TCF Bankoverdraft fee fraud by tcf

This bank is a fraud. They have been taking overdraft fees out of my account every time I get paid...The hold my pending transactions and then they take it from your balance and then add a fee...its crazy behind the scences stuff that the average customer does not know is going on...I hope they get busted!!!

• Ev
    EvanDixon Feb 24, 2010

It's like I wrote this myself. My wife and I have shelled out over $400 in these "fees" and are now closing the account. Through shell games and impossibly complex accounting practices, they are managing to make a business of Fees rather than honest services. Maybe we should all be filing a class action?

• Co
    Corrupt World Dec 21, 2009

Yep. I've read about their customer-screwing overdraft policy on this site and now I see how it has happened to me. A few days ago, I get $70 in NSF fees. Oddly enough, I get these fees the same day I deposited my paycheck. So tonight I got home and opened the mail to find the $20 cash withdrawal I made when I deposited my check in the list of transactions that my wife and I made the day our account went under. In other words, I deposited my money BEFORE the transactions that caused my account go "under" went through! Reading this page, I see I am far from alone in falling victim to these hideous practices. I am not joking when I say that I am strongly considering cashing all my checks from now on and keeping the money in a drawer. With the $700B (and counting) bailout and the aftermath, in which banking industry abuse of customers is at its all-time high, I can't justify giving another penny to these pigs.

The best part, in this letter I got, they have the audacity to say these transactions were "honored as a courtesy" by TCF.