Complaints & Reviews

Unauthorized $249 charge to credit card

SwipeAuctions claims I authorized a $249 purchase on 10/10 or 10/11/10 of a promotional “5000 Bonus Bid...

fraud want refund

I was on the auction site and had 4723 bids left in my account which I paid for on my credit card. I have...

$159.00 Refund

I apparently got sucked into this as well! I should have googled the complaints first and then maybe I could...

Refund

This company was somewhat deceitful in collecting my $159 sign up fee, but it did. Now I want my money back and they are doing their best to slow down the process. I submitted a lengthy request form (which had to be mailed by the way), a copy of my drivers license etc. to get my money back. At the time I didn't think much of it other than it was alot of work to get back money I was entitled to. Every time I chat or call with them they start by telling me that I didn't submit the paperwork and to call back October 31st to see what the status was. I couldn't get anyone to tell me that they did or didn't receive the paperwork other than the one individual. So now it's october 31st and I live chatted with them as I was told I had to do. They told me to call back on Monday when refunds was open. I have a feeling they tell everyone to call back on a sunday so they can keep my money for another day. What a scam!!!

• Ke
    kenoshaboy Nov 02, 2010

I just chatted online today (11/2) and was told that the company is winding down and couldn't process any refund. What a scam. Any idea what our recourses are right now?

MatK Nov 03, 2010

I've just had the same problem.

I contacted them after the initial 21 day refund period only to be told they needed an extra 4 days to process my request. They did confirm they had received the form.

Now as like above - I've been told the following -

" Swipeauctions is winding down operations due to merchant shutting down our processing and is no longer accepting new customers. In addition, Swipeauctions will not issue refunds for membership fees (see the Swipeauctions' Terms & Conditions). During Swipeauctions' wind down period, all products corresponding to already paid winning auctions will be shipped in accordance with the Terms & Conditions."

Any attempt to get anymore information from the rather unhelpful customer staff via live chat returns the following comment -

"Ashlyn#SA6730: I sincerely apologize, but I have no further details to provide to you at this time. As a livechat agent, I have not been fully informed of all the details behind the shutdown. Therefore; I am simply unable to assist you with any further information."

This is very frustrating and wrong on there behalf.

• Ji
    jimmyjam58 Nov 03, 2010

Same thing they told me. What a scam. They took my $159 and knew all along they were going to take it...it's part of the scam. I called my bank and they immediately gave me a $159 credit so I suggest you do the same. This guy ought to be hung up by his testicles!!!

• Md
    MDUPITON Nov 10, 2010

On october 1, 2010 I saw the commercial on line Isaw the price was 19.99 after i enter my credit card the charge was 159.00 I called rt away asking if it was a scam the operator reassured me no I still said
    I want my money back.they send me to a site for the refund application I sent it priority mail no answer when I call again they sent me to another site no application fund what do I do they stole my
    money just like whos protectecting us please help me
    my name is Margarette Dupiton 773-221-1747

refund

I have filled out all the paper work for my $159.00 refund, due to the fact that I think your site is a scam...

Fraudulent Charges

Hi Everyone
Warning stay away. I thought I was filling out a membership form however, I was Purchasing a membership! 159$ and then good luck getting a refund. I immediately contacted their customer service department ( a minute after the transaction was processed) and they told me I needed to fill out paperwork and submit for a refund. They said they could not just refund and cancel the membership. 6 weeks later no refund!I have conyacted Chase credit cards and submitted a dispute. This site is a total scam stay away!!!BBB next for a dispute.

Jenni53 Oct 27, 2010

Good Morning Guernelli,

My name is Jennifer, I am the Head of Customer Service for SwipeAuctions. I am very sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with our company and I would be more than happy to provide a positive resolution to your concern.

I see that you have already filed a dispute however if there is any other questions or concerns I can help you with please contact me personally at [email protected]

madjaydub Nov 01, 2010

Same thing happened to me Guernelli

After I filled out the refund form mailed it in and contacted SwipeAuction.com a couple of time. Today being the last were I was told they are shutting down and will not be giving out any refund. I have already sent in a complaint to the BBB and I'll be emailing you to Jennifer. I even tried to have my bank cancel the transaction right after, but for some reason they wouldn't. I'll be talking to them tomorrow.
    If it wasn't for that NBC lady I would of never tried this.

madjaydub Nov 01, 2010

Was told today on their livechat and the phone( neither of them help and they are rude) that ( word for word)-SwipeAuction.com is winding down due to merchant shutting down their processing and is no longer accepting new customers. In addition, Swipeactions will not issue refunds for membership fees.

I was trying to show the picture of my chat conversation, but I think due to my slow internet connection I am not able to, maybe tomorrow when I get to school.

I'm going to try and sign up again later with another email to see if I was lied to-Probably-
    SCAM

• Ji
    jimmyjam58 Nov 03, 2010

Jennifer (or whatever your name is) I hope you move on to a more reputable company or you will end up in jail on fraud charges with Mr. what's his name from Canada

peterlng Nov 04, 2010

same thing here looks like no refunds. attached is the conversation

peterlng Nov 04, 2010

Yep Same here. I have also emailed Jenifer, has she replied to anyones requests?

Attached is my discussion with the, i tried 3 times all with the same results.

Peter

Peterkh Apr 24, 2011

I am KH from New Jersey and same result here for charge of $159.

As there request on same day of dispute, I sent refund request with their refund authorization on October 16, 2010. As of today (Apr. 24, 2011), no response and no refund.

Everyone who read this messgae, stay away from SWIPE AUCTION.
    This was a chating for refund operator:
    Chat on 10-15-2010 04:35PM You are now chatting with 'Anaida#SA1224'

my refund of 159.00

i have contacted you people over and over for over a month about my refund of 159.00 you said i would get it...

Difficult & drawnout Refund process

I came across Swipe Auctions online and tried to bid for an Ipad. Their website is misleading and contains a lot of fluff but does not highlight the fact that they charged me $150++ when I registered (and provided personal as well as credit card information).

