The Hearst Corpbeing sent invoices a auto renewal that was never made.

D Review updated:

Sending invoice for the o, the oprah magazine that claims I agreed to "be billed later for"all orders of renewal were paid for at time of ordering this was a scam for auto renewal which I paid and still getting invoices for from the hearst corp of red oak iowa. From g. L valk vice president/ there is no way to track this account #. If someone from o magazine would let me know how your accounts are tracked I would love a response. I feel like I was scamed and will never subscribe again.

• M
      Nov 18, 2008

Here is some information: I just cancelled my subscription to
    Good Housekeeping.

Assistant to the. Publishing Director. PUBLISHED BY THE HEARST CORPORATION ... Box 7146, Red Oak, IA 51591, or call [protected] or [protected]. ...

• P
      Jan 04, 2010

I agree the same is happening to me. I have sent e-mails and returned us mail stating I did not order to no avail. I will try calling tomorrow.

• N
      Jan 21, 2010

I was also automatically signed up for a renewal to the Oprah Magazine. I did not want this, but there was no number on the invoice to call. I did some research. For anyone wanting to cancel and talk to a real person, try this number : [protected]
    The lady I spoke with was really nice and canceled it for no fee.

• J
      Mar 15, 2010

Same thing happened to me; it really turned me off to ordering the O magazine again but also wary of ever ordering any magazines through any program. I started this one through a school band program raising funds. I thought the Oprah organization would take better care to ensure their business is handled through a corporation with higher integrity and standards...it's very juvenile to not even have a phone number listed anywhere on the invoice or later on the regular bill. I appreciate ya'll's help in locating phone numbers; it was on my "to do" list and you've cut my job in half. Thanks! Renee L. Grapevine, Texas

• J
      Apr 06, 2010

I have sent two requests to cancel my Oprah subscription by USPS and emailed (scanned a copy of the invoice with "CANCELLED" written all over it. Received a fourth invoice and thanks to the postings on this site I was finally able to locate a phone number and spoke to a representative that was quite nice and assured me it was cancelled. Time will tell, but I think this time we got it taken care of. Thanks! Joanne

• F
      Sep 03, 2010

I emailed Good Housekeeping re receipt of a bill for a renewal of my subscription that doesn't even expire until September 2011! It says I have chosen to be part of their Continuous Service Program, but I have no record of having some that. I got a "canned" response to my email, saying someone would be contacting me in about 48 hours or something like that. Instead, today I got another reminder that I owe them $15.97 for my renewal. All attempts to find a phone number to call were futile until I came across this website. Wish me luck. I'm going to try to call them. I refuse to waste 44 cents by writing them a letter.

• S
      Dec 08, 2010

I am getting the same postal mail from the Hearst Corporation, Invoicing Bureau from Red Oak, Iowa stating I was choosing to be a part of their Continous Service Program. It states that "as we recently notified you, your renewal to House Beautiful has been processed". I DID NOT ask to be a part of this, I did not check any box to be a part of this, and they are saying payment is due NOW. What a scam! I will NEVER order magazines again as I can find what I want, when I want, online.

• S
      Dec 18, 2010

I thought the law says, if you receive something for which you did not order, you could use it with even sending a response back that it was not ordered by you. Is this correct? I have been having the same problem as others with Hearst and Good Housekeeping Mag. After reading these responses, I am NOT going to renew or send any letters to them! Sandy

• B
      Jul 12, 2012

This happened to my elderly mom this month (July 2012). Nasty repeat invoices for a renewal she never agreed to, and which in fact she had sent written reply that she did NOT want. No phone number or email contact info on the invoice / harassing reminders to enable her to get in touch with them to discuss. No phone number on the website given for paying account.

She is very disillusioned with Oprah that she would be associated with this type of behaviour. After much scouring, I found that you can contact O Magazines subscriptions by phone at [protected]. It should be illegal to send invoices without a contact phone number.