Texas Department of Transportation / TxTag.orgmistaken billing

F Nov 10, 2019

In June 2019, I received an invoice from TxTag for allegedly driving on a toll road on 4/22/2019. I did not drive on any toll road on that date or any other. On the date in question, I was working in my office, all day, and on the opposite side of town. The invoice did not contain any evidence of my driving on this toll road photographic or otherwise. I paid the invoice and submitted a written dispute of the charges.
The only response from TxTag was to send me another invoice in September 2019 for late fees and additional charges on an invoice that had already been paid and disputed. I again paid the invoice and disputed the charges. I also disputed the charges by registered mail sent to the customer service center which they received on 9 September 2019. I have received no response from TxTag.
I have submitted two complaints/disputes directly to TxTag via their website. The first complaint was submitted on 13 October 2019 and the second on 27 October 2019. Despite their advertised assurance that there would be a response in 5 business days, I have received no response to either complaint.