Because of this, I decided I did not want their business and avoided making a transaction. I also requested for a refund via the website's online chat (the only means of contacting them). I was instructed to mail in a Refund Form and contact them 14days after mailing out the form. The form itself indicates that I should get results within 14days.

When I contacted them after 14days, they then told me that the processing has increased to 28days and that I will have to contact them again. The form that they had me complete did not indicate anywhere that the processing time was 28days.

This is unacceptable and unethical and is a scam. I believe Swipe Auctions is deliberately making it difficult to get my hard earned money back.

What I want them to do is refund my money Asap via my credit card. I do not want them sending a check as I have read nightmares online about how Swipe Auctions keep giving reasons about being unable to close out a refund because of technical difficulties. All those are excuses.

I have kept records / transcripts of my conversations with the Online Chat option to help substantiate this complaint.

I want to let anyone reading this complaint to learn from my mistake and avoid any transactions with Swipe Auctions.

Jenni53 Oct 19, 2010

Good Afternoon RyanAS,

My name is Jennifer, I am the Head of Customer Service for SwipeAuctions. I would be more than happy to assist in your concerns of a refund or any others you may have. Please contact me personally at [email protected], please include your first/last name, user name, email linked to account and the link to this post.

Hope to hear from you.

• Ta
    taurban Nov 02, 2010

I, too, have been dragged along with the promise of a refund since Sept. 20th. It was supposed to have been issued on Oct. 19th. I followed up with their customer support today and they said they are "winding down" and will not be issuing any refunds. Looks like we are out of luck. Unless my credit card company can get the refund.

Fraud

My guard was down since the SwipeAuction link came from a family friend (should have checked since the source...

Stole my money

While on facebook, I saw a Google advert for Swipe Auction. I decided to take a look. Interested, to find out more I had to register. I looked at form and at no time saw anything about charges. Like ebay, before you can bid, you have to open an account. Again I checked and no charges. After submit. "Congratulations! I just gave them $159. Disgusted, I looked to complain. I found the one-to-one chat and eventually a two way typing conversation took place. I was told that I should have read the disclaimer before clicking submit. I wrote that I did. Shortly a form appeared on the screan clearly showing "If you press submit, you will be charged $159. I wrote back that that was not the same form...end of discussion.
I then tried to re-register and carefully checked everything. I used a made up name and bank details and got to submit. Then I stopped and checked. Still no mention of the $159 .
This was a brand new bank account I had opened with $100 to work on ebay. I rushed down to my bank and found I was overdrawn and in trouble. It was only because I brought the proof with me that I was able to get away without a fine.
I was able to downlaod a return form for my money. On the refund form it clearly states that you will not get a refund unless they can be sure it is you. They want a photocopy of any goverment issued ID that matches the attached information. They say this is required by their bank to prevent fraud. (what a joke).
This outfit will start up again when you you stop this one. If the B*****ds were in JAIL. maybe not. They are going to hurt a lot of families worldwide. With Christmas on the way and a recession to deal with I think the Canadian and USA government should step in and deal with these animals.

Jenni53 Oct 06, 2010

Good Afternoon Ray Conn,

My name is Jennifer, I am the Head of Customer Service for SwipeAuctions. I am very sorry you have had a negative experience with our company and I would gladly assist in any concerns you may have. Please contact me at [email protected] with your first/last name, user name, email linked to account and the link to this post.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Ray Conn Oct 08, 2010

Well now, for a start I want my money back. Make it clear on the form that you fill that you will recieve 300 bidding credits after having $159 deducted from your account. by just taking it, many young mums and dads may not have that or it is in the account to pay for a home bill. By you taking it thay are out several ways. Overdraught at the bank etc. If your producys and deals are so good and better than ebay you do not have to cheat. Looking at the list of companies that you have that have been under investigation does not give us confidence. When I get scammed out of my families money, I have to answer to them. To them them I am an idiot for giving you my banking details. I went down to my bank and put $159 in ten mins. They also advised me to cut up my card as you have indicated that you will be able to withdraw funds. Your refund form is wrong. It says if you fail to give exact details you will not get a refund. It asks for your order no on the email you sent. You DO NOT put an order no on it. Now you must know what your up to and pretty soon you'll be starting another co to replace this one. You claim 1 million reg on this site. At $159 each...wow! that's before you have any buyers. come on!!.
    I will send you the refund form. Is it a real address in Aurora?. I will not have the same bank no as my card was cut. I am not going to give you my private Government Issued details as they are my Green Card, Social Security Number and Passport.

Ray Conn Oct 09, 2010

WEBSITE TERMS OF USE

This is the new Terms for swipe auction. See 8. Scope of service.

1. AGREEMENT

These Terms of Use (hereinafter, the ' Agreement') constitute a legally binding agreement by and between SwipeAuctions.com (hereinafter, ' SwipeAuctions') and You (' You' or ' Your') concerning Your use of SwipeAuctions - website (the 'Website') and the services available through the Website (the ' Services'). By using the Website, You represent and warrant that You have read and understood, and agree to be bound by, the Agreement and SwipeAuctions - Privacy Policy (the ' Privacy Policy'), which is incorporated herein by reference and made part of this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT OR THE PRIVACY POLICY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE WEBSITE AND CEASE USING THE SERVICES.

2. PRIVACY POLICY

By using the Website, You consent to the collection and use of certain information about You, as specified in the Privacy Policy. SwipeAuctions encourages users of the Website to frequently check SwipeAuctions - Privacy Policy for changes.

