TCF Bankonline banking

TCF bank signed me up for online bank statement without my knowledge. Customer service claimed that when I signed up for online bill pay that I was automatically signed up to receive online bank statement. However today after having the service for over 6 months I was notified that I had to save or download my account information in order to receive statment. which would violate my right to privacy. I was told that I had to dissenroll my self in order to receive a bank statement in the mail. Customer service reps are sometime predjudice also.

• Te
    teacherf Oct 27, 2013

3 payments were bounced, charged 3 overdrafts fees where two of them were supposed to be covered by the money I had in my account but due to their charge system that starts with large amount of payments to cover first, money wasn't enough to cover the other two small amounts.total rip off

• Ge
    gebob32 Feb 02, 2013

i make deposits and then checks my balances when i withdraw money from the ATM. it shows both online and on the ATM i have money available. that's what it says, available. so i withdraw money. get a letter in the mail for NSF fee of 37.00. i checks again, money is available. So i call them and even went in and they said, even though online banking and the ATM's show a balance our in house computer shows you do not. So actually there was no money even though we said there was in our super secret computer I'm not allow to see on a daily balance. so this is it. i feel they are setting everyone up to pay this fee. we as customer's believe their system and our online statements and withdraw money. but their little trick is the money "really" isn't available, on an system you cannot see. not fair. If the money is not available, it's should not be made to be available. instead, it says "available balance". i say available is available. i have statements and ATM balance inquiries showing the available balances

• Ml
    ml1975 Jan 13, 2013

TCF is a rip off, and the people who told me not to deal with them, I should have listed.
    My situation wast just like jdp1234. I will tell everyone I know not to have anything to do with them.

ANNOYINGWHINERS Jul 19, 2012

GROW UP, YOU PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM NOT THE BANK. BALANCE YOUR CHECKBOOK AND EDUCATE YOURSELF...WHAT A CONCEPT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS. I FEEL NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU PEOPLE, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT YOU FEEL THE NEED TO POST YOUR IGNORANT ACTIONS ON THE INTERNET FOR THE WORLD TO SEE. :(

• Jd
    jdp1234 Jan 27, 2012

TCF is basically being allowed to legal rob you. We had a similar problem with an account that we rarely use that accidentally got a single overdraft of $79.51. Since the account is not used often we don't check the balance regularly. Later come to find out about the overdraft and we now own $471. It has only been two weeks since the overdraft. People can argue you should be more aware of your accounts, but what other situation can you think of where a company can legally do this? If you miss a credit card payment they might add fee, but it is usually like $50. If you owe the dentist $100 he might bill you for months before anything happens. With this situation we were told we have to make the account good now or we would be sent to collections and reported on our credit report. Its only been two weeks and we are being threatened. They are asking for basically 400% more than what the overdraft was for. Meanwhile we have another account at TCF with around a running balance of around $1, 000. It's safe to say we will be closing our accounts at TCF soon.

• Un
    unhappy now former customer Dec 21, 2011

TCF bank tries anything they can to legally steal your money. This bank sucks and is underhand in their dealings. anyone who banks with them Beware. They will soon start to pick your pocket. And when they do they absolutely refuse to return their fees. Leagalized THIEVES is what they are.

srsimpson Dec 20, 2011

I think you already have been committed...take out ellen and use what ever name you wish... don't you read anything? You are a number one truble maker and your a waste of time...you have nothing to say...go talk to Ellen...don't you get it? If your looking for someone to fight with...look in the mirror...that's a good start...most nuts do that!...go back in your cage and behave!...stupid!

srsimpson Dec 20, 2011

You remind me of a parent who has a child committed and has the discipline to stay with the commitment and she is a valuable
    asset, a goose that can produce golden eggs...(have you heard or read that before?) well you on the other hand ..you as a parent, focus on your self- anything, everything attitude productions, getting your kicks, nagging who ever comes your way, essscalating your efforts to threatening, or yelling, and in your desire to get the golden egg, you undermine the health and welfare of the goose!...I think Ellen is a smart enough person to know when she is wasting her time on things that don't have
    any meaning...because someone does not jump up and answer your every remark that does not relate to the subject in question does not mean your a 'something' in your own eyes...professing themselves wise, they become ...? Have fun and
    fill in the blanks...and find something productive to talk about!

srsimpson Dec 17, 2011

Moving right along...nothing said there!...now there's an encouraging remark..where's wgas? You two should get together.

