Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgTxtag

L Aug 03, 2020

All of the terrible reviews regarding possible illegal behavior by Txtag make sense after my experience. I have never been to Texas nor have any family members been to Texas in a vehicle in my name, I recently moved back to Florida from Canada and, suspiciously, we received a bill several months ago from Txtag. The bill had no vehicle info on it whatsoever, which is suspicious from a toll company, so I assumed it was a scam and threw it out. Months later we received another bill with added charges and a threat to send to collections if not paid. I have NEVER been to Texas or near Texas!!?? I have excellent credit and do not want it to be tainted over a scam, I also refuse to pay for something I did not do. I have one car in my name and it is always our possession. So, I called Txtag and the wait time was 1 hour, so I used live chat and after waiting there for 15 minutes I explained the situation and after about 30 minutes the employee stated that the account was cancelled and the vehicle was taken off, they couldn't provide a confirmation # so I got their employee ID. Hopefully, we don't continue receiving communication from this horrendous company, however, I was just informed by a family member in Canada, whose address we were using temporarily, that they received 2 envelopes from Texas recently knowing we shouldn't be receiving any mail there anymore. They have send the items in the mail to us and if they are from Txtag I will likely be calling a lawyer. We have no connection to anything based in Texas, and the family address in Canada should in no way be used anymore as we have updated all relevant contacts like banks, bills, etc.