Menu

C
Author of the complaint
9:00 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am sharing my story so others don't get screwed! In May of 2015 I purchased a 2013 Chevy Tahoe with less than 20k miles. I was thrilled as the AutoCheck report showed no accidents on the history. The dealership had it listed the report with the online car sales ad. Texas Direct Auto used the report to convince this buyer that this car was clean. Now three years later I decided to go get my vehicle valued as I was considering buying a new vehicle. I went back to Texas Direct Auto not realizing Vroom has taken over. Vroom is like any other used car company…. Don't bother as they lowball trade ins/purchases over 70k miles. So, they give me an offer less than KBB for a trade in… which is really bad. The appraisers stated the new policy in place with Vroom/Texas Direst Auto requires these cars go to auction. They said nothing else regarding the value of my vehicle, the guy just commented that he saw I bought it from them. I proceed to go to CARMAX to get another appraisal. After a 20-30 minute inspection CARMAX proceeds to offer me a crap purchase price. But CARMAX explains why they are lowballing me. They tell me that my hood and both front fenders are not original to my vehicle. I am baffled… and they proceed to show me an Autocheck Report. This was the same reporting company I had when I originally purchase my vehicle in May of 2015, but now this report shows accidents in July and December of 2013. Obviously AUTOCHECK IS A JOKE! It somehow took more than 2 years for two accidents to appear on it. I do not understand how they can be considered a reputable business with pathetic reporting standards such as this. What pisses me off is TEXAS DIRECT AUTO KNEW MY TAHOE WAS IN AT LEAST ONE PRIOR ACCIDENT! There is no possible way to miss what CARMAX found in a 20-30 minute inspection! People do not replace hoods and both front fenders with stock look alikes for no reason. Some slime ball within this dealership decided to be fraudulent and use this bad reporting agency to sell a vehicle for more money than it was worth! I will never again even consider purchasing a used vehicle. Between the crooks at Texas Direct Auto who ignored obvious signs of an accident, to line their pockets. And AutoCheck providing false sense of security to car buyers. NEVER AGAIN!

More Texas Direct Auto complaints & reviews