Menu

TD Bank  -  TD FIT Loan

L
Author of the complaint
9:07 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received several solicitations from TD Bank to apply for a FIT personal loan. I decided to apply after I read that I could do this with out a hard inquiry on my credit. I went through the process and the loan terms seemed quite reasonable so I continued on with this process.

I was asked to provide proof of my identity using a product called "Netidentify" I think that is what it was called. I had difficulty managing the uploading of the documents and the photo. I called the FIT Loan department twice during the process to report my issues and was told to wait 30 minutes and try again. I did this and again I was unable to complete the process in the time frame allowed. Subsequently, I received an email denying the loan based on an inability to identify myself. I called the FIT loan department and was told I could apply again in 30 days. There were no other options.

I called again the following day and spoke to a woman, Danielle, she identified herself as a senior loan specialist in the FIT Loan department. She unable to resolve this issue. At first she said no hard inquiry was completed and when I told her I was contacted to the contrary she walked back her statement but her only advice was to re-apply in 30 days.

I was appalled. I am a TD customer and have been for may years. I have excellent credit and a fair amount of assets. I asked if I could go to my local branch to have this rectified and was told that I could not. Again I was informed I had to wait 30 days to re-apply. I have received a notice from another financial institution that a hard credit inquiry was placed. This caused a drop in my credit score.

I simply want either the hard inquiry removed or the loan approved. I am willing to go to my local branch and do anything I need to do to rectify this issue but thus far no-one at TD Bank has been willing to help me. I am very upset about this situation and would appreciate help with a resolution.

I simply do not believe there is no solution to this issue.

Please call me if you have any further questions. You can verify my contact information through my TD Bank accounts.
Thanking you in advance for your assistance,
Lorraine Sutphin
[protected]

More TD Bank complaints & reviews

TD Bank - outrageous overdraft fees
TD Bank - overdraft fees?!?
TD Bank - extreme delay in posting direct deposits