Tempur-Pedictempur grand

T

My husband and I purchased a Grand from Tempur in 2009 for about $11000 with the bases. It was a glorious bed for about four years. At the end of the fourth year however, we contacted Tempur because the bed was so soft and saggy. We submitted pictures and our invoices as well as the registration information that they already had on file and it took them about six weeks to replace the mattress. We immediately noticed that the new mattress had problems as the men who arrived with their "white glove" service, had snapped all the threading on the top of the mattress by folding it in half to get it up the stairs into our home. That one was replaced immediately. Move forward to today. For the last three months or so, I have been washing and washing our bedding and deodorizing our house and our room in particular as there was a lingering, musty, old oil type smell. When I finally removed the protective pad from our bed, I found a strange yellowish color leaching through the mattress everywhere that the layers were sewn or glued together. That was where the fun just began. When I phoned Tempur I was informed that the company I had to go through was Tempur Canada since the company was now two branches. I was then also informed that the Canada side of the company had changed over their data system in 2014 and they had no warranty or registration information anymore. Further to that, they informed me that Tempur Canada was not carrying the "Grand" anymore as it was not selling well in Canada and they had made the decision to discontinue it. I questioned how it was possible for a company to sell a bed with a 25 year warranty and then basically tell a consumer to get stuffed because they didn't carry it anymore. Here we are six weeks of pictures, emails and phone calls later and on February 1st, I received an email saying that Tempur US had decided to replace my mattress and protector. When I didn't hear anything further from the company, I phoned yet again. I have now received an email saying that they are reneging on the replacement and they want an inspector to come to my house. I am soooooooo done with this company!!! I sleep in a bed that stinks, is changing color and is completely unsporting from a company that refuses to honour its warranty. Save your money and effort and find a company with integrity!!!

• Co
    Connie Tarsook May 07, 2018

I must say we purchased our Grand bed in 2005 and it it still going strong with not a single problem as reported by these reviews. We have no sags...no odors and this makes me wonder if they changed the way they are making them, to gain a larger profit. WE don't have that same pattern of seams. Our mattress is a much light color. We have moved it twice without incident and are now getting ready to place it on an adjustable base. we did have a breakdown of the foam in the pillows and i attributed this to a lot of bending and positioning of that memory foam. It is sad to hear others are so dissatisfied with the newer version of this mattress as ours has been nothing short of incredible and has stood the test of time like a champion.