Sunset Ranches. LLCSunset Ranches scam

R

this company advertises in the Pennysaver, City Paper, and online websites. For a number of years, they have offered cheap deals on 20 acre "ranches" in El Paso, Texas. The realty is that the land is "scrubland". Brandi Grissom, reporter for El Paso Times wrote an expose story about the Texas Attorney General, a Judge, et. al failed efforts to stop the land deal scams because a man commited suicide, people have lost their life savings, and the landscape in Sierra Blanca and Van Horn is dotted with old trailers, half buillt shacks, etc. from those who were ceated into this scam. When consumers default on the monthly payments, Sunset Ranches forecloses and takes back the properties. I canceled my contract with them within the seven day period after sigg the contract. This because of finding online that it was a scam. They simply sent me a package with a land plat saying I was owner of 60 acres for 40 acres price. (I fell for that!) It is sadi that what they are doing is barely "legal", but legal none the less. This makes no sense if they misrepresent what their "product" is. Hudspeth County or the State of Texas should assume a more aggressive effort to stop this scam. They get to send tax bills to thousand of duped consumers.
HELP THERE SHOULD BE SOME JUSTICE...

• Ar
    Armando Mar 30, 2009

What kind of goonball wrote such comments about Sunset Ranches? Sunset Ranches are honest people and over 2, 000 of the 20 acre parcels have been sold and I can't find too many people that are unhappy with their parcels except the disgruntled person who wrote the negative feedback. I bought 2 20 acre parcels nearly 4 years ago. 325 of my friends bought them as well. So who do you believe (The goonball or me?) If they were a scam, then the Texas Attorney General would have closed them down and the owners would have been arrested. The parcels have gone up in value from $8, 995 to about $16, 000 sine I purchased mine about 4 years ago and they continue to go up in value. They are nice because they are grandfathered under the original zoning laws which means that you can build structure without having to worry about city codes. There is water about 400ft. down and you can drill a well and make your own man-made lake as many have done. I visited there and found that many people have already built their own houses there and are living off solar energy and backup generators. It is quiet and peaceful living there and my prediction is that eventually development will begin there as El Paso is crowded and the next most logical place for expansion in the area is where the parcels of SUnset Ranches are located. Don't believe that pot head who wrote the negative article!

Stephanie Mar 30, 2009

I've been dealing with Sunset Ranches for about six years, and have been very pleased with their service. They do not hide information, to my knowledge. They have been very truthful with all of my questions - I verified information, and looked deeper at questionable aspects.

I am purchasing 20 acres for $8, 900. I researched the company and did not find any customer complaints. I also researched Hudspeth County, and its surrounding areas. I was not surprised to find the land is not exactly "prime." Why else would it be $8, 900? The truth is, it is 20 acres - prime or not. I have not seen my land, but I am not so naive as to expect a lavish, rich piece of property - I do know what to expect.

Complaining that the company forecloses on property not paid is not a legitimate reason to call the land deals a scam. I have often gone nearly four months without making a payment, and am informed each time the exact date and time foreclosure will take place as well as the minimum amount of money needed to be removed from foreclosure status. Sunset Ranches provides plenty of warning. There are also few fees associated with default. In fact, Sunset Ranches has one of the more lenient types of bill arrangements I've seen in a long time. They also offer a plan to help those customers unable to avoid foreclosure so the customer does not lose everything.

I was foreclosed on once - my mistake - not Sunset Ranches. My land was immediately transferred to another. When I was able to pay the past due amount, I was placed on a waiting list and when another property became available, I was provided the new land package. I was actually pleasantly surprised with my new plot. It is now about 30 miles closer to El Paso which to me was a plus.

When I do have a chance to visit Texas and see my land, I expect to find rough, mountainous and/or desert land, in a very rural area. This is what I bought, and I was fully aware of it. Is it worth the $8, 900? Its 20 acres! I am fairly certain, that at some point in my life, I will see a benefit of purchasing a plot of land for such a low price.

