Complaints & Reviews

90 000 kms service

I, Sephiri Modisakeng with contact [protected]/ [protected] bought a car from Walter of Thrifty at 011-894...

Used auto sales

Ill start from the beginning, my sales person Mike and sales manager were great made it very easy for me to...

Fraud and unprofessional behavior

They will scam you, charging you 3 times what the car is worth, charge you a high interest rate no matter you...

submitting/cancelling credit score updates(fico)

I purchased a 03 Lincoln LX from Thrifty Car Sales Approx Mar 1, 2009, I made all payments timely without...

was bullied & cursed at

On 9/8/11 we were yelled at cursed at & bullied by two sales reps & the store manager. the manager promissed us a 15% intrest with 280 dollar payments monthly on 9/3 /11 when we first visited the lot. when we arrived today there was a 28% finance on the paper work. Before signing we asked the sales rep why the big change in the interest. he want back to speak to the manager that promissed us 15% mike taylor & he came out of his office & yelled at us said if we do not want the car to get the [censored] off his lot. he said I rather not do business with you any way. the other sales reps got in our face & yelled at us get the [censored] off the lot you worthless piece of crap. I swear to everything that good in this world we did not do anything wrong all we did was ask questions regarding the contact as a consumer we have the right to do this. I would not advise anyone to visit this place ever. I am waiting to hear back from ceo or vp because we deserve an appology. so does my 15 yr old daughter who was there and experience the nasty curse words & the yelling & belittleing they did to us.

Deceptive Sales Practices

My wife Donna and I saved our hard earned money for 6 months to get Donna a new Audi A4 (Well, a used...

crooks

These guys are liers! They promise things and then don't follow through with fulfilling their promises. They are rude, they have no ethics or integrity. They are unprofessional! I'm not sure how a company can keep these types of characters around. I purchased a car there and without a doubt my car was under repair longer than it was in my possession. I happened to be only a few days out of warranty, and I was advised after paying the diagnostic fee, that the vehicle need a new part, I asked the tech if there was anything they could do for me since my car had ran correctly since I got it, *stalling, sputtering, check engine lights on. The tech then trickled me to BO. Very grungy, shirt not tucked in,  very arrogant, but yet advised me that he can absolutely replace the part I needed at Thriftys cost. I was reluctant of what he was saying, but he assured me just like any part time crook, no problem. He told me to talk to Mario to schedule me in to leave the car for the repair. Four days later, Mario calls me to advise me that the vehicle was done. He told me to come in right away, I then, went to pick up my car and I was given a bill in which showed an amount owed. Clearly I told him that that wasnt correct and advised him that Bo said it would be replaced at Thriftys cost, guess what..."Mario then advised me yes, the part would be replaced at Thriftys cost, the cost in which they get the part for from there parts dealer, I was mislead and force to pay the cost. I could have taken my business elsewhere. I then again tried to see if they would meet me half way after speaking to Bo, he then he trickled me down to his GM Dan. No hesitation from Dan he came to me and told me "unfortunately theres nothing I can do" and assured me it wasnt his fault that I was right outside the warranty(while lighting a cigarette). I was a little irate, and Dan immediately threaten to have me forceably removed by calling the cops, and advice me that I was to leave. Bo Rasoi (Sales Manager) just happens to be Dan's brother (General Manager) one is just husky and the other just so happens to look like he plays for the opposite side of the field, if you get what i mean... Are these the types of people you want to do business with??? BEWARE!!! in fact in doing some research one of the two brothers has an extensive PUBLIC criminal record in hillsborough county. You be the judge.

FYI - flgirl is in all the complaint boards having to do with thrifty...wonder why, lol its their sister, yes thats right, a female version of Bo, the only pathetic person defending these crooks. P.S. sunshine yes you flgirl Get well soon ...

Scam! Liars! Frauds!

This company claims to be their own bank. They are not! They will lie and say you are pre approved with No...

Terrible company

I myself had a great experience with Thrifty Car Sales. I had gone to dealership after dealership to try to get a car. Every other dealership told me I needed a co-signer or I would have to put down $5, 000 in order to get a car. I walked in to thrifty and had a car with in a few hours and they worked with me on my down payment and allowed me to make it in payments. I got a newer car than I thought I would be able to at a better price than I could have imagined. I took the car to a friend of mine to have it checked and it passed with flying colors.

I have never been more pleased with a purchase I have made, and after dealing with all the other scummy dealerships around I was completely surprised to have such a great experience with Thrifty.

Thank you Dan, I appreciate everything you did to help me and I will be back to see you again when I am ready to buy again.

