The Cover Guyspa cover

C Sep 11, 2018

On July 20, 2018 I purchased a spa cover from The Cover Guy on their website. They said it would take a few weeks to make and process the order. On August 10, 2018 I get an email saying my order had shipped. Yay. They give me the shipping company's name (YRC Shipping) and a tracking # (that was wrong). YRC said they would give me a call and let me know when exactly to expect the package. After a few days I check the YRC tracking website and the shipping # didn't work, so I called the 800 number. The guy said the order would be delivered in 2 days. I take off work so I could be home when the package arrived because they wanted me to inspect the package for any defects. The package never showed. I missed work for nothing. I call YRC again. They tell me they have the paper work but can't find the package.?? The package is a fricking Spa cover that is about 7 ft long. The YRC rep said I needed to call the Cover Guy about the issue. I call the Cover Guy helpline, I also email them. I never hear a thing back until I went to the Cover Guy's Facebook page and sent them an instant message. A Rep named Amanda finally emailed me and said she would update me when she had more information. After not hearing from her for almost 2 days I then call Amanda and I leave a voice mail. She calls me back later that day to inform me that my order has been lost, but they can make me another one and ship it the next week. At this point I am beyond pissed. I tell her that I want something for my troubles because taking off work to meet with the shipper that never showed cost me a day off work. Amanda offers me a spa cover or 40$ discount on another order. That of course doesnt even come close to covering my time missed at work. I then tell Amanda that I just want my money refunded IMMEDIATELY. She said she would check to see if that was possible. A couple more days go by and I don't hear from her. She then later responds back to say they found my spa cover and just give in. Just send me the damn cover. So I set and wait for the cover to show. Finally last Friday Sept 8, 2018 I get a call from the YRC driver. It went directly to my voicemail. He says he is at my house (30 minutes away from my work) and can only hang out a few minutes for my inspection. I try to call him back but no answer. I haul ass home, but he is gone. I then call YRC shipping for the 4th time. They said it would show up Monday between 2 and 6. IT NEVER SHOWED.
So it is now Sept 11, 2018 . I called YRC yet again, they said it would be delivered next Thursday Sept 13, 2018. My confidence is very low in this actually happening of course. YRC and the Cover Guy seem to be very incompetent on my levels, especially in logistics and customer service. No one at either company ever reached out ahead of time to let me know there was any problem. If I hadn't hounded them, I doubt they would have bothered to do anything. The time they have cost me is more than the cover is worth. That being said, I wouldn't recommend using either company. The Cover Guy and YRC Shipping have been my worst experience ever.
Chris Fox