ScottyMax May 19, 2009

I am surprised that the county allows legal 20 acre parcel sizes in the middle of a wasteland. Here in California land like that could not be divided into anything smaller than 640 acres. I guess if you need to fulfill your need of becoming a texas cowboy through an overpriced prepackaged set up then what the hell. Land is only worth what people will pay for it. When a company has to spend huge marketing dollars for a SMALL properties solicited to several small investors, I can assure you that your not getting them deal of the century. You have to ask yourself, what does the property contribute, can you lease the ground, is the any development potential this century for the property, can it be planted to any crops, is any natural resources available, can you find water? If you can't answer any of these questions then the properties real worth is nothing, zip, zadda, zero. The only way the property has any value is your ability to convince someother poor sap that it has value. And since your marketing budget isn't nearly the size of the developers chances are that is going to be extremely difficult.

Debby King Mar 24, 2017

@ScottyMax 640 acres. I beg to differ. You see I live in California. I come from a large family all of whom have purchased raw land in Kern County from half an acre to 2 1/2 acre lots. We were one of the first ones to buy in this area when the ranchers here began to subdivide their lands. It was barren scrub land just like Sunset Ranches, now it is a highly populated oasis. The payment plan was no credit needed 1000.00 down and 100.00 a month. Now this was in the 60's and 70's when that plan bought you a very small lot. It looked good back then because there wasn't anybody around then. But it's looking pretty crowded these days which is why I am so happy about the 20 acres at Sunset Ranches. I've lived in California my whole life and I have never heard of this 640 acre thing you are talking about.not many people I know could afford to buy 640 acres but here we all are landowners in California anyway.

CharlesATX Jul 08, 2019

@ScottyMax Im an owner of several of these plots, and I beg to disagree with your statement "the only way the property has any value is your ability to convice some poor sap that it has value". I've been to see my lots, I looked on google maps to approximate the general area (who wouldnt? its the internet guys) and when I went out to see it it was even more beautiful than I had imagined.

Personally, I love the desert. I bought in this area because it was cheap (I live in the Austin are) and pristine and deserted. If you're looking for strip malls and bars and a taco bell, look elsewhere. Otherwise the value can be plainly seen upon visiting: solitude and a vast expanse of nowhere.

Of Sunset Ranches, I would have to say good things. They are always helpful (if not terribly polite over the phone) and so far have been as good as their word. I have nearly defaulted once but they were very plain spoken about what was going to happen. They gave me time to get back on track with payments. Its not a "miss one payment and forfeit your entire investment" sort of deal. The land is scrub. It is remote. there is nothing there but a few other landowners and the desolate beauty of the desert. Water can be found and a well dug. I dont think that mineral rights come with the property but Im not sure on that score.

When I say cheap, remember that I could have a postage stamp 1/8 ac lot with a house overlooking my neighbors kitchen, for a cool $500k here in Austin. Or I could spend a fraction of that for more space than I will ever find a use for and some solitude. Its not for everyone, but its definitely for me.

• Ji
    jiminj Jul 08, 2009

I am surprised that someone could accuse Sunset Ranches of running a scam. 20 acres is 20 acres my friend, and in the words of Mark Twain (or any of the other personalities to whom this has been attributed), "Buy land, they ain't making it anymore!" If you bought the land thinking you were going to get a 20 acre tropical resort for $8900, then you are truly the epitome of naivety. $8900 for 20 acres works out to $445 an acre. A steal. And at that price, of course it's not going to be prime real estate, but the point is to buy it as an investment, or to build your dream home if you don't mind well water and solar/wind power. El Paso is expanding... There's no denying that fact, and the logical place for the expansion to head is to the east. I'm holding on to my 20 acres and if I don't see the benefits from it in my lifetime (it's paid off, so I don't even worry about it), maybe my kids will be able to benefit from it. At the very least, I get the bragging rights to tell people that "Yes, I own 20 acres in Texas", and I'm happy with that.

