The Coral Resortscompany logo

The Coral Resorts

The Coral Resorts

Learn how the rating is calculated

4 37 complaints
23 resolved 14 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

The Coral Resorts reviews & complaints 41 - 37

Most discussed
The Coral Resorts complaints

Timeshare
1 (posts on this topic)

The Coral Resorts complaints 37

The Coral Resorts - Bad information

I will agree with most people. These guys do their job well. Suckered me in with $300 maintenance fees that turned out to be over $900. Tried to find original number. Guess what. This was all oral a...

The Coral Resorts - Libel/Slander

Not so much a complaint here, but a warning after what happened to us with this website and one other. We just bought with coral resorts last year and had some complaints. Foolishly we posted on here thinking that it would help, or get a result. Not only did it not get a result, but we used the salespersons name . Even though the site is based out of Latvia..or something, this does fall under libel and defamation of character in the US and Canada. We were slapped with a lawsuit within 2 months and luckily the salesperson accepted our apology, and we got out of it. If you notice not many people on here use specific names for this reason, it is an open and shut case for any lawyer. The resort actually made the salesperson aware of our complaint, and it's only a matter of time before they notify yours. Don't forget we all bought from the resort, the salespersons name is not anywhere in our contract, or anyones. That is what got is in hot water. Also, call the owner services, I know they are hard to get but they actually managed to work out our issues very easily. Now I have to complain about my OTHER timeshare in Westgate... Hope this gets to you before a libel suit does, they are not fun. I have contacted a few of you directly, and I hope everyone reads this now. Some friends of ours that posted on their Daytona unit were not as lucky as us and are paying more for the suit than they did for the timeshare. We know where you all are coming from, just be careful on these things, because the site will not let you take down your posts. Good Luck Everyone

The Coral Resorts - Scam

Stay away from any time share. We were sold a bag full of lies from hilton head islands coral resort. I am looking to join anyone with a class action lawsuit to stop these thugs.
My e - mail is [protected]@msn.com

The Coral Resorts - Bait and Switch

We owned a triennial floating gold week with a developer week. Our old contract listed a week number and said 'Gold" but we could book any time a unit was available. Phil Lucchese explained we could...

The Coral Resorts - Lies on Selling/Purchasing Timeshare

Jeff Davidson LIED! He said that they would take my timeshare for buying their timeshare. He said that they would offer it for sale for 6 months and if it didn't sell in that timeframe that they...

The Coral Resorts - Hilton head island's dirty little secret

Hilton head island's dirty little secret

While multi-millionaires sleep late; walk the beach; play a round of golf; or cruise on their extravagant yachts -- there's a dirty little secret known mostly to residents of this beautiful south carolina coastal resort. There's timeshare fraud taking place on a daily basis, as unsuspecting consumers from far away states are fleeced for thousands of dollars.

There are a variety of ways timeshare companies lure intended victims to hilton head island. The primary inducement is the fact that hilton head island is frequently rated among the top vacation destinations in the united states. Who wouldn't want to visit the renowned hilton head island?

This initial temptation is soon followed by other enticements including cash back; money for dining; cruises; or other adventures. All of these make a 90 minute presentation sound like a very minimal price to pay for such a wonderful vacation at this luxurious and idyllic resort island community.

Yet most consumers are unaware of the shady practices of many of the timeshare peddlers at hilton head. In fact, many of the time share companies engage in outright fraud and nothing is done about it.

Specifically, the south carolina real estate commission has investigated coral resorts (Owner and operator of several hhi timeshare resorts) for multiple, continuous, and flagrant violations. But they have found "no violations" or wrong doing. So, the scams continue despite all the "locals" knowing the underlying truth: hilton head island timeshare companies are intentionally defrauding consumers of millions of dollars a year.

The timeshare industry seems to have a business model which depends largely upon two factors:

1) some consumers will default on their obligations. This may be due to financial circumstances, which prevent them from meeting their payments; or they default due to disgust with the fraudulent sales activities, which leaves consumers with far less than they agreed to or bargained for in their contracts.