Terrible company

Thrifty car sales in Clearwater Florida abuses customers who have purchased warranty and or extended warranty options. Thrifty will have you schedule your vehicle and have you wait three to four days and still not fix your warranty item. Thrifty will tell you that the problem is solved and as you drive away, the problem still persists.

The manager Dan is a deceiving young man and his counter part Bo is just as bad. The lies the deception are ongoing and people need to make it stop. They have complaints all over the board and rebuttel by stating more lies. They put the customers down for having bad credit, but they are the ones making you pay extra for a warranty and option package not honored. How can a muffler and exhaust system fall apart in 6 days? How can the water pump fault in 11 days? Why does thrifty express absolutely nothing to the customer. I was told, we'll see if we can get it done this week. This is my only car. Thrifty then tells me to take it somewhere else and they may be able to pay. I spend the time to find another place, get the vehicle looked at and priced, Thrifty tells me no, that is not covered, bring it back. The vehicle needs fixed now and not later. I'm missing work and thrifty does not blink an eye. They will give every excuse to not help like the mechanic is sick, booked solid. The computer system crashed and it must have lost your information. The front receptionist quit and didn't leave a message. Dan is working on it-only to find out Dan is gone for two days.

Dan and Bo are terrible. People do not waste your time and money to Thrifty car sales.

Dealership Dishonesty

I would like to warn consumers about Thrifty Car Sales on US Route 19 in Clearwater, Florida.
The dealership will have you believe they have given you a great deal with warranty included on your vehicle from the location.
Please beware of what will happen when you find a minor or major malfunction in your vehicle.

1) It will take three weeks for you to be scheduled
2) You will leave your vehicle there for two days
without a phone call from Thrifty. You will call
to find out that they are working on it right
now. Do you believe that ?
3) Thrifty will tell you everything is ok and they did
a few minor adjustments. They will even wash
your vehicle.
4) You will notice that the same problems occur.
5) You call the dealership, The cycle starts again.
6) You now leave your vehicle again after a three
week wait.
7) No loaners...Company policy
8)Thrifty informs you that your vehicle is no longer
under warranty.
9) Dan or Bo, the managers, stop answering your calls
10)The office staff tell you numerous times that Dan
or Bo will call you back. Never happens.
11)You pay for the malfunctions out of pocket to
a REAL automative mechanic at another location.
12) Dan and Bo laugh all the way to the bank.
13) Another poor consumer enters Thrifty.
14) Go back to step 1

Pass this information to your friends and family.
Stop the deceptive Dealer and let's put them out of business.

• Ty
    Tyler T Jun 18, 2009

Bad service.
    Bad owner.
    Bad reputation.
    Better Business Bureau = the three B's

Is this place being investigated ?
    Look at all the comments from unhappy customers.

I'll stay away.

Anothy Cox Jun 21, 2009

There are signs and postings to avoid this place at the military base based on past experiences with the management at Thrifty and how they conduct business and service.
    The postings on the web really do not help their cause either.

PLEASE STAY AWAY

Please stay away from Thrifty Car Sales in Clearwater, Florida. The managers will lie to you and take advantage of you in every possible way.
Do not be fooled and give yourbusiness to a dealership that is trustworthy, honorable, and cares for its customers and community.

Thrifty Car Sales should be investigated for ripping off so many people. The truth will be found and you deserve everything that the law will do to you.

Please avoid this dealership at all cost.

Bad people

Thrifty car sales off us 19 in clearwater, florida is the worst dealership in the area. Thrifty sell...

Bad People

Thrifty Cars ( Dealer in Clearwater ) sold my grandfather a lemon and refused to acknowledge the fact and ripped off a 73 year old man.
My Grandfather saw a car on their website, called to speak to a manager, made an appointment, and proceeded to think he was getting a deal. He found out that Thrifty does not honor their word, warranty, or remember making any promises. I do not know how any of you can sleep at night.

DO NOT BUY OR EVEN GO NEAR THRIFTY IN CLEARWATER, FLORIDA. THEY ARE DISHONEST PEOPLE WHO I HOPE BECOME A DEALERSHIP THAT GETS SUED AND FORCED TO SHUT DOWN WITH THEIR SO CALLED MANGER AND SALES MANAGER GOING TO JAIL FOR THEIR BUSINESS CONDUCT AND DISHONESTY TO THE CONSUMER.

• whatugiv May 22, 2009

sorry to hear that. what did your grandfather do? does he still have the vehicle? if its been under 72 hours he can still return it. or if the dealership contacts you about coming back to sign paperwork that means they probably don't have a contract that the banks will approve.
    Should you need any help feel free to contact me.
    Thanks
    John

Service

Beware buying from Thrify Car Sales of Clearwater, Florida. The vehicle we purchases was promised to be fixed...