• Co
    CowboyJim Sep 16, 2009

Is it all about sunset ranchs or the people the hire to do their work.Usually is the dead beat, people who drag the roads with old chain link fence and are getting paid to "grade our roads"Yes i am a old cowboy who is broke and lives out here in the ranch area.I have watched a certain short, fat, blonde guy screw over sunset ranchs by hiring poor unsuspecting people to do his work and then he doesnt pay them.
    This then leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth about sunset ranchs-its not the owner s creating this bad enviroment its the dozerman person -the man that puts you in his white truck and drives you around and shows you the desert land that is for sale-shoot this guy would lie to his mama to sell you that property and get his commission check from sunset of florida .He does it every day, day in day out just for the buck.
    So may be you should blame him instead .sunset just buys sections up, pays him to install roads and signs and to help sell this dead land to people from the cities who only have so much money in their pockets.Its then they find out the cannot survive in the desert with out spending money they dont have.The cycle then repeats.
    Most the land in that area sells for about 75.00 to 100.00 per acre and there is tons of it.Go to the local court house and tell them you want to buy some of their back tax property.They will be happy to sell it to you the same way they sell it to anyone.Well i have wasted enough of all our time here.Happy sailing.
    James
    ps ;
    i own mine free and clear too and there is good snake hunting everyday.

Robert Vernon May 28, 2018

@CowboyJim I am a newbie to this area and bought 100 acres. contact me at [email protected] and set up a meet in July 2018

• Da
    Danno29 Oct 11, 2009

We purchased a 20 acre track about 6 years ago. I have never seen it except on Google Earth, and one day I will most likely sell it. It is a well known fact that Hudspeth county Texas is a waste land for dumping toxic waste and everything in between. Just do a search on Google and type in Hudspeth County Texas. You will see that a bunch of waste from NYC arrives there by train, and lots of other stuff. They are dredging the Hudson River in NY right now. They are digging up PCB's that have been dumped there by General Electric. Guess where the PCB's are going to end up? Probably somewhere close to our land. It is on it's way to Western Texas. Exactly where remains a mistery, but I sure can take a good guess. Anyway, maybe someday a good rich company will want to buy our land so that they can dump there toxic waste on it and polute the ground water even more. Maybe someone will jump out there and stop all the toxic dumping. Your guess is as good as mine.
    Danno

Debby King Mar 24, 2017

@Danno29 Did you know that every community or city in America that has a sewage treatment plant is a dumping ground for sewage. Just say'n :)

• Da
    Danno29 Oct 11, 2009

Click this link or copy and paste into your browser. You will be amazed...

Danno

• Mo
    Mo Deemi Dec 08, 2009

Does the foreclosure process affect your credit, I heard owner financing does not report to the credit bureaus?

desertdog Dec 12, 2009

I bought 20 acres for 7500.00 and now they are selling for 16000.00. I don't know why anyone would label it as "wasteland", it's typical Southwestern brush country. I think it's pretty. There's no 'scam' involved..you look at the properties, and if you want to buy, you buy...Wheres the scam???

Debby King Mar 24, 2017

@desertdog Amen to that !!

• Do
    DocTao Jan 04, 2010

Danno,

Uh when was the last time you did research on the Sludge dump in Sierra
    Blanca, Tx. If I recollect the Sludge dump was closed for operation in 2003.
    Basically we can hold the past Presidential Administration, prior Governor's
    of the Great State of Texas for selling the environmental "Soul" of Texas to
    the highest bidder. Sierra Blanca's residents stood standfast and got the
    State legislature to halt the transportation and the "processing" of the
    Sewage Sludge from NY. This area had been tapped for possible approval
    for a Permanent Nuclear Waste Facility.Both high level and low level waste
    was to be shipped, trucked or trained to the southwest part of Texas. Again
    the stalwart few who gave a serious damn about our Ecological future said
    no Nuke garbage in our Backyard. It never happened as of yet. Now I am
    a property owner with Sunset Ranches and have yet to have any problem
    with the way they do business. Yes people, it is High Desert Land. What does
    that mean? Landscapes can go to being similar to the surface of the Moon, to
    scrub land known commonly as " arroyo" . It is not your Verdant Green
    Paradise, but beauty is often in the eye of the beholder. Yes, amenities are few
    but for the select few who are and need be resourceful it can be Paradise Found.
    It can and will be a test for the uninitiated, but the Night time skies can be
    awesomely inspiring, and the Milky Way can become like and old friend.
    Desert land is not for everyone. Not something to be entered into lightly.
    If you survive on challenge, and the will to make things happen, you might
    find the Desert to be calling out your name. Okay, you might get some
    sweltering days during the Summer, but on the average the Temps are in
    the Upper Eighties with next to no humidity. Comfortable sleeping weather
    at nightime the Mid- Sixties to Mid-Seventies. You get a little wind and a
    sandstorm every now and then isn't unusual. As far as I'm concerned it's
    new way of Life.