Yes, LIKE I SAID!!! I agree...Contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and let them know what they did...they are looking for complaints on the banks about now because of all the changes, and new regulations slapt onto the banks...fight back and don't give up til you win. The banks are doing some very dirty stuff and getting away with it...learn how to fight back, get the word out, and pass it on to others!

srsimpson Dec 16, 2011

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...we have been fighting old arguement, as you say for years...where have you been? Most likey fighting tired old arguement as well...beating this over and over is not getting you anywhere...someone voiced their opinion and your not going to strip them from that by trying to get others to agree with you...and you do sound like you work for some kind of financial company...

srsimpson Dec 16, 2011

ENCOURAGE PEOPLE? Free speach incourages people. YOu'd be better off being more incouraging yourself!

srsimpson Dec 16, 2011

Yes, I agree...Contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and let them know what they did...they are looking for complaints on the banks about now because of all the changes, and new regulations slapt onto the banks...fight back and don't give up til you win. The banks are doing some very dirty stuff and getting away with it...learn how to fight back, get the word out, and pass it on to others!

• Th
    theyrobyou Dec 16, 2011

DO NOT BANK with TCF this ### of a Bank is a major RIP-OFF they hold transactions for days online waiting for you to stack-up multiple transaction until they can over draw your account and if it's close then they will hit you with a SERVICE fee to put you over the top then $28 per day even though the agreement says once a deposit is made then the fees will stop THAT IS PURE CRAP.

• Il
    Iloveminpins Dec 02, 2011

This is the worst bank I have ever banked with, and a lot of people agree with me. when I fist signed up I ask the banker If there would be anything affecting my account from a past account I had as a child. She said no. So I signed up for a new checkings and savings account. I deposited $5000.00 that i needed for school. I then looked at my account a few days later and noticed 400.00 was gone. They told me it was from a past account that had unpaid overdraft fees. I went in and tried to fix it, there was no working with me and they said that a different company handles this. so the $400.00 was unusable in my account and on hold. i asked them If they could just pay the fees with that $400.00 on hold, they told me that I would have to pay the collection company then they would take the money off hold. So I paid the collection company, then another $400.00 was withdrawn from my account. They stole $400.00 from my account. This was a few years ago but ever since then I have had numerous overdraft fees, that were pennies and I was charged $180.00 for. They also take $5.00 from each account every month, even though I have the minumum amount of money in them to avoid monthly maintnence fees. So tonight I go online to my accounts and try to make a tranfer. For some unknown reason it will not work. This is the last draw, TCF steals your money, DO NOT BANK with them, they are the worst bank I have ever dealt with.

• Aj
    aj8435 Oct 28, 2011

I bank at TCF and I can tell you this cash is ALWAYS available immediately.

• Ca
    CamilleM79 Oct 23, 2011

I found out today that they hold cash deposits until the next business day if the deposit was made after 3pm. So if you deposit cash at 3:30 Friday afternoon, you can't have access to it until monday! Why is cash being held to clear??? You can't get more of a sure thing! I am switching banks asap.

Nutrendce Oct 22, 2011

To lovesbrollers, switch to a credit union is exactly what I plan to do. Thanks for the bais comment by the way.

Nutrendce Oct 22, 2011

To Ms. Nirple, do you really think I would agree to this when I signed up with this bank 15 yrs ago. This is a brand new change in terms effective this month with no opt out option.

To olisbos:
    Unforseen medical expenses for my son caused me to overdraft. I am all about accountability, charging me a per transaction fee is an acceptable penalty. So I guess it's ok for banks to get bailed out when they mismanage their money but taxpayers like myself just get skrewed.

Nutrendce Oct 22, 2011

Well TCF, a new class action lawsuit I am sure will be coming your way thanks to your new daily overdraft fees of $28 a day!! I have been a customer for over 15yrs and I will be closing my account and going with my local credit union. Enjoy the money you have stole from me and you can keep the .02 cents of interest I'm getting on my crappy savings account! When is someone going to bail out the hard working citizens of America instead of these greedy, self-serving BANKS!!!

• TCF Bank is NOT a good bank. They look for ways to Rob you rather than help you. They don't offer any assistance, programs, or fess up to their mistake. Once this all over I am going straight to Wells Fargo. They really care about YOU as individual rather than person they can get over on. TCF Bank sucks!

• They love to rob you rather than help you! TCF Bank is not a good place to bank with they are out to hurt people rather than helping them. Wells fargo is the best. They look for ways to help you. TCF Bank look for ways to take your money!

• I am a single working mother who have done everything in my power to get my finances right. Thankfully, I have been working steady for the past 3 years. TCF Bank has been nothing but rude and robbing I blind because of being laid off for over a year back in 2017 so my credit has declined horribly. I am doing best I can overcome this tragic financial event in my life. To this date I have assess $665.00 on an old account I have with them and $700.00 in over draft fees. I started watching my account very closely and very, very selective about the checks that I write out. When I discover that TCF Bank takes the Highest to lowest instead of what transaction happens first second and third it has put a awful strain on my family, being behind on various bills. I have went to the branch on Brooklyn Blvd and asked for help such as Overdraft Protection Loan the woman there was so mean and humiliated me so bad that she did not let me fill out an application and basically kicked me out the bank. I just cannot afford to keep paying $35.00 per transaction that they pick and choose to lead me up to paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars in over draft fees. I don't know if you can help or not. I just need them to stop humiliating me and overcharging me like this. I am on mission to stop them from doing this to me. My hands are tied to this bank until everything is all cleared up. They are unable to help from paying such high fee from them picking and choosing I have to take my business elsewhere that is willing to help me than to hurt me.

