Talbotscustomer service

K

On 5/31/17 I entered the Talbots located in Sea Girt NJ to shop for some clothes for a woman who has developmental disabilities. She was with me in the store along with another woman who has disabilities as well. As we shopped, my arms started to become weighed down with clothing and it was difficult to continue shopping with my hands so full. There were at least 6 salespeople in your store and not one single person came over and asked if they could assist us with anything. I actually had to track down a salesperson to find out where the dressing rooms were to which her response was "under the arches". After we had picked out the clothing we wished to purchase we made our way to checkout. As I stood there with my arms full, again no one even bothered to look my way until I finally just laid the clothes on the counter. The salesperson was too busy telling me about her much needed vacation to ask about our shopping experience.
I frankly am both appalled and beyond frustrated over this entire experience. I am well aware that your brand is pricier than most other stores however to be treated as we were was completely unacceptable. Not once did I ask for any type of preferential treatment but to be clearly ignored was disheartening. I can assure you I will avoid your store and highly recommend the same to my friends and associates. Your representatives had absolutely no idea who we were but clearly we were not treated the same as your other guests. Perhaps another store will welcome the $540 we spent.