3. CHANGES TO AGREEMENT AND PRIVACY POLICY

Internet and the applicable laws, rules, and regulations change frequently. ACCORDINGLY, SWIPEAUCTION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT AND ITS PRIVACY POLICY AT ANY TIME UPON NOTICE TO YOU, TO BE GIVEN BY THE POSTING OF A NEW VERSION OR A CHANGE NOTICE ON THE WEBSITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT AND THE PRIVACY POLICY PERIODICALLY. IF AT ANY TIME YOU FIND EITHER UNACCEPTABLE, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE WEBSITE AND CEASE USING THE SERVICES. Unless SwipeAuctions obtains Your express consent, any revised Privacy Policy will apply only to information collected by SwipeAuctions after such time as the revised Privacy Policy takes effect, and not to information collected under any earlier Privacy Policies.

4. ELIGIBILITY

BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD, A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND, AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate in any auction or purchase products made available through the Website and Services: (a) Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of SWIPEAUCTIONS.COM and their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries; and (b) immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse or domestic partner, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household as any person in (a) above. This Agreement is void where prohibited.

5. LICENSE

Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, SwipeAuctions grants You a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable as stated in this Agreement, non-transferable license to use the Website and Services. The Website, or any portion of the Website, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of SwipeAuctions. Except as expressly set forth herein, this Agreement grants You no rights in or to the intellectual property of SwipeAuctions or any other party. The license granted in this section is conditioned on Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In the event that You breach any provision of this Agreement, Your rights under this section will immediately terminate.

6. USER INFORMATION/PASSWORD PROTECTION

In connection with Your use of certain Services, You will be required to complete a registration form. You represent and warrant that all information You provide on the registration form or otherwise in connection with Your use of the Website and Services will be complete and accurate, and that You will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy by visiting Your account profile. For additional information, see the section concerning User Ability To Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information in SwipeAuctions - [[Privacy Policy].

You will also be asked to provide a user name and password in connection with certain of the Services. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password. You may not use the account, user name, or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify SwipeAuctions immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account, user name, or password. SwipeAuctions shall not be liable for any loss that You incur as a result of someone else using Your password, either with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by SwipeAuctions, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else's use of Your account or password.

7. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL

By establishing an account with SwipeAuctions, You consent to receive periodic email communications from SwipeAuctions.com concerning SwipeAuctions - products and services, including without limitation, auction confirmations and newsletters. You may opt-out of receiving newsletters at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each newsletter.

8. SCOPE OF SERVICES

(a) SwipeAuctions Marketplace

SwipeAuctions operates an online marketplace (the 'Marketplace') that enables registered users to view, bid on, and purchase products (' Products'). Each product auctioned through the Marketplace is auctioned for an indefinite period of time based on the total number of Bids (as defined in Section 7(b)) received by that Product.

(b) Bids

Before You can bid on a Product, You must purchase a membership for $159.00 USD which comes with 300 bids (' Additional'). Bids may be purchased in packs of 135, 300, 1325 and 3000 (' Bid Packs') for the then current price listed on the Website. Payment can be made by Visa only. BID PACKS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Once a bid is used, it is deducted from Your account and cannot be used again. SwipeAuctions reserves the right, in SwipeAuctions - sole discretion, to change the Bid Packs fees and charges in effect, or to add new fees and charges, by posting such changes on the website or providing notice to You. In addition, you do not hold SwipeAuctions - responsible for any overdraft charges or fees which you might incur during the ongoing Membership.

(c) Auction Structure

Each time a registered user places a Bid on a Product, extra time (typically a few seconds) is added to that Product's auction period (' Auction Period'), and the bidding price of the Product is increased by $0.01. An auction ends when the Auction Period reaches zero. The auction winner (the ' Winner') is the last user to place a Bid, as determined solely by SwipeAuctions - records. UPON END OF AN AUCTION, ALL BIDS USED ON THAT AUCTION, WHETHER BY THE WINNER OR NON-WINNER(S), WILL EXPIRE AND WILL NOT BE CREDITED OR REFUNDED TO THE RESPECTIVE BIDDERS. Winners are required to pay the final bidding price plus any applicable shipping and handling charges (together, the ' Total Price').

(d) Bidding Terms; Shill Bidding

By placing a Bid on a Product, You are making a legally binding offer to purchase that Product. ONCE A BID IS USED, IT CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED. In the event that You are a Winner, You hereby agree to complete the transaction and purchase the Product for the Total Price. Failure to complete the transaction and purchase the Product for the Total Price shall constitute breach of this Agreement, render You liable for all damages arising therefrom, and may result in the immediate termination of Your account.

YOU ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM PLACING BIDS, OR CAUSING BIDS TO BE PLACED, ON ANY PRODUCT FOR THE PURPOSE OF ARTIFICIALLY INCREASING BIDDING PRICES, MANIPULATING THE BIDDING PROCESS, OR INFLUENCING USER BEHAVIOR.

(e) Purchase; Payment

In the event that You are a Winner, You will be notified by confirmation page, email or other mechanism that You have won the auction, and You will be instructed to complete the transaction and purchase the Product for the Total Price. You must remit payment within thirty (30) days of auction end. FAILURE TO REMIT PAYMENT WITHIN THE 30 DAY TIME PERIOD WILL FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO PURCHASE THE PRODUCT, AND ALL BIDS USED TO WIN THE PRODUCT SHALL EXPIRE AND BE NON-REFUNDABLE. All payments must be made in U.S. currency. SwipeAuctions accepts credit card payment via Visa card only.

(f) AutoBidder

AutoBidder automatically places Bids on Your behalf up to the maximum Bid amount set by You (the ' Maximum Bid'). Your use of autoBidder constitutes a legally binding offer by You to purchase the applicable Product up to the Maximum Bid. BIDS PLACED BY AUTOBIDDER MAY NOT BE CANCELLED AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. YOU ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM USING ANY UNAUTHORIZED BIDDING SOFTWARE OR OTHER AUTOMATED BIDDING MECHANISM.