• Sp
    Space Citizens Jan 18, 2020

@DocTao I can't imagine how any of the whiners here could ever survive any hardship. I've been there done my research and water is at 400', septic systems must meet state health codes. Power is available on some of the properties but who needs it when you the sun and wind. I'm moving back there soon and I am looking forward to the challenge. Our ancestors didn't have cars and electric when they settled in the panhandle of Texas and Oklahoma. Some of the ranches have been handed down for generations. So if you can't see the value of peace and quiet or open clear skies to see the stars or Starlink at night put your pacifier back in your mouth and shut *#+"* up. One more tidbit for you. If Amazon President & CEO Jeff Bezos can buy it for Blue Origin or Richard Branson of Virgin Galactic I guess it has no value. Space industry here we come.

• Se
    seilock Jan 12, 2010

I have a question for every owner of Sunset Ranch. How are you so sure if your lot you bought haven't been sold before? Most lots in texas has been reported on USATODAY that it has been sold more than once. Have anyone made a contact with the county to see if their lot, because all lands have parcel numbers to identify with county and tax, that they are actually the owner or just some goonball paying off a large company until they call bankruptcy and can't be sued?? Do any of you even have a parcel or just going off of what you want to believe? If you haven't seen your land, make note and do go see it. Because owning land for years and not seeing it, well, you might as well buy a car and let someone hold it for you while you make the payments for the next six years.

Debby King Mar 24, 2017

@seilock My friend is already living there and she is extremely happy with it. I'll be joining her in a few weeks. As well as another friend who has indeed visited her land repeatedly calling it her "little piece of heaven". So what people think of the place just depends on the people. Period!!

Johndoe1963 Mar 14, 2018

@Debby King Debby, Did you move there? I am in San Antonio and thinking of buying a few lots there to hunt, shoot and camp.
    Daniel

Robert Vernon May 28, 2018

@Debby King I would like to make contact with you as I am a newbie and will arrive this July 2018 for my walkthrough and confirm boundary markers and begin to build my homestead. Please contact me at [email protected]
    and chat.Thanks Dr. Robert Vernon

• Wi
    William Ables Sep 09, 2019

@Robert Vernon I am about to purchase 120 acres and wanted to check on the water. I am planning on digging a well and was wondering if you have checked on this. I understand the water to be around 400 feet. Is that correct or should I expect to go deeper?

ScJax2019 Dec 28, 2019

@William Ables William, most registered high volume water wells in the Sierra Blanca area are 650 to 1200 foot and are about, on average, $30 to $40 a foot not counting pump and tank. Texas doesn't keep records on low volume water wells or seasonal water wells, so it is anyone's guess what you are looking at.

• Su
    Sunshine713 Jul 14, 2020

@Robert Vernon Hello, I know someone who owns 60 acres and wants to sell it. Any one interested?

• Ju
    Junkeon Feb 18, 2010

I'm a person who's, at most, happiest with something that I call my own. I've seen my big beautiful piece of God's gift to man and, as you can read, am very content with my perfectly priced piece of desert land. I can see all these discouraging comments come from people who may just want to scare off people from buying or keep their land so that, maybe, they and their friends can go and buy it up to profit from the little guy and basicaly suck our bloods out. Oh well. Some may just be looking for a clue and too scared to go find out for themselves. That's too bad. Mark my word, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder and, this is a beauty, to me. Those of you that don't apreciate what is there, you should pull that long rigid cane out and go take a long look at this place. If the view and the breeze don't take your breath away then, this isn't for you. Accept it and move on.