The "bait and switch" tactics cause some consumers to make what might otherwise be considered a smart business move. In the event a business project is determined to be much less than expected (In terms of expected "return on investment"), then it's typical to not follow good money after bad. In other words, stop investing in the project.

Yet in the timeshare world, this only benefits the timeshare merchants, as they keep all monies already paid; pursue legal action to recover the remainder; and the property reverts to them. The consumer is left empty-handed, and the timeshare companies have yet more product to traffic to unsuspecting consumers (I.E. Suckers).

2) the timeshare companies have "deep pockets". They can easily defend themselves against any one consumer.

For example, while coral resorts claims to be a member of the hilton head island chamber of commerce, they have no acccreditation with the better business bureau, and on a scale of a+ to f, their rating is f.

As of this writing they have 173 complaints over the past three years and 39 complaints in the past 12 months. The bbb describes one of these complaints as serious, with 14 complaints not being resolved, and another 9 complaints resulting in a failure by coral resorts to respond in any manner whatsoever. The bbb did say that 132 cases had been resolved with bbb assistance.

What's the implication? Well, my math seems to suggest that there's a 76% chance of resolution for those who contact the better business bureau. I guess that's not bad, but it seems far too short of the real solution.

I think it's time to assist all consumers who've been defrauded, not just those few who have reached out to the better business bureau. Further, it's necessary to prevent similar fraudulent practices going forward. This would seem to suggest a class action lawsuit involving thousands of property owners, with recovery of all monies lost and punitive damages as well. Or perhaps it's too late for that and a full-blown criminal investigation is in order.

All of this comes as such a great disappointment to me personallly, and i feel victimized by the entire hilton head island community, as well as beaufort county and the state of south carolina.

My timeshare purchase at coral resorts' island links came in late 2010, many years after the south carolina legal system became aware of the criminal activites of several hhi timeshare resorts. The failure of the legal system to protect consumers by issuing injunctions, against the likes of coral resorts, to cease and desist their predatory behavior has me perplexed to say the least.

I have always had great respect for the community of hilton head island and i've held them in high regard. It has been difficult for me to realize that i've been victimized, and that the community of hilton head island allowed it to happen. It's much the same as someone being mugged, robbed, or raped in the presence of other citizens, who calmly walk away or turn their backs while the crime is being committed.

Nobody wants to get involved. They say, "it's not their business". But what they really fear if they speak out or help the victim is retribution of some kind from the criminals. In this way criminals are allowed to take over neighborhoods or cities. In certain extreme cases, entire societies can be corrupted by organized crime behavior.

Is that what's going on at hilton head? Well the latter case would be an exaggeration, but the former is entirely possible.

How can the community of hilton head island and the state of south carolina do absolutely nothing about the fraud being perpetrated against consumers? Is it necessary for sled (South carolina law enforcement division} to come in and shut down coral resorts? Is it necessary to take away all the personnel in handcuffs, while loading trucks with files, computers, and other evidence?

The existence of fraud is overwhelming and undeniable. Yet the prospect of a class action law suit now seems almost insignificant. Maybe it's too little -- too late. Things have probably progressed to the point that the fbi must get involved and the perpetrators sentenced to many years in federal prison. This might well turn out to be the largest real estate fraud in the history of south carolina.

It's all such a shame really, as i still find it hard to believe that hilton head island, my beloved vacation destination, has participated in a crime against me and my family - or - at the very least stood by while we were being robbed. It's feels as though i've been betrayed by a best friend. If i could ask some questions of the residents and businesses of hilton head they might sound something this:

Why? Why have you allowed me to be robbed after all these years of friendship? Hasn't it been enough for me and my family to come and spend our time and money in your community? Is it necessary or permissible to knowingly allow thieves to rob us while you stand by idle and unconcerned? Is it really enough to prevent petty crimes, while allowing wholesale, white-collar crime to take place in the heart of the community?

Shame on you my friend! Your betrayal cuts at my heart like a dagger. I'm still in shock, amazement, and disbelief. It's truly surreal.

