SynapseConnect, Inc.forced auto renewal

W Review updated:

RE: # [protected]

The terms to cancel current subscription came ATTACHED with new terms for renewal. No live operators - strictly automated and accept only YES or NO responses on their [protected] contact line - the ONLY line of contact excluding PO BOX.

I CANNOT simply cancel the subscription FREE & CLEAR !!!

The business practice is unethical and holds me hostage to continuing renewing the magazine subscrtiption I no longer want, albeit at lower rates and all...it's NOT good news, it's COERCION!!!

HELP!!!

• Ha
    hayjinee Apr 24, 2009

I just got a postcard threaten the same thing. Someone help. I cancelled this thing a long time ago, and somehow they're trying to debit me again.

• Fi
    five0323 Nov 18, 2010

I got a postcard today- 18 Nov 2010, and it directed me to call [protected]. I called and got the run around. Luckily I kept my email receipt. Use this address-[https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/10000041/home.do] to cancel your subscriptions; the 1-800, 877, 888 numbers are all crap! When I went to this website, I typed in my subscription ID# which is located on the postcard and was able to cancel all my subscriptions. Be aware that you must clear one magazine at a time. I checked to see if my requests when through by clicking "Order Status." My magazines showed "No Renewal." Now it is a waiting game to see what happens.
    If you need more info, contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com. Good luck.

• St
    steve whitaker Dec 17, 2017

Same here I called my bank I'm getting my money back my bank gave me a different number to call Ill give to any one that wants it you talk to a real pearson! [protected]

• Ke
    Ken in Dallas Jan 06, 2020

Jan 06 2020 - It's like dealing with a lobster with no banding on the claws. After reading the comments above though, I went to the website referenced [https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/10000041/home.do] and closed each magazine. They use small type faces and word choices like 'confirm' in ways that are very suspicious. I ultimately ended up on two separate subscription cancellation confirmation web pages, but!!! they both had the same confirmation number. Neither had my account number. I got the feeling I might as well have received two pictures of someone's grandmother. But, I saved a 'copy screen' of each as they did have different magazine titles and then emailed them to myself to record the date (which wasn't on the confirmations) and saved them. I'll be watching my bank card charges. If I need some future charge removed, the emails are dated proof of cancellation at their website to support my claim. What a pain. I'm keeping their little postcard too as it is the only source of my account number. I remember this type of problem all the way back to the 1950s. Their postcard dances right on the line between business and scam. I do believe that removing these charges and blocking his company with the bank credit card is the best way to go. When a charge is challenged, the card company sends a "What is your defense?" query to the vendor. If they fail to answer or don't answer to the card company's satisfaction, the charge is removed and/or the vendor can be blocked. Sending all your 'evidence' in your first contact with the card company is essential as they will not ask for a second go around between the conflicting parties. - Many, many words, but I hope they help someone.