Menu

complaints

Synchrony Financial Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
7 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Synchrony Financial at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Synchrony Financial. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Synchrony Financial complaints 7

Sort by:

Newest Synchrony Financial complaints

S
6:22 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had my lowes credit card for 3 years. Never missed a single payment. Actually paid early every month and often paid the full balance. Suddenly, yesterday my account is closed for no reason. I contacted customer service via the chat option and spoke with "Dan". He saw no reason for the account being closed and even stated that he would reverse the...

View 0 more photos
R
4:57 pm EDT

Synchrony Financial Charge on an amazon card my father doesn't have on amazon account

For over a year now, my father and I have been calling Synchrony for an Amazon charge in a card that he doesn't have. The last charge was for $987.52. His Amazon account shows a different card number than the one they are charging him for. After wasting an hour over the phone yesterday trying to resolve the problem, and another just right now, speaking with the person today was like the Abbott and Costello comedy routine only that it was not funny and it was beyond irritating. The lady on the phone kept insisting my dad's current Amazon card is the one he doesn't have on his account. I kept asking how an elderly person was going to rank all that money on a card that's not available on his account (or has a the physical card for). She kept insisting that was his current card and I was looking straight at his account in his computer seeing that it was not. We even called Amazon yesterday and we were told that my dad had bought something on the card that's on his account last year and he had paid for it. So he owes nothing on that card. No one from Synchrony gives us the time of day or gives us an answer that makes sense. I think we will have to get a lawyer to fight this, another expense my elderly father wanted to avoid, but he is very anxious about this problem and I'm anxious for him. You are a bunch of thieves.

A

Synchrony Financial App won’t work customer service no help

I copy/paste the log in information from online into the app and it tells me the info is wrong or I don’t have an account. When I use the find my account feature I use THE SAME copy/paste info and it finds my accounts but won’t link to the app. I tried calling synchrony’s customer service line. Agents suggestion was to talk to Amazon and/or Lowes, the two company’s I have synchrony credit cards with, as if they can help me with synchrony’s app issues. I tried chatting with an agent and her advice was “my accounts are in good standing” as if that fixes the log in issue. So. I give up. Deleting app.

Hide full review

Is Synchrony Financial legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Synchrony Financial as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Synchrony Financial stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Synchrony Financial should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Synchrony Financial earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Synchrony Financial achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Mysynchrony.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Synchrony Financial website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Mysynchrony.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Synchrony Financial and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Synchrony Financial has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 7 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the mysynchrony.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Synchrony Financial. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
W

Synchrony Financial Dissatisfied

This company is the worst. They do not care about their customers or their business. I have used my Ashley’s Furniture Account with them now 3x. But without warning, or notification they closed my account. They said despite the fact that the 2 times I had paid my account off early that my account was closed due to my credit score (medical billing and insurance issues not even my fault). They also did not care at all that literally my account WITH THEM. Has always paid over the amount due monthly and again paid off early. None of that matters at all to them. The app is now trash just like the company.

M

Synchrony Financial Don't waste you time! Go online instead of

Downloading this "App". This app USED to work. I was happy when I found this app and had wished I knew about it 2 years earlier when I had another retail acct. associated with this bank. Then before these "unprecedented times" occurred, I had applied for another cc account associated with Synchrony and I was happily and conveniently paying down my account until about 5-6 months ago. When I attempted to make a payment, there was an 800 number and a website, I think.
I'm so frustrated right now that I don't even remember what was on there.

I EVEN deleted the app and reinstalled it again and still to no avail.

M

Synchrony Financial LANDSCAPE

if only it displayed in LANDSCAPE on an iPad.
You see, while using an attached keyboard, the iPad display is LONG on the HORIZONTAL scale, which is called LANDSCAPE.

This app only displays in Portrait, which is when the iPad is TALL, shorter on the horizontal scale, in which case the keyboard is hanging awkwardly off the the SIDE and the user has to tilt his head SIDEWAYS to view the screen and it’s VERY difficult to use the keyboard.

Funny, it’s 2023 and a handful of apps are still lacking this - maybe top secret, pay-wall bit of code which will make the app a convenience, rather than another bit of wasted time.

R

Synchrony Financial Error codes

Tried making a payment on my due date (on a Sunday). The app kept giving me an error code, which prevented me from scheduling a payment. Received a late fee. Tried clearing everything up the next day with an associate and she said her system was fine on that day, couldn’t due anything about it. I had this happen a lot the first time I tried using the app. It would crash unexpectedly, wouldn’t allow me to access one of my multiple cards I have with Synchrony. I understand the app will have its issues, but the customer service didn’t exactly thrill me. They basically looked at it like I was the one having the network/device issues. Only a $28 late fee, just figured I’d let future customers know.

Overview of Synchrony Financial customer experience

Synchrony Financial has been riddled with consumer complaints, causing a stir in the credit industry. Their customer service is abysmal, with long wait times and unhelpful representatives. Many users have reported fraudulent charges or billing errors, which take an excessively long time to resolve. Their interest rates are disproportionately high, leading to exorbitant fees and financial burden for their customers. MySynchrony.com is also prone to malfunctions, with users experiencing issues logging in or paying bills online. Overall, Synchrony Financial is a problematic credit company with a laundry list of negative feedback from its customers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Synchrony Financial contacts