for $299. I believe he only did that to lock us in. There is nothing first class about the way we were treated. Mr. Bradley told Olidia she was being hostile. Well, he took our money under false pretenses. This trip is on our bucket list. I have wanted to go to Alaska for many years. The last experience I expected was to get a salesperson with no integrity. After talking to Elisse a balcony is $2, 500, hotel $400 etc. Mr. Bradley said it was included in the $1, 999. During my first conversation with Mr. Bradley I asked him if the total trip was $2, 300 and he said yes.

On Friday, September 14, 2018 we were told by Elisse the total package is $7, 000 to $8, 000, it has tripled the amount we were quoted by Mr. Bradley. We made our decision based on what Mr. Bradley said. After taking our money he has continued to give us the run around and would not put anything in writing. Olidia has tried on many occasions to contact the owner Jeffrey Nahom. He has never responded to our concerns. Olidia was able to speak to his secretary but currently she has not responded to any of our calls. We requested a response within 5 days. It has passed the 5 days and no resolution. The owner has not called or his secretary. Olidia has left several messages. Her brother, Kelford Francis was lied to as well. There is nothing first class about the way we have been treated and lied to by Mr. Bradley.We do not want to deal with Steve Bradley under no circumstances.We want a refund of our money.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I am filing a complaint with you. I have read other reviews of this company and this seems to be their practice. Their license needs to be revoked. Their practices are unethical. Their sales people misrepresent the company, take your money and then double or triple the cost. They do not communicate with you and trap you into the sale. No one should have to go through this. Please investigate this company.

My contact information is:

Dorothy Walker
11409 Brandywine Road
Clinton, MD 20735
[protected]

• Ka
    kate08 Nov 20, 2018

Good Luck on the return of your money. First Class ripped me off of $1542.40 last Nov.2017. I booked a cruise with Princess Cruise lines then it was cancelled soon after as First Class Vacations did not pay them the money I had sent! Needless to say we did not go on any cruise this past summer nor did I receive my money or an explanation!After many promises in writing and on the phone I have yet to receive it as of today Nov.20th 2018! I am at wits end as I have contacted BBB in Florida to no avail. on many occasions. Still don't know what to do just want the return of my money!

travel agency

I would say to anyone considering using First Class Vacations they are unethical, dishonest and demonstrates unscrupulous practices. Steve Bradley, verbally sold me and my family travel packages as a special offer, accepted our deposit under false pretenses and then doubled the price on the packages. I have talked to several individuals and expected return calls from the owner and president without a return call or f/u to our complaint. At this point I have contacted my attorney to persuade agency to return the money paid as a deposit and insurance on the package.

Rip off

Coupon offer of 2 for 1 cruise. Learned this was buy first cruise and receive second cruise for free. Booked...