Super 8 Worldwidecard charged

E Sep 09, 2018

I've talked to the super 8 we stayed at multiple times over our card being charged for smoking in our room. I made our reservation through Expedia for a smoking room. When we checked in we reminded the clerk we reserved a smoking room. He moved us from the first floor to the second. We proceeded to our room and came back downstairs for ashtrays. The clerk handed 2 ashtrays to us. We checked out the next morning. A few days later we saw the $150 charge for smoking in the room. I talked to the manager who informed me she's only on site once a week and that the employee that gave us the ashtrays had been fired that morning for insubordination. I asked if we could get a refund since the employee led us to believe that the hotel still had smoking rooms. The manager said that refunds take a long time to go through. I requested a refund she then told me she would ask the higher ups about it and call me back. I've called every week since then and haven't been able to speak with anyone about a refund.