(g) Shipping

Unless otherwise stated, Products will be shipped within 72 hours of receipt by SwipeAuctions of the Total Price. Delivery will be made by our suppliers or, in limited circumstances, directly from us to the mailing address provided by You. YOU BEAR THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ENSURING THAT YOUR ADDRESS ON FILE WITH SwipeAuctions IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT. SwipeAuctions may, in its sole discretion, use third-parties to satisfy shipping and other obligations without prior notice to You. Delivery is strictly limited to the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. All shipped Products are given a tracking number within 72 hours of shipment. You may access Your tracking numbers by visiting the 'Won Auctions' section of Your account profile or by phoning customer service at 866-389-3870, available 8am to 9pm EST (M-Sa) and 10am to 6pm EST (Su), or contacting our LiveChat service.

(h) Monthly Contest

In the event that You are one of the top 10 monthly Top Bidders, for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, You hereby consent to any use made or to be made by SwipeAuctions.com, its advertising agency, licenses, and producers or publishers of its promotional material and its and their successors and assigns, any text or other material, prepared or created by SwipeAuctions.com or any of such other parties at its own expense, which text or other material depicts, quotes or otherwise is attributed to You with respect to the use or ownership by You of any product or service sold, provided or otherwise distributed by SwipeAuctions.com; provided, however, that no such text or other material shall hold up to public ridicule. You also hereby release SwipeAuctions.com and such other parties from any obligation to make any payment hereunder or from any other liability incurred with the use of any such text or other material in the manner provide above.

(i) Rewards Challenge

The Rewards Challenge tracks all of the bids which you have placed when bidding on Auctions in the lifetime of your account. As you place bids, you are granted a "Level" within the Rewards challenge. There is a total of 20 levels. When you complete Level 20, you are granted the then current "prize" at no additional cost other than applicable shipping, delivery, and administrative costs. Only one Rewards Challenge can ever be won in the lifetime of each account.

9. PRODUCT & PRICING INFORMATION

SwipeAuctions attempts to be as accurate as possible with product and pricing information; however, SwipeAuctions cannot guarantee that product or pricing information is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Except as otherwise noted, the price displayed for Products represents the retail price, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with industry practice. In the event that product or pricing information is incorrect due to typographical, informational, technical or other errors, Your sole remedy is to return the Product in undamaged and unused condition.

10. EXCHANGES; REFUNDS

If You receive a faulty Product and wish to exchange it for the same Product, please phone our customer service department at 866-389-3870, available 8am to 9pm EST (M-Sa) and 10am to 6pm EST (Su), or contact our LiveChat service.

You may return unopened, undamaged Products within fourteen days (14) delivery for refund of the final bidding price only. ALL BIDS USED TO WIN THE PRODUCT AND SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Please phone our customer service department at 866-389-3870 or contact our LiveChat service for complete return/refund details.

For refunds on membership fees, please download the Refund Request Form (http://www.swipeauctions.com/guarantee.php) and mail the original, hand printed form along with email receipt to:

SwipeAuctions.com
    Refund Center
    3124 S. Parker Road
    #A2-K271
    Aurora, Co 80014

Once we process your refund form and confirm that you have met the qualifications, we will issue a refund to your credit card for the $159.00 membership sign up fee. You have 90 days from the original sign up date to send your refund request to SwipeAuctions.com. You will receive a refund within 1-2 weeks of qualifying for the money back guarantee.

All bid packs purchased (with the exception of the one included with the initial membership sign up) are non-refundable.

11. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES

You hereby acknowledge and agree that by clicking the 'submit button, ' or taking such other action as may be designated by SwipeAuctions as a means of accepting this Agreement, You are submitting a legally binding electronic signature and are entering into a legally binding contract. You acknowledge that Your electronic submission constitutes Your agreement and intent to be bound by this Agreement. Pursuant to any applicable statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws including, without limitation, the United States Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, P.L. 106-229 (the E-Sign Act) or other similar statutes, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS AND OTHER RECORDS AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. Further, You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by other than electronic means.

12. PROHIBITED USES

SwipeAuctions imposes certain restrictions on Your use of the Website and the Services. Without limiting any other provision of this Agreement, You represent and warrant that You will not: (a) provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to SwipeAuctions or any other Website member or visitor; (c) impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity; (e) harvest or otherwise collect information about SwipeAuctions users, including email addresses and phone numbers; (f) use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to harvest or otherwise collect information from the Website for any use, including without limitation use on third-party websites; (g) access content or data not intended for You, or log onto a server or account that You are not authorized to access; (h) attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services, the Website, or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (i) interfere or attempt to interfere with the use of the Website or Services by any other user, host or network, including, without limitation by means of submitting a virus, overloading, 'flooding, ' 'spamming, ' 'mail bombing, ' or 'crashing'; (j) use the Website or Services to send unsolicited e-mail, including without limitation promotions or advertisements for products or services; (k) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any uploading or posting to, or transmission, display, performance or distribution by means of, the Website or Services; or (kl) attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by the SwipeAuctions Parties in providing the Website or Services. Any violation of this section may subject You to civil and/or criminal liability.

13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

The Website, all content and materials located on the Website, including without limitation the SwipeAuctions name and any logos, designs, text, graphics and other files, and the selection, arrangement and organization thereof, are the intellectual property of SWIPEAUCTIONS.COM or its licensors. Except as explicitly provided, neither Your use of the Website and Services, nor Your entry into this Agreement, grant You any right, title or interest in or to any such content or materials. SWIPEAUCTIONS, SWIPEAUCTIONS.COM and the 'SwipeAuctions logo' are trademarks or registered trademarks of SWIPEAUCTIONS.COM. The Website is Copyright 2010 to the present, SwipeAuctions.COM. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.

14. DMCA POLICY

If You have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that Your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and You want SwipeAuctions to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, You must provide SwipeAuctions with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit SwipeAuctions to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit SwipeAuctions to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which You may be contacted; (e) a statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, You must provide it to SwipeAuctions - designated agent at:

Attn: Copyright Agent
    [email protected]

15. DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

(a) NO WARRANTIES.

