TD Bankterrible customer service

Terrible terrible customer service! No one fully knows what they are doing. All I needed was a change of address and new card with my married name. Everytime I made my trip to the bank they had new excuses. So after 3 trips to the bank and several hours sitting and waiting I finally got my new card printed only to find out later when trying to use it that it was not activated when given to me. Thenn I call customer service and they send me to an automated system to activate the card. So thinking it was activated once again the next day I try to make a purchase and all over again I find myself on the phone!!! On the phone with customer service again and they tell me my account was closed?!? Td bank seems to have many employees at their locations but no one that truly knows how to do there job correctly. I'm pretty sure the last person who gave me that card was not trying to help me at all. I'm pretty sure after this I will be taking my money and leaving td bank! Bunch of idiots who throw you back and forth!!!

• Ko
    kornonthekob Sep 23, 2010

yes because you withdrawing your 5000 dollars or so is going to bankrupt the bank. get a grip

• Mi
    Michelle Natalie M. Feb 25, 2010

There is no way for TD bank to know if a check drawn from another financial institution actually has the funds in there account to cover that check. As a COURTESY TD bank once made that check AVAILABLE the same day. It is different from actually clearing, it takes up to 5 days sometimes for it to actually CLEAR. If for some reason the paycheck you deposit is no good, and you spend that money not only will it be turned on you but also the bank and it is a returned check and you are also out of that money until the issue is resolved. I believe it is a good thing for the $100.00 availability policy, it stops a lot more fraud and causes less returned checks. They have a next day availability policy, as long as your in by 6 pm, your money will be available the next morning. In some cases, Tuesday morning if you get there after 6 pm on a Friday because of the weekend.

• Lo
    Lorenzo Feb 12, 2010

TD bank will instate policies such as 1. your deposited work check does which previously cleared in total now will only be cleared for 100.00 as opposed to the full amount it used to clear for. obviously things do not get paid, without you knowing they charge you a maximum overdraft fee. They really want your money so bad they will rip you off to get it. DO NOT use TD Bank unless you want them to rip off your hard earned money. i also got sent to three different branches to try to resove this. they deny it is their fault which it clearly is. terrible customer service.