I've tried to deny that my good old friend would betray me in this manner. Yet the truth is inescapable. I'm not sure if i want to say good-bye yet to my good, old friend. But i do want the world to know what's really going on at hilton head island. Contrary to the businesses and residents of the area, i feel an obligation to let everyone know about hilton head island's dirty little secret.

My husband and I are also a victim of coral resorts misrepresentation and want to file a class action suit against them. Does anyone know of one that's currently under way? Anyone had any luck getting out of their contract with them? Any information would be appreciated please contact me at [email protected]

The Coral Resorts - Scam

Totally screwed us over. Told us that the contract had only what we talked about but it had nothing about what we talked about. Sidney Karp was our Sales guy and Sheldon Stanhope was the verification Officer. These two "Sales Professionals" verbally misrepresented the deal. They presented a deal and then when it came time to sign the contract, told us, not to worry cause all that paperwork was what we went over verbally. We were promised a week in July if we bought and now guess what...nobody will return our calls. They keep telling us to call back to see if there is any cancellations. RCI practically laughed in our face when we called regarding a cancellation. We were also told we were buying into an annual deal...nope...turns out to be an every 3 year deal.
Do not take a vacation with these crooks. Sidney and Sheldon are lying in wait for you to come and you will regret it. DO NOT BUY. DO NOT EVEN GO ON THE FREE VACATION.

The Coral Resorts - Failure to complete trade / sale

** Purchased a one week 3 bedroom Coral Resorts timeshare 5 January 2011, trading in a bi-annual studio condo Timeshare at Planet Hollywood / Westgate in Las Vegas NV and an annual 2 bedroom condo Timeshare at Summer Bay in Las Vegas NV. The 2 timeshares being traded were supposed to be listed with Resort Solutions Inc. for immediate sale. AS OF THIS DATE RESORT SOLUTIONS HAS NO INFORMATION FROM CORAL RESORTS TO LIST THESE PROPERTIES. They did get, in error, a request to list the timeshare we bought at Coral Sands!
** Our salesman, Phil, and verification officer Spencer at no time verbally indicated we were NOT trading our 2 LV timeshares and assured us that they would take care of the immediate sale.
** We request your assistance on correcting this sales tactic which appears to have left us owning 3 timeshares!
** Is our next step in resolving this problem the nearest Better Business Bureau or is it the nearest District Attorney's Office?

We too were mislead into buying a Coral Resort timeshare with promise of Waterside unit sale to cover down payment and cost of CR unit. They actually had the nerve to list our 1 br for $13, 500 and paid Resort Solutions International $299 for a 1 year ad. Also we questioned the tri-annual unit designation with a silver week. We were told this meant nothing because we were buying points and points are good at any time.. After we returned home and read all the fine print, we find out we are to pay $300 maintenance fee per year and can use the unit only once every three years. That's $900 for a one week vacation. Our points agreement says our ownership is annual but the contract says every three years. The salesman insisted that we had annual use of the facility with points. After we got our RCiI 45 days after contract sign, we checked CR on line for out of cycle use, the point cost is 65, 000 - and up. We are working with a consumer advocacy group to get this contract annulled and our money refunded. This is a scam from the start.

Did you pay with a credit card? Are you still within the 60 days to dispute your CC charges? Go to TUG BBS. I have a thread as Fitts asking for feedback from people dealing with Coral Resorts and Resort Solutions. Register as a guest and send me a message. Go to Resorts Solutions website and check how many timeshares like yours are for sale. They have had mine since Jan '07, no offers. There are hudreds just for Waterside. I want my money back. I never wanted a second timeshare.