SWIPEAUCTIONS, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE.' TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SWIPEAUCTIONS, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. NEITHER SWIPEAUCTIONS NOR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NEITHER SWIPEAUCTIONS NOR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS HAS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. ALL NEW PRODUCTS ARE SOLD WITH THE MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY. THE WARRANTY PERIOD AND SERVICE VARIES BY MANUFACTURER AND PRODUCT. WITH OUT LIMIT THE ANY OTHER SECTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, SWIPEAUCTIONS, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS.

(b) YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE

YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU WILL NOT HOLD SWIPEAUCTIONS OR ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, AS APPLICABLE, RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, AND/OR USE OF PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS.

(c) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

THE LIABILITY OF SWIPEAUCTIONS AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SWIPEAUCTIONS OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES OR OF ANY ADVICE OR NOTICE GIVEN TO SWIPEAUCTIONS OR ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION. ADDITIONALLY, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SWIPEAUCTIONS AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE EQUAL TO THE AGGREGATE PRICE YOU PAID TO SWIPEAUCTIONS DURING THE SIX MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT OR INCIDENTS GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK AND IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN SWIPEAUCTIONS AND YOU. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.

(d) APPLICATION

THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT IN ANY WAY LIMIT ANY OTHER DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SWIPEAUCTIONS OR BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OF SWIPEAUCTIONS' ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNLESS LIMITED OR MODIFIED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SWIPEAUCTIONS' LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARE INTENDED THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THESE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE SHALL ALTER ANY OF THE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS STATED IN THIS SECTION.

16. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES

You represent and warrant that Your use of the Website and Services will be in accordance with this Agreement and any other SwipeAuctions policies, and with any applicable laws or regulations.

17. INDEMNITY BY YOU

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SwipeAuctions and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, sublicensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the ' Indemnified Parties') from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings (collectively, ' Claims'), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, arising out of or relating to: (i) Your breach of this Agreement, including without limitation any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; (ii) Your access to or use of the Website or Services; or (iii) Your provision to SwipeAuctions or any of the Indemnified Parties of information or other data.

The Indemnified Parties will have the right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by You of any Claim as to which You are required to defend, indemnify or hold harmless the Indemnified Parties. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.

18. DISPUTES GOVERNING LAW

This Terms of Use Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Alberta, Canada and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Alberta, Canada (without regard to conflict of law principles).

(a) REQUIREMENT OF ARBITRATION

BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, OR REGISTERING FOR THE SERVICES, YOU THEREBY AGREE WITH SWIPEAUCTIONS THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AND SWIPEAUCTIONS WILL RESOLVE ANY ARBITRAL CLAIM BY BINDING ARBITRATION BY THE ADR INSTITUTE OF CANADA, INC (' ADR') IN EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA. AS USED IN THIS AGREEMENT, AN ' ARBITRAL CLAIM' IS ANY CLAIM OR DISPUTE YOU HAVE AGAINST OR WITH SWIPEAUCTIONS OR THE SWIPEAUCTIONS INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, OR ANY CLAIM SWIPEAUCTIONS HAS AGAINST OR WITH YOU, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SITES, THE SERVICES OR ANY ADVERTISING RELATING TO THE SITES OR SERVICES, INCLUDING THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE BUT SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDING: (1) CLAIMS BY SWIPEAUCTIONS TO COLLECT FROM YOU UNPAID FEES AND LATE FEES; AND (2) ACTIONS FOR REMEDIES IN AID OF ARBITRATION OR EQUITABLE RELIEF RELATING TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, AS FURTHER DISCUSSED BELOW IN THE 'REMEDIES IN AID OF ARBITRATION; EQUITABLE RELIEF' SUBSECTION. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY NOTED HEREIN, SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED UNDER THE ADR SIMPLIFIED ARBITRATION RULES THEN IN EFFECT (' SIMPLIFIED RULES').

(b) WAIVER OF RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL

BY REGISTERING FOR OR USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU ALSO ARE AGREEING WITH SWIPEAUCTIONS THAT YOU AND SWIPEAUCTIONS HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL FOR ANY ARBITRAL CLAIM. IF FOR ANY REASON THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE IS HELD NOT TO APPLY TO AN ARBITRAL CLAIM, WHETHER SUCH ARBITRAL CLAIM IS AGAINST YOU, SWIPEAUCTIONS OR THE SWIPEAUCTIONS INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, BOTH YOU AND SWIPEAUCTIONS STILL AGREE TO WAIVE TRIAL BY JURY.

(c) JOINDER OF CLAIMS

BY USING REGISTERING FOR OR USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE, YOU ARE FURTHER AGREEING WITH SWIPEAUCTIONS THAT NEITHER YOU NOR SWIPEAUCTIONS WILL JOIN ANY ARBITRAL CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN A LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING; THAT NO ARBITRAL CLAIM WILL BE RESOLVED ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS; AND THAT NEITHER YOU NOR SWIPEAUCTIONS WILL ASSERT AN ARBITRAL CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE.

(d) NO EFFECT ON SUBSTANTIVE RIGHTS

THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DOES NOT CHANGE YOUR OR SWIPEAUCTIONS' SUBSTANTIVE RIGHTS, JUST THE POTENTIAL FORUMS FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES. IN ADDITION, YOU CAN STILL BRING ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE CONCERNING THIS AGREEMENT, THE SITES OR THE SERVICES TO THE ATTENTION OF FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, AND THEY CAN STILL, IF THE LAW ALLOWS, SEEK RELIEF AGAINST SWIPEAUCTIONS AND THE SWIPEAUCTIONS INDEMNIFIED PARTIES OR ON YOUR BEHALF.