• Bl
    BLOW UP TCF BANK PHN LINES Jun 27, 2011

I was just charge 50.00 in fees for a transaction I did 2 weeks ago WTF

• Ba
    bambambam31 Apr 06, 2011

The bank can't cancel automatic withdrawals, YOU have to be the one to do that, since you're the one who authorized them.

You told them you were closing the account, but you never said that you actually closed it.

• Ki
    Kim Mooneyham Apr 05, 2011

On 2/28/11 my husband and I closed our business checking account due to the availability of deposits and excessive fees. After we notified the TCF employee that we were closing this account we have received over 800.00 in fees - the bank is still putting through transactions even though I have notified them to closed the account and cancel any and all auto withdrawls - they seem to do whatever it is they please. So tired of this bank - how can they get away with this?????

pobarjenkins Apr 05, 2011

Have you tried opening an account at a non-credit union? They can be more strict at times.

• Dl
    dlhall Apr 04, 2011

A few years ago I opened a new account with a different bank. I forgot to change my information with Apple Itunes and when I purchased some music, they charged the TCF account that I was no longer using. It went into overdraft status and they closed the account after zero activity and reported me to check systems. Three years later, I am in Alabama trying to open a checking account with a credit union and they said I cannot open an account because I owed TCF money. A little shocked, I investigated and found the mistake and immediately paid the balance owed. Two months have passed and I tried to open a checking account, it still showed on check systems. I was unable to open an account. I called TCF and they said there was nothing they could do, it will be on my record for 5 to 7 years. I asked her, "So am I to expect that I will not be able to open an account for 7 years?!". She fakely apologized and said yes. Then had the audacity to ask if there was anything else she could do for me. Well, yeah, but you won't do it. I have never encountered anything like this and I recommend you do not do business with this bank. They are unhelpful and unwilling.

pobarjenkins Feb 18, 2011

Also that picture is very blurry. You should post a different picture.

pobarjenkins Feb 18, 2011

If your account is NSF it means that you spent money you didn't have. If you request a reversal, they may get rid of some of the fees, but you should be more careful.

James B Nelson Feb 18, 2011

I went to a red box last week and got my son CJ two movies he was sick that ended up costing me one hundred and ten dollars since I’m in school money is very tight I’m back in school cause my company closed and decided to only keep their only operation in china. Now my bank is gouging me with crazy fees???? who can you contact to change these fees’ No one TCF robbed me I’ve never felt so foolish as to be taken advantage of by the big Banks

Comments

pobarjenkins Dec 03, 2010

You know how you can avoid those fees? Opt out of overdraft protection and stop spending money you don't have.

• Dr
    Dr Kallen Funk Dec 03, 2010

We've all heard the term "Bank Robbers" before, but TCF Bank has taken that term on LITERALLY! They are boldly and unjustly stealing from the hardworking individuals who have trusted them to "Bank" their money! The will hold as many transactions pending when a persons balance is low, and wait for the moment they overdraft by more than a dollar, and BAM post every single transaction that's within the 3-5 allowed business days. Not only do they post it conveniently after you've overdrawn, but then they will hit you with with a $35 on each and every pending transaction within the allotted 3-5 business days! That is complete ###! You mean to tell me for a total of 15 dollars, you are going to charge in the upwards of $210 in overdraft fees? You must be insane. I can tell you this much, after this last stint with TCF, I can proudly say that I will NOOOOO longer be entrusting my money with Americas common day theif! TCF KISS MY ###!!!

pobarjenkins Oct 20, 2010

You went negative. It's your fault.

• Mi
    mistapropanyl Oct 20, 2010

from the looks of it you're just a student who can't manage his money. As a fellow student I'm part of 2 other banks and I must say TCF is one of the best things that has happened to me, along with very generous hours they also removed over a hundred dollars in overdraft fees when I had to go negative for my tuition.

• Tc
    TCF Incompetence Oct 05, 2010

I tried to cash a check a TCF and they would not cash it, even though I have a business relationship there. I then asked if they would take an American Express check, and they said they would. They would not however take another check that was drawn on a large national bank. I then went to another TCF branch and they gladly accepted the original check and cheerfully counted out the money due to me. So the moral here is, if you run into a bunch of low paid ###s that seek power they don't have -- go to the next branch and they should take care of you. What a bunch of incompetent jerks at the first branch. Go figure. Dorks.