The Coral Resorts - Time Share

Coral Resorts at Hilton Head and Island Links are some of the best Resorts on Hilton Head Island, SC and the East Coast USA. I just love Hilton Head and the great cul-de-sac resorts. The problem with timeshare anywhere, is that people do not read the contract entirely and do not listen and ask questions and get answers in writing. You have to get everything in writing when you do business, that is the problem. And than you can eliminate the "you said this, no you said that" you can just show the paper that says what was agreed upon. I personaly love Hilton Head Coral Resorts, they tried to sell me extra stuff, because this is what they do. I don't blame them, but I both what I wanted only and I'm very happy. Love Hilton Head. I would suggest everybody interested in timeshares on Hilton Head, SC to go on a presentation with Coral Resorts and learn from themselfs. Is no obligation to buy anything, nobody is putting a gun to your head. Thank you, and read the contracts or proposal before you sign anything and complain after that it wasn't what you understood. As different people understand different things.

My comments were garbled for some reason.

Let me try again.

What exactly is the nature of the complaint about Coral Resorts?

I thought this site was named Complaint Board!

What's the "complaint"?

Sounds like a sales pitch to me.

I love Hilton Head too.

Unfortunately... I was scammed by Coral Resorts.

I don't know why mean people complain about the beautiful hidden Paradise Hilton head Island, SC. Resorts are selling time shares like anywhere else, resorts are also selling villas, condos and homes for summer vacation. If you don't read your proposal or contract, please do not complain about it. We all know how this things go. We all know is your fault also for not reading the proposal and not listening and ask questions when you do not fully understand. You can not hate Hilton Head, SC. It is one of a kind and resorts are beautiful and nice, and they have a lot of special offers all the time. Love don't hate.

The Coral Resorts - Untruthfulness

I would strongly advise anyone interested in purchasing vacation rental property or access to it to completely avoid the above companies. Even though they claim not to have association, they do, at least in that, unhappy customers of Coral Resorts are spotted & "invited" in to get out of their deal, only to find they have purchased something else. In both cases, what the salespeople say is VERY different from the legal details of the ownership. These are very saavy salespeople, who do NOT have your best interests in mind!
If anyone else is interested in pursuing legal action against them or doing a PR campaign do alert potential buyers, let me know by posting after me & give me a way to contact you.
Signed,
Ellen

The Coral Resorts - &F& rating with the Better Business Bureau

I was stalked by a guest for 48 hours until I could catch the earliest flight out, forgoing my entire week vacation. Reba Management was unwilling to assist me in a way that would ensure my safety at...

The Coral Resorts - Verbal Misrepresentation and Fraud

My wife and I went to the Hilton Head Island Links timeshare. They offered us a deal, that they were going to take our 3 timeshares that we already own off our hands in exchange for the purchase of...

The Coral Resorts - Best hotel vacation or vacation rentals on Hilton Head Island SC

Hilton Head Hospitality, LLC, Hilton Head Guest Services, vacationplay.com. Hilton Head Hospitality is the best co. to book your vacation with. Hilton Head Hospitality/Hilton Head Guest Services, Coral Resorts offers a wide range of vacation options, some include a timeshare tour if you want to pay almost nothing for your vacation or you can pay a discounted price for your vacation and not go on any timeshare tour, but still get most of the perks and discounts that you can use on the Hilton Head Island while you vacation. Hilton Head Guest Services, Hilton Head Hospitality, LLC, vacationplay.com tell you up front everything and do not lie to you. If you got charged $200 on you timeshare tour vacation on Hilton Head, that is because you did not respect the agreement of attending the tour or you attended the tour but your spouse did not or you did not stay till the end of the tour. The Hilton Head Hospitality/Hilton Head Guest Services/Coral Resorts sales people are friendly and they only show you the resort and of course they would like you to buy, but if you don't, that is OK, it is not mandatory of course. Hilton Head Guest Services hope you had a fabulous time with them and on your vacation on Hilton Head and spread the word about the Coral Resorts offers. A Hilton Head Hospitality, LLC, vacationplay.com sales person can tell in the first 5 min if you are interested or not so it would be non-sense for them to pressure you if you're not a buyer. But Hilton Head Guest Services, Coral Resorts respect that and give you gifts. Everything people say in this comments and complaints is not true, because they either did not listen at all what they've been told, or they ignored everything and payed smart by trying to get the cheap or free vacation, but not do the timeshare tour. That's always the case, people want everything and don't want to do nothing. If you are that kind of people, than just book a discounted vacation at minimum price that only Hilton Head Hospitality/Hilton Head Guest Services/Coral Resorts can offer you, being the biggest vendor on Hilton Head Island and you won't have any reason to complaint. Thank you and have the best vacation ever.
I say chose Hilton Head Hospitality, LLC, vacationplay.com, Hilton Head Guest Services for your next vacation on Hilton Head Island, SC.