(e) FINALITY, APPLICATION OF ARBITRATION AWARD

ANY ARBITRATION AWARD MADE AFTER COMPLETION OF AN ARBITRATION IS FINAL. AN AWARD AND ANY JUDGMENT CONFIRMING IT ONLY APPLIES TO THE ARBITRATION IN WHICH IT WAS AWARDED AND CANNOT BE USED IN ANY OTHER CASE EXCEPT TO ENFORCE THE AWARD ITSELF.

(f) INTERPRETATION

In rendering an award, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive and procedural law of Alberta, Canada, without regard to its choice of laws principles. The arbitrator shall not have any power to alter, amend, modify or change any of the terms of this Agreement, nor to grant any remedy that is either prohibited by the terms of this Agreement or not available in a court of law.

(g) HEARINGS; FEES & COSTS

Either party may demand that any required arbitration hearing or hearings be conducted other than in person, even if the Simplified Rules would otherwise have provided for an in-person hearing. Any required hearing fees and costs shall be paid by the parties as required by the Simplified Rules, although the arbitrator may, in the award, allocate all or any part of the costs of the arbitration, including the fees of the arbitrator and the reasonable attorneys' fees of the prevailing party. If any party files a judicial or administrative action asserting a claim that is subject to arbitration and the other party successfully stays such action or compels arbitration, the party filing that action must pay the other party's costs and expenses incurred in seeking such stay or compelling arbitration, including attorney's fees.

(h) REMEDIES IN AID OF ARBITRATION; EQUITABLE RELIEF

This agreement to arbitrate will not preclude either You or SwipeAuctions from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration, including without limitation orders to stay a court action, compel arbitration or confirm an arbitral award, from a court of competent jurisdiction. Furthermore, this agreement to arbitrate will not preclude either You or SwipeAuctions from applying to a court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief, as necessary, to preserve the intellectual property rights of You, SwipeAuctions or third parties. THE PROPER VENUE FOR ANY ACTION PERMITTED UNDER THIS SUBSECTION REGARDING 'EQUITABLE RELIEF' WILL BE THE COURTS LOCATED IN EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA; THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THE VENUE AND PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.

19. TERMINATION

WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, SWIPEAUCTIONS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN SWIPEAUCTIONS' SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. This Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event that You breach any of this Agreement's representations, warranties or covenants. Such termination shall be automatic, and shall not require any action by SwipeAuctions. You may terminate this Agreement and Your rights hereunder at any time, for any or no reason at all, by providing to SwipeAuctions notice of Your intention to do so, in the manner required by this Agreement.

(a) Effect of Termination; Survival

Any termination of this Agreement automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to You under this Agreement, including all rights to use the Website and Services. Upon termination, SwipeAuctions may, but has no obligation to, in SwipeAuctions' sole discretion, delete from SwipeAuctions' systems all User Content, Your Personal Information and any other files or information that You made available to SwipeAuctions or that otherwise relate to Your use of the Website or Services. Subsequent to termination, SwipeAuctions reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent Your unauthorized use of the Website and Services, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP mapping and direct contact with Your Internet Service Provider. Upon termination, all rights and obligations created by this Agreement will terminate, except that Sections 1-4, 6, 8-12, 14-21 will survive any termination of this Agreement.

(b) Legal Action

If SwipeAuctions, in SwipeAuctions' discretion, takes legal action against You in connection with any actual or suspected breach of this Agreement, SwipeAuctions will be entitled to recover from You as part of such legal action, and You agree to pay, SwipeAuctions' reasonable costs and attorneys' fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The SwipeAuctions Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to You or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of this Agreement.

20. NOTICES

All notices required or permitted to be given under this Agreement must be in writing. SwipeAuctions shall give any notice by email sent to the most recent email address, if any, provided by the intended recipient to SwipeAuctions. You agree that any notice received from SwipeAuctions electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such notice be in writing. YOU BEAR THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ENSURING THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE WITH SWIPEAUCTIONS IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT, AND NOTICE TO YOU SHALL BE DEEMED EFFECTIVE UPON THE SENDING BY SWIPEAUCTIONS OF AN EMAIL TO THAT ADDRESS. You shall give any notice to SwipeAuctions by means of email or by contacting Live Chat.

21. FORCE MAJEURE

You acknowledge and understand that if SwipeAuctions is unable to provide the Services as a result of a force majeure event SwipeAuctions will not be in breach of any of its obligations towards You under this Agreement. A force majeure event means any event beyond the control of SwipeAuctions. In the event SwipeAuctions is affected by a force majeure event, it shall promptly notify You of the estimated extent and duration of its inability to perform or delay in performing its obligations, on a reasonable efforts basis. SWIPEAUCTIONS SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER FORM OF LIABILITY FOR FAILING TO PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH FAILURE IS AS A RESULT OF A FORCE MAJEURE EVENT.

22. GENERAL

This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between SwipeAuctions and You concerning Your use of the Website and Services. This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of SwipeAuctions or by the unilateral amendment of this Agreement by SwipeAuctions and by the posting by SwipeAuctions of such amended version. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties'' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. This Agreement and all of Your rights and obligations hereunder will not be assignable or transferable by You without the prior written consent of SwipeAuctions. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. You and SwipeAuctions are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. Except for the SwipeAuctions Parties and the Indemnified Parties as and to the extent set forth in Sections 11, 16, and 20(b), and SwipeAuctions' licensors and suppliers as and to the extent expressly set forth in Section 14, there are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that any actual or threatened breach of this Agreement or infringement of proprietary or other third party rights by You would cause irreparable injury to SwipeAuctions and SwipeAuctions' licensors and suppliers, and would therefore entitle SwipeAuctions or SwipeAuctions' licensors or suppliers, as the case may be, to injunctive relief. The headings in this Agreement are for the purpose of convenience only and shall not limit, enlarge, or affect any of the covenants, terms, conditions or provisions of this Agreement.