• Be
    Ben Browning Feb 24, 2010

I purchased a 20 acre tract from Sunset Ranhes back in 2000, and I checked with local authorities, city hall, and the BBB, in which they ARE a member. They are fine!!! I rode around and looked at properties with a longhaired cowboy, too bad I don't remember his name. But he was HONEST!!! He did NOT try to sell me a promise of an oilfield, or a gold mine. He told me the shortcomings. The roads are unpaved, and when it rains, and yes, it RAINS, people get stuck!!! The closer your property is to a mountain, the soggier your property will be, due to mountain water runoff. I paid on the land for a year, then defaulted and lost the land, because I had to buy developed property in FL and could not afford 2 properties at the time, and then I fell in love with and married someone who had medical issues and was unable to live under the circumstances in which this land provived!!! What I saw was exactly what I got. I do NOT think Sunset Ranches is a scam!!!

• Ha
    Harold Hawley Apr 18, 2010

If you do your homework it's all laid out for you. I grew up in the forth largest city in the United States, have lived in Austin and on Galveston Bay.
    I love the desert, the peace and quiet, and the possibility to build the type of green structure I want to live in.
    The land is not advertised as lush, heavily vegetated, trees, lake front or anything else except for what it is.
    The guy from California is right about the land, but he's wrong about California not selling this type of land except in 640 acres parcels.
    On a page like this you can type anything you like. The only problem is with the indignant postures spouting misinformation, it's just a dissapointment to me.
    In every state there are agencies designed to protect the public from all kinds of scams, and Texas is one of the best.
    If You are going to spend Your money on anything, it's up to You to do Your due diligence.
    This property is if you'll pardon the expression "dirt cheap", and during the time I have been looking it's gone up from $50.00 and acre to $200.00. I'm coming all the way out there next week to make a purchase, and by the way, you won't get mineral rights either.
    You get what you pay for and Texas desert land is not Beverly Hills, but it's peace and quiet, clean air, with lots of wide open spaces. If you have to have your shopping malls and subdivisions stay where you are. That'll leave a bit more space and less noise for the rest of us who appreciate the opportunities that this situation provides.
    If you are undecided, stay at home and figure it out. That will give me more time to find the best property for me.

• Bo
    BobHicks Apr 19, 2010

Land is land. Those of us that are property owners out here and Live out here Love It. Im very happy with my land at sunset ranches.

• La
    landguy74 Apr 21, 2010

According to Sunset Ranch's ad in Forbes Magazine April 2010 Edition, this land is located near the proposed "Travel/Space Center". So someone is lying or exagerrating the facts--who could it be? This company, with an excellent track record for selling properties at low cost so that EVERYONE profits or will profit? Or goonballs who are not seeing an immediate profit because they thought it was a get-rich-quick opportunity via real estate? Hmmmmm...I beg to differ. Regardless if this land is being tapped to be a major refuse or sewage waste disposal site, the buyers are investing in this land in an as-is risk type of relationship with the seller and chances are, like every commenter stated on this website, a major corporation will want to purchase this land for their operations to continue processing dumping or a risky developer will come in and decide to develop this land, which is located 50 minutes from El Paso which is growing abundantly by the month!!

Debby King Mar 24, 2017

@landguy74 My 20 acres is exactly 23 miles from the actual launch pad. How much closer would I need to be before it's ok with you if they advertise as being close to it ?

Steve R. W. Apr 28, 2010

Hello to all,
    Well I have discovered an ad by sunset ranches and have begun the process of searching out information on the company, on the land, on the sludge and so on.

We unlike many are interested in the type of land that is being offered. Build green, supply our own energy and so on. With that said we know this is desert land, not a paradise. I do wonder about well water, I have been told to reach water you need to dril 400 feet, I was also told 1200 hundred feet by a sunset agent.

My concer about well water -- Is it safe? On this land? I have read articles about the sludge and so on.

What I am thinking of doing is simply flying in and speaking to the local residents. Hear what they have to say, that or randomly contacting a local business and speaking to whomever answers the phone.