I am currently an employee at this company. There are some things that we are urged not to tell the customer when you're selling a package. I have been told that I give too much information, which I do in order to make sure that MY customers are well informed. I am not sure if my supervisor is attempting to be deceptive, but I feel that the customer should be given enough information in order to make a well informed decision.

Hilton Head Guest Services is the best vacation co. I have ever met. They have a friendly staff and always ready and willing to go the extra mile to make your vacation better and more enjoyable. I and my hole family have been vacationing with them for over 5 years, and every time when we go to Hilton Head Guest Services we feel like going home. I don't know what all this people problem is, but I think they did not listen to Hilton Head Guest Services or Coral Resort Services offers and they created a fantasy in their mind and got disappointed. But Coral Resorts as well as Hilton Head Guest Services tell you over the phone everything before you even agree with there terms and conditions and they even send you a mail and e-mail with everything written black on white. But one time when I was checking in, there was a couple that had no idea what was written on the letter send by Hilton Head Guest Services containing all the vacation details and this letter was serving for check-in purposes also. The couple was asking the front desk representative questions that were answered in the letter. That's how I figured out what is the case. So, I strongly advise you to draw your conclusion based on your own experience, like me. And not always what other people say is true. Have a fantastic vacation, Hilton Head Island, SC is a gorgeous vacation Paradise Island. Thank you.

vacationplay.com, Hilton Head Hospitality, LLC, Hilton Head Guest Services, vacationplay.com. Hilton Head Hospitality is the best co. to book your vacation with. Hilton Head Hospitality/Hilton Head Guest Services, Coral Resorts offers a wide range of vacation options, some include a timeshare tour if you want to pay almost nothing for your vacation or you can pay a discounted price for your vacation and not go on any timeshare tour, but still get most of the perks and discounts that you can use on the Hilton Head Island while you vacation. Hilton Head Guest Services, Hilton Head Hospitality, LLC, vacationplay.com tell you up front everything and do not lie to you. If you got charged $200 on you timeshare tour vacation on Hilton Head, that is because you did not respect the agreement of attending the tour or you attended the tour but your spouse did not or you did not stay till the end of the tour. The Hilton Head Hospitality/Hilton Head Guest Services/Coral Resorts, vacationplay.com sales people are friendly and they only show you the resort and of course they would like you to buy, but if you don't, that is OK, it is not mandatory of course. Hilton Head Guest Services hope you had a fabulous time with them and on your vacation on Hilton Head and spread the word about the Coral Resorts offers. A Hilton Head Hospitality, LLC, vacationplay.com sales person can tell in the first 5 min if you are interested or not so it would be non-sense for them to pressure you if you're not a buyer. But Hilton Head Guest Services, Coral Resorts respect that and give you gifts. Everything people say in this comments and complaints is not true, because they either did not listen at all what they've been told, or they ignored everything and payed smart by trying to get the cheap or free vacation, but not do the timeshare tour. That's always the case, people want everything and don't want to do nothing. If you are that kind of people, than just book a discounted vacation at minimum price that only Hilton Head Hospitality/Hilton Head Guest Services/Coral Resorts can offer you, being the biggest vendor on Hilton Head Island and you won't have any reason to complaint. Thank you and have the best vacation ever.

The Coral Resorts - Dishonest, Lies, Misrepresenting and did I say Dishonest!

In July my wife, Shelly and I, took a tour of Island Links in Hilton Head, SC. The resort is beautiful and we were interested in discussing terms of a time share purchase. We returned to the office...