• Pe
    Peter Brissette Oct 05, 2010

TCF Bank hates their customers!

It is surprising to me that during this time of a difficult economy and many people struggling to get by that a Bank like TCF Bank would not see to it that they would try to do their best to take care of their customers.

The last year has been a very difficult one financially for me and I am doing everything I can to make it by. $175.00 may not seem like much money to most but it is the difference in making the rent or not for me. TCF Bank does not care about that. All they care about is their policy.

I recently had a situation where money was mistakenly taken from my account. It was because of an issue that was not quickly corrected by the courts. When I found out that this was happening I was able to get it corrected within 24 hours and TCF Bank put the money back into my account within that time frame.

That was great and a quick turnaround of getting the money back once they got the corrected information.

During this 24 hour process I was in communication with the branch trying to make sure what needed to be done and how to get the problem resolved and how to avoid any NSF fees. Nothing was ever said to me about there being a potential problem with NSF fees and how it could be corrected.

However because of the money being taken out it caused $175.00 in over draft fees. Over draft fees that really never should have happened and that TCF Bank will not refund. TCF Bank says that technically it wasn’t a mistake by them so they should not refund the money. I agree technically it was not their mistake. However, they could do the right thing for their customer and refund the money.

I have talked to their customer service and to the branch manager to no avail. It was not their fault so they do not have to return the money.

What happened to doing the right thing for the customer especially given these economic times, especially when the customer is begging them to do it. Why can't they look past their policy and consider their customer. It really is an unfortunate that they will not do that.

I hope that TCF Bank will get this letter and recognize that there are times when they need to be more concerned about doing what is right and less concerned about their policy.

Peter Brissette
    Extremely Dissatisfied TCF Bank Customer

• Mo
    moniasm18 Oct 05, 2010

I had an account at Tcf Bank. I went on negative 46.45 on mine student checking account. After I transfered money from my Chase bank to that account at TCF, they closed myaccount. Added a collection fee of 35 dollars and send it total 81.45 to the collection department. When I called them they said that they will cancel it. For two weeks I did't got any letter that it is canceled arleady. When I called themsecond time they said that they cannot cancel it and I still owe to the collection deprtment 35 dollars. It is some joke and not a bank. NEVER AGAIN I WILL NOT HAVE AN OPEN ACCOUNT AT TCF BANK. It was the worsemistake I ever made to have an account there!!!

• Le
    Leng vang Sep 10, 2010

I have the same problem. Many times, I thought that I have enough money in the bank, but I found out, I had so little. Many times, I felt that my money had been stolen in some ways that I don't really know. I heard a few people saying that their money was stolen, they got so angry. They talked to the bank and they got their money back because they kept a record of depositing and expense, which I didn't. I felt that I need to do that to make sure my money is not stolen in some mysterious way. I didn't have the proof but I need to have a way to check my deposit money and expense, so I could talk to the bank.

• Cz
    czwalk01 Aug 24, 2010

How sad is it, when the best bank I had EVER delt with, was in fact in CANADA. Royal Bank of Canada or (RBC) had everything posted IMMEDIANTLY when it hit my account. Checks, debits, bills, mortgage payments. If I touched it, it would out, posted and processed the second I did it. There was no delays, no waiting periods, no next business day b.s. And as for direct deposits - if it was sent - IT WAS THERE...

When I moved back home to the states, I figured open an account... I seen the "$50 free checking" signs posted and when I signed up for the account, I SPECIFICALLY asked questions pertaining to the information I posted in the above paragraph. They kept saying "yes yes yes". When in reality it was "no no no." I dropped them like a bad habit when "gas station" fund holds started.. but before that I had direct deposit. On friday at 12am it was in the account. I did my normal friday and saturday shopping and come to find out that Monday would roll around and I was hit with 300+ NSF. I had NEVER had that happen to me in my life and it won't happen again. I tried to close the account after everything was paid and they said "Oh we're still waiting on one gas station charge to come in" HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! When I was younger, I worked for a gas station. They processed and posted those accounts EVERY MORNING! SO IT'S NOT THEM WAITING AROUND ON THEIR [censor] TO DO IT. TRUST ME, THEY WANT THEIR MONEY JUST AS MUCH. But TCF makes their money if the account is messed up a bit and will continue to attempt to make you feel like its YOUR fault. I don't think so... So since they wouldn't close the account.. and stole over 300 from me easily in two weeks - I let it sit... OH then they called saying "How come you haven't used your account - I noticed that its in NSF for $16" Well... I could have went and paid the petty $16 but now its about proving a point. I don't need extra "credit" and I don't care so they can shove it up their [censor]..