The wife and I would like to bring our horses to this land, have a septic installed, bring our 40 trailer to the land. There are so many questions before this can be done. Hell, will our trailer be washed away! during a storm! Does flash flooding occur on this property?

Anyone with honest answers please feel free to contact me [protected] my email address is [email protected]

I will say this I am not dilusional, I realize this is not prime land but exactly the oposite, it is however what we are looking for, no neighbors 20 feet away, rough, rustic, but peacful at the sametime.

ANY HONEST INFO WOULD BE APPRICIATED! hELL IF THE LAND ISN'T CONTAMINATED AND WE WON'T BE WASHED OUT WE ARE HALF WAY THERE.

• El
    elopez14 May 14, 2010

Well I just finished going to the land plots and in my personal opinion they are land that if you work with it, it will work back with you. I am from El Paso and the drive isnt that bad. To get to a restaurant from fr1111 and 180 is like 5 minutes and then the nearest supermarket from their is exactly 35 minutes to get their which in my opinion is not horrible. I am planning on purchasing a 40 acre lot in these up coming months. Their were people building out their already houses already built(mainly mobile homes) but still they had their septic and what seemed like water containers. I am planning on going fully green from the solar panels and septic system to either drilling a well or having company fill up a tank to keep drinkable water. Scam i wouldnt say it was but its gonna be a very long time before anything develops to that area so dont expect water, electricity, sewage or gas lines. I got to see some horses just running around with a great deal of cows and antelope which is great to see nature at its finest. Overall if you are planning on living off grid and have time to build i say go for it there is dirt road but it seems in certain parts of the roads it gets muddy. We took a nissan versa out while it was dry and had no problems getting around all over the place. Overall its dry like 90% of the time, there is flash flood warnings around that area but next time it seems like it rains i will go out there in my truck and see how it gets. Well if any decid e to buy land around there let me know [email protected] my wife and i will be building our own house out their and would be nice to know a few neighbors. Good luck !

Debby King Mar 24, 2017

@elopez14 I have such mixed feelings about septic systems. After doing alot research I wish more people would choose composting toilets and greywater filtration. Seems so much more friendly to the earth znd our water tables. But changing people's mindsets will probably take decades :(

• Te
    TexasLand May 25, 2010

Time will tell on this venture. I would love to hear from anyone who has land deed in hand and validated the purchase with the County of Hudspeth.
    I just financed 40 Acres through seller but who is to say I will ever see a deed? Like many I am worried "something" will occur beyond my control between now and the next 242 payments that will render my investment null. I rolled the dice; hopefully the company is just and true. I will attempt to determine the validity of this company. Below are my concerns;
    - I make payments with nothing that says I own anything., other than a non-official map and plot info from the company. (i am still waiting on the welcome packet - so we will see)
    - I provide my SSN to a internet site (crazy me), sounds like a 60 minutes special report coming.
    - The company is based in Miami (weird)
    - I sent Hudspeth Co land deeds a letter requesting information on that particular area (waiting on a response)
    - No one I can verify who actually "owns" land in this area - many are paying but where are the "owners"?
    - The land is remote

Debby King Mar 24, 2017

@TexasLand Lots of people with deeds in hand already. The truth is out there

• Bo
    BobHicks May 26, 2010

come out to the ranches I can introduce you to a few people that have a deed in there hands. Depending on which area you bought your property at as there are 4 separate sunset ranches areas. Fabens/fort hancock, Cornudas, Sierra Blanca and from what I have heard there is now one in Pacos area. Some areas have few inhabitants. The ranches around the Fabens areas has around 200 residents. Jack is the developer/owner and they are based out of Miami

• He
    hehehe75 Jun 11, 2010

Looking at the pictures on the internet the pictures appear to be scrub and generally devoid of vegetation in some pictures. I think you need to know how to farm in a desert environment before you sign anything. That was an interesting point that you made about more water runoff in hilly mountainous lots I will take note when purchasing properties. I am on social security and use to having very little, a desert procurers a lot of dreams but I suggest you just be smart about it.