Please Send All Mail Here:
    Wesitebury On Trym
    Aurora, CO 80014
    Bristol BS9 3BH

Ray Conn Oct 09, 2010

Just thought I would let all the people that Willms and his team have scammed and that includes jennifer, also Jesse I am not against people who are GAY. I have a gay nephew and he is great.
    I bought the domain name www.the jessewillmsstory.com I have it for sale at $30, 000.
    I am sure after Jesse goes to Jail of someone pays him back that some young film maker from Hollywood will want to feature the biggest internet thief of all time. Jesse Willms.
    I still want my $159 back. I will continue with this till I get it.

• Ho
    hopetheyburn Nov 19, 2010

hello my name is Fred Graden went to swipe auctions looked around and said hmmm maybe i'll join the next thing i know is there is 159.00 taken from me on the spot so i called the # mind you this is 3 months ago so i said let me call then, , okay so i do and i get a girl that says they are no longer taking new customers and any customers with a problem well might as well go suck on an egg !!! so FOR ALL WHO ARE WAITING FOR REFUNDS FROM THIS STICKUP COMP: YES I HAVE BEEN ROBBED BY THEM AND I HOPE THEY ALL BURN IN HELL!!! THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT

collecting money without proper authorization

Wish I had been smart enough to do a check on Scambids before i signed up (as i usually do) but I also got...

Unauthorized $159.00 Credit Card Charge

Use caution or avoid Swipe Auctions or Swipe Bid. Not realizing there was a "charge" for "looking and considering" my journey begins to recover my $159.00 that was "Swiped".

Jenni53 Sep 29, 2010

Good Morning Smrober,

My name is Jennifer, I am the Head of Customer Service for SwipeAuctions. I assure you we do not have a charge for looking and considering, we have a charge for registering as we offer our hourly, daily and monthly (Honda Civic) contests upon completion of registration. As well we do have a disclosure of our membership fee directly above the "Start Bidding" button, please see attachment.

I would be more than happy to provide you a positive resolution in regards to a refund or any other concerns you may have. Please contact me personally at [email protected], please include your first/last name, user name, email linked to account and the link to this post. Hope to hear from you.

• Sh
    ShawnQ Oct 19, 2010

This happened to me too. Swipeauctions charges $159 to my card without properly notifying me. They also added a monthly charge for some other feature, again nothing that I knowingly consented to.

The site is very cluttered and designed to distract you from whatever micro-print notifications they may have there. The business practices of this company is sicking.

STAY AWAY FROM SWIPEAUCTIONS / SWIPEBIDS

• Hi
    hitlinks Oct 30, 2010

I don't recall ever seeing that screen when I was registering for the "Privelege" of viewing auctions. I too am now trying to get a refund. I have also registered a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the FTC. My next step is to contact my bank and report this as fraud.

• Da
    dastarz99 Nov 03, 2010

Don't know what you consider "clearly" states. The website does have some small print which is also only a few shades lighter than the blue background on the charge of $159. However, most consumers/bidders are experienced in the "ebay" process. Which as everyone knows records your credit card information and holds it until you make a purchase. Even then it prompts you if you want to use what is on file vs. some other means of payment. I argue that the SwipeAuction knowingly mislead consumers into signing up. Even using marketing schemes saying they were better than ebay. Yet another luring ploy to get consumers to sign up to their website.

11/03/10 FYI - SWIPEAUCTIONS website and business has been shutdown and No One will recieve a REFUND for anything. Call for yourself (866-389-3870)

If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit against SWIPEAUCTIONS please post. I will gladly sign up.

• Tw
    twisstedagenda Nov 08, 2010

I initially posted a complaint about Swipe Auctions, regarding a $159.00 credit card charge. When you put your information into the account regarding how you will pay for your purchases, you need to READ THE TEENY TINY SMALL PRINT that accompanies the "agreement" before clicking 'I agree'. I did indeed get my $159.00 back, however, I called my credit card company the very day I registered to inform them of fraudulent activity on my account. I also emailed Jennifer, as noted on the Swipe customer service instructions. Jennifer stated she had credited back the $159.00 and deactivated my account on the very next business day. I called my credit card company to verify the credit and they informed me that yes, it had been removed. Know before you click...read all the small teeny tiny print, then call your credit card company prior to making any demands of the purported business you're dealing with. It saved me a massive coronary. Good luck to all and stay off sites such as Swipe. You get what you play for...remember that. Nothing's free, or next-to-nothing.

Unethical Marketing

I am not here to slam a respectable charity. I am here to slam World Vision, Feed the Children for their association with SwipeAuctions. Why would any honorable charity want to be linked to such a scamming website as this? I found some of the answers today and would like to share here:

SwipeAuctions and World Vision, an unholy alliance?

I hate scamming of any type. I hate scamming online merchants and especially hate scamming charities that are sworn to help the needy but instead use many of the funds raised to supplement their manager’s lavish lifestyle and greed. After some research today it would appear that the unholy alliance between Jesse Willms’s Swipe Auctions Penny Gambling Website and World Vision would not be so far fetched as I first thought.

Is it possible that World Vision has a very checkered past and present, with allegations of frauds and scamming? Does it seem to be a partnership of like minds melding into a natural combining of unscrupulous talent? You decide whether this type of fundraising is what you would expect from any charitable foundation. Just take a look at information found today following a Google search of “World Vision children's charity scam”

From: “Larry Probus”<[protected]@worldvision.org>
Reply-To: <[protected]@aol.com>
Subject: Part Time Job Opportunity – WORLD VISION
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 22:39:23 +0100
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, My name is Larry Probus, i work for ”THE WORLD VISION CHARITY ORGANIZATION”.I would be
very interested in offering you a part-time paying opportunity.See the attachment for detailed
information on this offer.
Larry Probus
www.worldvision.org.uk
(Information included in this application form is between you and me, and the full name and contact info should be included as it should be written on the payments being issued over to you, you should also include a valid phone number for easy contact)
ATTESTATION
According to how you have been briefed earlier by me. You are required and mandated to receive funds on behalf of the above mentioned organization. You are to deduct 10% of all funds processed on a particular order and forward the balance payment via Western Union Money Transfer as I would be instructing you on receipt of my payments. You will notify me a week ahead if eventually you want to discontinue this so as to terminate all payment coming your way to avoid conflict. In agreement to this kindly append signature below
Larry Probus
Chief Financial Officer
……Building a better world for children

The World Vision Charity Organization
Posted 01-15-2010 at 12:01 PM by I Am
“Hello, My name is Joe Howard, the chief Financial Officer for The World Vision Charity Organization. I would be very interested in offering you a part-time paying opportunity in which you could earn a lot. This opportunity would be based on contract and commission terms and would involve quite a handful of trust and honesty.”