The Coral Resorts - Misrepresentation

We are not new to timeshares. However we were grossly mislead (okay I will not sugar-coat it) we were flat-out lied to during the timeshare presentation. The maintenance fee is more than double what we were told it would be. Additionally we were told that they Timeshare Parters was purchasing our existing timeshare and that at closing the deal would be a wash. Months later we learned that all that Timeshare Partners is doing is listing our timeshare, and there are a dozen other identical ones listed there as well (with quite a wide variation in listing price). I am fighting mad right now and not certain how to proceed. Rest assured that I will not sit by and do nothing. As I see it my options include finding an attorney to contest the sale based upon verbal misrepresentation and/or picketing the sales office over the Memorial Day Weekend. If I resort to the latter, please consider this an open invitation.

your story is identical to ours. I am so angry that I do not want to pay the monthly payment and especially the way more expensive maintenance and tax fees than were originally explained. My husband just wants to pay for it, but I do not. The misleading presentation was all incorrect and I signed all the paperwork in the worst mood, due to not wanting to buy it anyway, and I didn't listen to the terms or payments that we agreed to when signing .

they also bought a timeshare from us as a trade in and I have no clue what is happening with that. I do know they are waiting for something to be signed and notarized; I have been so angry about it and just give all the mail to my husband. Now I am really mad and will find out what exactly is happening.

The Coral Resorts - Scam artists

My husband and I made a huge mistake in buying a timeshare from RCI last year. First of all, we found over the course of a few months that we had been grossly mislead and lied to by the salesman. One of the biggest complaints we have against RCI is that we were promised to have no maintenance fees until 2011. period. He repeated this numerous times. Well, by February of 2010 we received a past due bill for unpaid maintenace fees, fees of about $900.00, also attached was around $2, 000 in late charges! This was the FIRST notice, we had not received ANY phone calls, letters or any contact concerning maintenance fees to be paid at that time whatsoever. We, unfortunately believed the salesman, so this was quite shocking to us. And what did the rep say when we called to dispute their obvious mistake?.."well ma'am, your contract states..bla, bla, bla" so in the end what is the purpose of RCI having salesmen if the product they are selling does not match what you are told you are getting? This is only one of the many misrepresentations we were told by the salesman. Another is the"free" developer weeks..don't be fooled, they come w/ a very high maintenace fee as well that must be paid upon reserving, which he failed to mention. So if we would like to sell the week, we would have to pay out an enormous fee then hope someone would want those dates. Now I have some questions, if the company is so "great" why do they have to mislead people so grossly about their product to get customers? why aren't they just upfront about everything..w/ nothing hidden? why make the contract so vague that you need a lawyer to decifer it for you?umm..maybe b/c it's not that great after all. perhaps they are just thieves w/ a business license. Just look at the complaints against them on the BBB. They have had several lawsuits against them. We never had a "new member consultant" contact us, we had to contact them to find out when our points would begin to go into effect. So please, anyone looking into buying a timeshare..DON'T do it..do your research, you will find it is not a "good deal." Just ask Dave Ramsey, he's an expert on investments and he does NOT recommend timeshares. We wish we would've known the truth behind them beforehand.
We had already paid off the cost of the timeshare w/in 2 months of the purchase date. We were not expecting to pay any more dues until 2011, so we were determined that they were not getting any more of our money since they had lied concerning the fees among other things. So we typed up and sent them a letter of all our concerns, informed them we wanted all monies refunded to us and to have our contract voided. Ultimately, we contacted a lawyer, he typed up a letter demanding that we get a refund and that our contract be voided due to misrepresentation. He contacted us just the other day with good news, RCI's lawyer is mailing him our refund check next week and our contract is being voided. So if anyone has had a similar experience, just know there is justice out there, don't give up and don't give in.
Praise Jesus

A

I went to the same presentation and was told the same lies
I didn't realize all the decrepencies in the contract and the lies we were actually told until I was going to book my "free" developers week. I really would like to get out of this contract, advice is strongly needed!!!

The Coral Resorts - Time Share

My husband and I had purchased a time share from Coral Resorts in December, 2008 and we stupidly trusted these people. At that time we viewed the property (Island Links) which we later learned we...

1 2