• Te
    TexasLand Jun 24, 2010

It is not about what kind of "land" it is - I understand it is scrub land. As far as farming goes, I am not trying to farm in Arid Desert land.
    What I am worried about is how this land is being sold. You the buyer get nothing other than a picture and letter saying congratulations and a PO box to send money.
    - The evil thing here is; due to the fact it may take years to find out you has been duped.

It would be MUCH better if the Seller would actually "finance" the land in a traditional manner, which they don't. You, the buyer are left with all the risk, the seller has no risk whatsoever.

You have waived your rights to mineral rights on the property, and the seller states you are allowed to use your land right away. Once again, all risk is yours, building anything on this land is HIGH risk until you have a proper deed.

• Ww
    wweleckwww Oct 07, 2010

Steve

I live out on Sunset ranches near Fabens area my mom bought the property about 12 years ago and has been living out there ever since. I love the place. Me and my girls recently moved in to live with my parents they too love the properly. It is amazing out there. This is not a scam by far.

One of our friends had a well built on his propety and the water is clean and safe to use. He had someone come out and run test on the water to ensure that it was not contaminated. We used water from his well for some time and are alooking at getting a well in our property. We did not use the water for drinking purposes but we used it for any other daily use. We have generators that we use for power and solar panels as well.

We love it. There is many more families that live out here. I am buying another property that is right around the corner from where my mothers land is located by far this had been the best investment that we have done.

Very Satisfied.

• Ra
    ram c Oct 23, 2010

ask 4 a deed in your name with a lean to it that will be the sunset ranches as the lean holder.

• Lloralleaves Feb 02, 2011

I am one of those people who purchased sight unseen in 2003 then got nervous and searched the web for info...then lost it in 2008 when the state of WI sent my homestead credit in my ex husband's name, just as I was trying to avoid foreclosure. Jack called me personally and offered me my lost investment money on another lot. I took it as another smart and peaceful business move, not a scam. I Google Earthed the new plot, but am not sure I did it right. I need to make it a primary residence or pass the lot onto family this year, so I welcome any feedback and help, as I am an SSI recipient and can't wait to leave the WI blizzard outside my window! Please email me if you can guide me through the Google Earth process again or suggest places to stay and purchase supplies when I arrive there! [email protected] Thanks, Llora

• My
    mymeathead2000 Apr 05, 2011

My family just purchased 20 acres in the blue quail ranch. we just made our 2nd payment and plan on moving down there this summer. the problem we have is lack of info and what exactly do we expect to find beside desert. we would love to talk to someone who really lives in the town or on one of the ranches. And the big question we have is there any work and any places to rent while we build our home. So would someone please help you can reach us at "[email protected]" thanks neighbor

• Pa
    Paul Sinclair Sep 25, 2011

I am looking at buying a 20 acre lot in the Blue Quail Ranch off of the Big tank Rd. Any comments on the area would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul Sinclair.

• Po
    potential custome Nov 20, 2011

In researching the properties available, according to the map posted on Sunset Ranches web site the longitude and latitude on their map doesn't match the area according to several other website maps. what's the deal?

• In
    Interested_LAND Dec 07, 2011

We are considering purchasing land in the Cornudas Ranch (off Highway 62 between El Paso and Dell City). My question is why are mineral rights not included in the sale and who has (or keeps) mineral rights.

scooterdelaware Feb 05, 2012

im looking to possibly fly down there this month and physically look at some land there, is there anybody that could give me some good pointers, or people there to talk to? Thank-you!!

• As
    AshleyAlexandria Feb 08, 2012

IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. THEN IT PROBABLY IS. I would NEVER give anyone money for a parcel of land without first going to the exact location and walking on it. Making sure that it really exists. I have driven through this part of TX and to be honest it is not a place that I would live. This part of TX is unsafe. Mexican drug cartels have taken over El Paso to the point that Police officers are scared to go out onto the streets. I live in Austin, and hear some horrifying stories about Drug and Mexican Mafia/Cartels all the time. Always around this part of TX/EL PASO/BORDER. Put the money you would spend on this into a Roth IRA and save your money.

Joseph DuPont Feb 09, 2012

So what about their money back guarantee? Do they honor this? Or is that a scam too. 1500 foot minimum home plus garage.. 180 days to complete???