“This way, I will instruct our donors to issue and make these Payments (Money Orders and cashier checks) out to you in your name, you could then process them easily, deduct ten percent ( 10%) of the total amount of each payment you receive as your commission for the great service you have rendered in support to saving life's in the third world and then have the rest wired to our Organization via Western Union Money Transfer. The Western Union Service fee should also be deducted alongside your 10% commission charge before having the rest wired via Western Union.”

Joe Howard
Chief Financial Officer
...Building a better world for children

It is my opinion formed from reading these two job offers from World Vision’s Chief Financial Officers, that they are in serious need of a marketing strategy that would at least appear to be less scamming and criminal. Maybe Jesse Willms could exchange some of his expertise in marketing for a better public image as being a very charitable, ethical, and honorable man, if this transaction has not taken place yet.

I was interested in finding that the charitable organizations have watchdogs too, not much dissimilar to the penny auctions watchdogs that oversee these auction sites. I wonder why our credit card company Visa hasn’t issued a similar ALERT to Jesse Willms scams??

Donor Alert!
Feed the Children Fires Accountants
Ministry Fires Two of its Own Accountants After They Report Potential Fraud or Illegalities to the Ministry’s Board.

Feed the Children, long accustomed to controversy yet still the largest ministry in the MinistryWatch.com database with nearly $1.2 billion in revenues, is being sued by its former Controller and another staff accountant for wrongful termination. According to the Oklahoman’s website, the two accountants claim that they were wrongly fired after going over their boss’s head to report what they believed to be the Chief Financial Officer’s intentional refusal to pay $1.1 million in taxes owed to the state of Oklahoma. Thus far the ministry and its Chief Financial Officer have not responded to these allegations. This is the sixth lawsuit the ministry has faced this year, including a lawsuit from five former board members who were relieved of their duties and then fought for and regained control of the ministry. As part of a settlement concerning the leadership of the organization, their news release states, “Under the terms of the settlement, Larry and Frances Jones will relinquish operational controls, giving them more time to continue with the organization in the capacity as spokespersons with responsibilities for generating support for the organization. The board of directors will continue to be in controlof the organization.” Feed the Children has a history of controversy and accounting concerns, including the revelation that a former CFO once falsified the ministry’s audited financial statements over the course of two years. Also in the last year, an employee of its South African subsidiary has been accused of embezzling $100, 000 and it was also suggested in internal memos that Larry Jones own son has had work performed on his home with ministry funds and had a ministry credit card even though he was not a ministry employee. There are many other allegations as well, but there is no need to go into all of them as what has already been noted is sufficient to justify a Donor Alert on this ministry. It is clear that this is a ministry that is still struggling with acting in an upright manner, even after its recent court-mandated governance overhaul. Donors who have contributed over $1 billion to Feed the Children should prayerfully consider redirecting their donations to other similar Christian ministries that have a history of operating with integrity, efficiency and transparency.

I think we all know World Vision, it’s one of big charity organisations around the world. They promote sponsoring child in third world countries, supporting in health and education. In Australia alone, I very often see World Vision stalls in many Malls and their ads on the TV. Many of my friends are also participating in sponsoring a child through World Vision. But what I just saw today on ABC Foreign Correspondent just shocked me, speechless, if it was true.

• Ju
    Justin.A Sep 28, 2010

I do agree that World Vision has no moral right to sell their good name in this manner. Maybe Jesse Willms has seen this charity's bottom line (Over 1.2 Billion in deposits) and wants a piece of the action. World Vision has been hit with allegations of inappropriate financial conduct by their CFOs and perhaps one is a golf partner of Jesse Willms.

• Ju
    junkyarddog Feb 07, 2011

The Penny Auction Watch site is Major scam(pennyauctionwatch.com). Also known as "PAW".

PAW is a front for these dishonest penny auction owners to make their sites look legit. Penny Auction Owners plant positive experiences on here(Complaints Board) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that's bid on. They aren't in the business to LOSE money and will never ACTUALLY sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the "Auction History" section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest+fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, "penny auction website script" and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
    To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as PAW(PAW is a front). You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
    For EX, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques and unlucky because you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it's just a fake post planted by the Penny Site operator/owner.

Anyone can do this... so easy to make money. MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around federal gambling regulated laws. If heat gets to much, then shut scam auction down and create a new one. Repeat process.

Happy scammin'!!

I tried to post that on PAW(pennyauctionwatch[.]com) to warn good honest people BUT they wouldn't allow it to post.. I wonder why? ;)

So i'll just post away on websites such as this.

You use to could post on PAW right away but now they have a Moderator that must approve your post first.. I wonder why that is? ;)

I think we ALL know why that is :)

Unauthorized Charge

On Sept 12th 2010 I was looking for a site to sell some home items and came across AW-Swipe Auctions. I...

SCAM charged $159 not authorized

SCAM do not enter your CREDIT info. Thought I was ONLY going to be charged cents per bid. They charge my card...

scam

This site needs shut down and now. They get $159.00 from you and there was 12 auctions running, 4 of which...

New name same old scam

Swipe Auctions (swipeauctions.com) - new name - same old SCAM - check out the Swipebids complaints, bad...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices