Menu
Sunoco
reviews & complaints

Sunoco
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

202 complaints
16 resolved 186 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Sunoco. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:40 am EDT

Sunoco - asst. manager has touchy feely problem

On Monday I went to Sunoco to pick up an employee handbook and Tom the district manager asked if he could speak to me, he asked me to clock in and we went out back. He asked what happened between me and the DHL guy last week, I have been working night shifts for weeks so I don't understand how me and this individual could have had a confrontation if he only comes in between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm. Rita and Vallerie have been calling Tom to the store and accusing me of being rude to invisible customers since June and he is not addressing the issue with them. I have asked Mitch and Kate to have Hellen (Toms boss) come into the store to oversee what is really going on but Mitch told me that is impossible because Tom is a district manager. Rita has touched my breast inappropriatly twice by the grill and forced me to look at her husband half nude by the office and upper management is treating it like the Penn State situation by ignoring the problem and trying to fire me becuase I complained about the abuse, Rick and Rita earlflick each other until they draw blood, I also told Tom about Rita telling me that she will destroy Tiffany and take everything that she has if she sues her. Rita also said that the only reason Tiffany won her unemployment hearing is because Rick forgot his laptop. I shouldn't have been moved to night shift because I don't want Rita touching me and keep declining her offer to go out drinking after work and I don't appreciate Vallerie's racist rants against the Company because she had her time at the top and blew it 20 years ago. Tom, Rita, Vallerie and Rick have been pulling me in the office since June for fraudulent complaints instead of Tom asking Rita and Vallerie what is your problem.

10:04 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at Sunoco this morning to pick up my employee handbook and the district manager Tom asked what happened between me and the DHL guy last week. Hello! I have been slammed with night shifts for weeks so where does this altercation come in when Mr. Dunlap told me in July that this employee is not allowed in the store anymore and is not to get involved...

H
11:05 am EDT

Sunoco - fraud

I took my truck to this station in 2010 for inspection. They run a special 39.99 for inspection and emissions. When I went to pick it up they said it passed emissions but failed the inspection because the ball joint was bad. I said but my son is a certified mechanic and he replaced the ball joint about 1 yr prior. They're response was "its bad and needs to be replaced". I calle my son that night and he said there was no way it went bad that fast so, that weekend he got under my car and measured whatever it was he had to measure and said it was worn but was within limits and should have passed. My son called them and told them about the work he did on it and the measurment he did for inspection purposes and told them that they should not have failed the inspection and gave them a chance to rethink and correct their mistake and they refused. Next step was to report them to state police. The police contacted me, met me at the station, made them reinspect the ball joint and prove that it didn't pass well, they were warned and fined by the state police because it should have passed. My son at the time was working for an auto dealer that did not do their own inspections or I would have taken my truck to him. A ball joint replacement costs back then 3-4-500.000? I fear to think how many people they did this to before they got caught. I'm sure if you needed to you could check with the state police in Trevose to verify

A
11:31 am EDT

Sunoco - rude employee

Stopped for gas 4/17/12, at the Sunoco in Denville on Route 10 and Franklin rd. the attendant was too lazy to come to the window to get my credit card, I opened the passenger side door to give him my credit card. After pumping the gas he handed me back my credit card and I asked for a receipt, he got upset that I asked for it he asked me "you want a receipt?" I told him yes I need it for an expense account (not that I should have to explain anything to him). crossed his arms after punching the button on the pump and kept shaking his head back and forth, When he handed the receipt to me I thanked him only to have him open my passenger side door open fully then walk away to wait on some one else. I sat there in disbelief for a few moments, I had to get out of my car to close the door, he watched me with a smile on his face. I walked over to him and told him " thank you for closing my door" I will NEVER go back to this station and I will be happy to let everyone else know to not waste their time or money there as well.

E
5:55 pm EST

Sunoco - sounds like bait and switch to me

Went to the Sunoco Gas Station on Route 10 West in Denville, NJ this morning and asked for $30.00 Regular Cash. After the attendant pumped the gas, I noticed that I received 10 gallons of gas for $30.00. When I questioned him, all of a sudden he didn't understand what I was saying. He charged me the Credit price, instead of the Cash price. There just happened to be a Denville police officer in the area, I flagged him down and he was going to investigate why they are lying about their $2.81 gas price. Here they get people in there thinking that the gas is so cheap, when they charge them the $3.01 anyway. And I called a friend to go to the same gas station and get gas, and the same thing happened to her. DO NOT BUY GAS FROM SUNOCO ON ROUTE 10 WEST IN DENVILLE. Sounds like bait and switch to me.

6:48 pm EST

Sunoco - questionable business practices

I called this company which also calls itself Mohawk heating; and I spoke to Kathy who tol me I had a credit but I still had to pay the full amount not including the credit! So I informed kathy that I want to cancel my account with their company, this was on the first of december. When I called in I was spoken to harshly and I thank God that there is more oil suppliers in my area! I called today on the 10th of december to find out by Kathy that my account was not closed and she refused my request to send me written notice that my account would be closed! So here I am fed up and angry but relieved the is hope in the fact that I can report this matter to the bbb, attorney general and irs! :-) audit time!

T
4:44 pm EDT

Sunoco - rip off

I went to the sunoco gas station i had a $50.00 walmart card, there was only $9.00 left on the card when i gave the guy the card he looked at the card and laugh and said where did i get this card and then said how much did i pay for it was it $40.00 dollars i said no i paid $50.00 like it said on the card then i told him i wanted $9.00 in gas he ran the card and told me i need 0.85 he said there was not enough money on the card i told him i was gonna go to the car and get the 0.85 when i got back in the store he cancel the whole trasactoin and told me i would get a refund in 24hr i ask him why he did that ihe said there was not enough on my card he gave me a recipt and he over charge me 0.85 thats why it didnt go through. i was out of gas he wouldnt give me any gas i called walmart they said the gas was charge so the just kept my money and the gas i had to ask someone to give me money to get gas so i could leave.

2 comments
A
Feb 20, 2012 1:21 am EST

I was charged $26 for only $16 worth of scratch offs and when I confronted the cashier she didn't want to know anything

C
Oct 22, 2011 2:17 am EDT

DON'T PURCHASE SUNOCO GAS OR PRODUCTS! OPPORTUNISTS & RIP-OFFS

I WENT TO PURCHASE 4 PACKS OF NEWPORTS & THIS MIDDLE EASTERN MAN CHARGES ME $6.19/PACK. HE ALSO TELLS ME SUNOCO DOES NO HONOR CIGARETTE COUPONS. ON ANOTHER OCCASION WHEN I WAS PURCHASING GAS IN MANASSAS, VA THE SUNOCO GAS STATION CHARGED ME A WHOPPING $1.00 PER GALLON MORE WHEN I TRIED USING MY GIANT CARD.

THIS COMPANY IS A FLAGRANT GOUGER, CHARGES THE HIGHEST PRICES AROUND AND WILL RIP THE UNSUSPECTING CONSUMER OFF EVERY CHANCE THEY GET. A BUNCH OF DAM THIEVES IF YOU ASK ME.
DON'T BUY SUNOCO! THEY SUCK!

N
4:42 pm EDT

Sunoco - got curse by boss

I went to the sunoco gas station @ 717 nott street the cashier had no clue how to handle the transaction. He called his boss from home after overcharge me $25 and would not let me pump the gas. His boss got me on the phone and star cursing me out. States "I know you you are the same lady who come here all the time and try to get f... Cash". I had no idea what he wsa talkink about I do not usually go to that gas station. He called me all the bad name in the book and hang up the phone. I never been so humiliated in my all life. I know that I wiil never put my feet there again.

7:03 pm EDT

Sunoco - rude cashier

One thing that I have found that I do not recommended buying a money order at these stores. No one will cash them unless you have a bank account to deposit the money order in. Second of all I walked in with a back pack on my back that contained my laptop and the cashier yells at me from across the room and tells me I can not be in the store with a back pack and I had to leave it at the door. I paid 1400 for the laptop and I am not going to leave it at the door. So I walked out and took my business else where. I will not be doing any more of my shopping at this gas station.

1:49 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Applied for Sunoco credit card, received it then a month or so later received a notice of this card changing to a "Hybrid " card, with two separate sections, oner for consumer purposes and the other for gas only, . No where did it mention (unless it was the usual super fine print)that there would be two separate payments due for one card. Needless to say...

W
4:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

1. Written by Won't Go Back, on 09-02-2011 17:29 I planned to use my debit card at a Sunoco fuel pump to fill up my tank like I usually do but unbeknownst to me the station put a $75 hold on my account (there was twice that in the account) and still declined the card. I reran it as credit which I found out put an additional $100 hold on my account and of...

P
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went to local Sunoco station in Chelsea, MI on 1/10/2011. Gas price was $3.09 for regular, but when I swiped my debit card, price showed $3.19. Double checked posted prices and it is 10 cents more for "credit". Without even putting nozzle into my car, I hit Cancel and left, got gas down the road. When I checked my account online, Sunoco had a $25 charge a...

8:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This Guy Bob Larue is sold me a car that had the engine held toghether with super glue. He is a dishonest man. avoid him at all cost he is acrook. ge was the manager of kendall park sunoco in princton nj but not sure if still there or opened his own shop. jumps title on vehicle also. completer P.O.S dirt bag

4:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I were highly regarded customers of Sunoco Oil for several years with an impecable record until one day last year I stopped in for gas at the corner of Airport -Pulling Rd & Radio Rd in Naples Fla. My husband and I always pay at the pump and in trying to do so, it indicated for me to see the manager. I walked inside and the manager stated my...

1:05 pm EDT

Sunoco - be careful

I made a gas purchase of $10 in cash and $6 off of my debit card.

When I was dispensing the gas, I noticed the price the attendent charged was $2.95/gallon instead of $2.85/gallon.

If you use your debit/credit card, they charge an extra $0.10 per dollar, but $0.10 less if you use cash - the attendent put the tender as ALL CREDIT CARD.

BE CAREFUL WHEN USING CASH AND CREDIT CARD TO PURCHASE FUEL WITHIN THE SAME TRANSACTION! They will charge you the HIGHER amount even though MOST of the purchase was made with cash!

1 comment
W
Jul 08, 2010 3:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is actually something that certain chains of gas stations or certain states do. They will list 2 separate prices for both cash and credit, and it's usually due to extra fees associated with credit card usage.

I know it sucks, but this is something you're going to find. I saw it a lot in New York, and it can't really be gotten past.

E
3:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son went into this gas station to purchase cigs and used a coupon and later i went in and tried to use a coupon for cigs also and the employee refused to accept my coupon and was very rude. and when i tried to explain he got beligerant and told me to leave. unlucky for him i am unemployed and will be standing in front of his store monday morning holding...

12:24 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I wrote to you before about the daily begger a your A-plus Mini Mart at 514 Highland Ave., Pittsburgh, PA. He is out there begging every day! He also begs at Giant Eagle and Citizen's Bank ATM. Do we have to be confronted by a beggar everytime we buy your gasolene? Today there were two (2) beggers! I do not think this present a profession appearance to see not one but two beggars at your gasolene station!

J
11:24 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a daily customer at this station and everytime I would go in when the manager is there, she is doesnt greet any customers, also, very rude and disrespectful. I have heard many times from her employees that shes the worst person to work for and that she treats her employees like she treats customers. Please I hope we can resolve this major issue. Thank you, , Sherri

8:38 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I regularly go to this gas station with my PriceChopper Fuel AdvantEdge card for fuel savings. On Sunday, January 18th, 2009, I accumulated 50 cents per gallon of savings, and went to the Sunoco on South Rd in Poughkeepsie around 5:45 pm. By following the direction at the pump and swiping my AdvantEdge card first, and my credit card, the pump screen showed...

5:37 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought on 02-05-2009 at 5.15 pm from there a two pack of cigerates on special offer . The sign says 6.98$.The employee asked me for 8.55$ i paid him that amount without paying attention I left the store and openned on pack, then i figured out i paid him more than it should be. I came back to him after like 3 miutes and i told him that the price is 6.98$ and...

Sunoco contacts