• Co
    Concernsperson Feb 20, 2012

Hi, to all those peoples who brought land from sunsetranches. I'm new at this and had been thinking of buying 20 or 40 acres land. I'm from El Paso but, living in New Mexico. I have always wanted to purchase some land and have horses there. I have been reading some of the posted comments about sunsetranches? I'm to wonder about the land they are selling, How realistic are they? are they a scram? I quess we all take a risks but, the only different is that I'm not young but, old in my mid 50's and can't afford to be scramed or taking by them on their misrepresentation? I do tend to believe that they are honest cause, I seen this ad so many times in the papers for years and like someone said, if they won't honest the attorney general of Texas would have put a stop to it!! So, if anyone have any information please let me know. my email is [email protected]

StrongWilder Mar 03, 2012

I am looking to purchase a parcel of 20 acres also from Sunset Ranch, now my question is why can't I have the mineral rights to my own land? So, if I dug down for water and hit oil it belongs to someone else?? That's stupid! I live in Illinois and can't conceive a flash flood in the desert. I want to raise cattle can you fence this land off? I think it would be better to ask Sunset for a deed with a lien (not lean) on it to hold in your hand. If you are planning to buy email mail me please and share info [email protected] I am worried about the Cartel and illegals running across my land.

joetam Mar 10, 2012

im looking to buy land in yexas at sunset ranches and have read all the complaints and reveiws . and it sounds like a great place and i am looking forward to coming for a visit to purchase land thank you all for your positive input on sunset ranches glad to know im in on a good thing thank you all very much and if anyone has any advice on sunset ranches and the land please contact me for am moving there this summer .. being cold in maine lol have a good day all u can write me at [email protected] thanks for any information u all give

Rosss Apr 04, 2012

I just purchased 357 acres at Quail Ranch, and the potential of this land out-weights the negative, but true concerns. The future private space center is a reality, and the enormous potential of this land in the long term, 10-20 years will make some land owners very wealthy. The space center will induced supporting, and new research companies to establish with in the area, housing will be required, business will follow.
    People buy land for many reasons, perhaps the primary reason is to have a piece of land to call your own, and pass it on to your kids later in life, and buying land in this area is not for everyone, but for individuals like myself is the equivalent of buying Google stock when it was 20dls. You are only betting it will go up, but if you do your research you have a better chance to succeed, in my case I'm only following the money, and very wealthy individuals in the technology field have purchased enormous pieces of land in this area with in the last year, I'm sure they did not buy this land to build their homes...Food for thought!

• Tl
    Tlcpets2010 Jul 01, 2012

hi there where looking into buy land. where do we go to find information on water tanks and delivery of water to our land. please help us someone.

JayDBurton Aug 01, 2012

I have looked into the sale of “Sunset Ranches” awhile back; they are certified by the Better Business Bureau and various other groups for being honest and forth right. There is always one or two in every crowd that is displeased with everything! So it does not surprise me that there are a few complaints. Yes, this land is not fully developed yet, and yes there are better areas than others…but it’s up to the buyer to find out all these details. Ten to fifteen years from now the land will be fully developed and a hell of a lot more money! As they are not making any more land in this world. If you want some land around you and not a lot of people, there are some great areas still left…but they are selling fast. I live in an expensive crowded area, and I can’t wait to build my home and buy a horse for my new property when I retire in ten years or less. Don’t listen to the clowns who complain about being hung with a new rope! Sunset Ranches will be fully sold someday soon, and you will wish you had bought some property when the prices were quite reasonable. Congratulations to those who did buy, and I look forward to having you as neighbors.

• Pw
    pweddo Aug 29, 2012

Can anyone who already got a well drilled and sewage hooked up tell me how much I'm lookin at spending

• J. Overstreet Nov 15, 2012

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the area out at Sunset Ranch? I haven't been through that area since I was just a kiddo. I lived in the Mojave Dessert growing up so I figured I would buy some land out there. So I did, 60 acres worth to start. If you have any photos please email them to me if you don mind at [email protected] Thank you.