TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporationgarnishment procedures

Office of the Attorney General
445 Minnesota St., Ste. 1400
St. Paul, MN 55101-2131

Dear Mr. Vogel:

Thank you for your reply to my concerns and information provided; I will indeed contact the Minnesota OLPR as you suggested but, for the record, the main crux of my complaint is proper, legal notice ("Summons") was not received until after the garnishment occurred either from Gurstel or the financial institution. Just today, a week after the removal of funds, were papers received (deceptively dated July 8; which was the date funds were cleared from the account) not allowing me to respond within in legal time-frame.

Gurstel Law Firm P.C. has twenty complaints to the Better Business Bureau within a three year time frame; apparently, this is their modus operandi. Currently, I have a case awaiting hearing with Social Security Disability. At this writing the debt is five years old as this is when long-term disability insurance expired; since then I have had no regular or dependable income.

Sincerely,
Deborah Dotson

cc: Lawyers Professional Responsibility Board
Thersia Walsh, Gurstel Law Firm, P.C.
TCF Financial Corp., https://www.complaintsboard.com

Comments

• Cl
      Sep 20, 2019

I had been requesting my online account be closed and funds transfered to my other bank Tcf had closed my account after 1 week of charity deposit and told me in the bank while customer and my co -worker present that our funds are fraud and this was loud by the bank manager funds were deposited then taken out then re- deposited well didn't sound like fraud to me but that what their trying to make it sound like debit/atm had a hold and next thing I know the accounts closed and due to the transfer saying it was fraud your the ones that flagged the account May 27, 2019, as told by recorded conversation with your fraud dept and customer service employee Apple, and your banking policy is what? what we see is they had 3 chances not to deposit the much- needed funds to our program and now you scream it was a fraud., how does TCF close our account and do not have the correct social security number ..so fraud supervisor Victor ( 50781) said there's no documentation of fraud on July 25, 2019, @ 2:30 p.m. I was asked to bring my ss card which I did September 11, 2019, at the West Bdwy branch where they were helpful but still you go above and beyond you close our account don't have correct social security number accuse me of fraud discriminate against us. Then I order TCF gift cards aprox. $6.000 get a confirmin number along with Paid in full. then 2 days later I received a TCF letter telling me my TIN does not match. I have an EIN.