Strayer Universitymy personal info changed in their system without my knowledge

Strayer university is corrupt. I'm in the process of filing an fcba violations against them. Due to family issues I had to drop out early feb. 2011 out of one class and I hadn't started in the mini session yet for the other class, when I explained to the financial office my situation, a mr. Reece said that because I started already I might have to pay since my financial aid may not pay because I wasn’t in class long enough, but he was not sure and would let me know and mail me some paper work to fill out. With all that was going on with my mom being sick with cancer and me constantly in and out of town, I didn't realize I haven't receive any letters from strayer since I left school. So I called strayer on sept.28th to see about registering again for winter classes. First, the girl I spoke with, jasmine, couldn't even find me in their system; she then proceeded to tell me they had changed over to a new computer system, so that could be why she was having a hard time finding me in their system. So finally after me giving her all my other personal info, she said it’s weird that the she see's my name but the address does not match, I said well I haven't moved so maybe it's someone else. So after her searching over and over again she asked for my ss# and my dob and then she said, it was me she saw in the system but with the different address. She I asked me if I recently moved,? I said no!
I said well why did someone change my address to another state and a different phone number, she said it might have been a computer glitch, "really" I said. Anyway she then proceeds to tell me that I have an outstanding balance of $645.00 and it's been sent to collection... Wwwhhhaattt!
I said how can I owe money that has been sent to collections when I was never notified that any money was ever owed to strayer. I never received an e-mail, a letter not even a phone call about this money I owed since I left school in feb.2011 and it's now sept.28th 2011, she then says it could have been because of my change of address, I then said, "who changed my address"? She couldn't give me an answer
So now this is on my credit! I haven't moved so why is my address different in your system? And of course she had no answer for me. So she transferred me to the finance office where a mister reece proceeds to tell me he understands me being upset but all he can do is give me the number of the collection department so I could pay it... Whaaatttt! I quickly calmed myself down and asked to speak with his boss, the director of the school, mrs. Wylette tillman-provo. He gave me her name and connected me to her desk; of which I got the her voice mail. So I left a message. I thought this is just not right. I then did some checking and found out that what they did, by not notifying me is a violation of the fair credit billing act (fcba), failure to send bills to your current address. And they didn't because someone had changed my home address and home phone number in their system, and they don't know how or who did it. The same month I dropped out... Really!
I never recieved a call back from mrs. Provo, so I her a registerd letter about the error strayer university had made with my account. Still no response!!!

So now because this in collections, it's on my credit report and affecting my credit score, which before this I had nothing delinquent on my credit report. This is also affecting me in finding a job because i'm unemployed and companies always check your credit. I also cannot get my almost 2 years of class credits from strayer so I could continue my education at another school. Strayer university has totaly messed up my life and after dooing some research, I found out strayer has been doing stuff like this to alot of other students. Why is strayer university being allowed to continue to do this to students while still taking our money???

• St
    StrayerFromStrayer Mar 18, 2012

This video depicts how crappy Strayer is. They treat their employees like crap and the students even worse. These type of schools are loan mills.

Click Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9HM6I1Cgs

• He
    Helpful Veteran Aug 23, 2017

@StrayerFromStrayer Here is someone who will listen.
    Contacts for Corporate Alliances
    2303 Dulles Station Blvd
    Mail stop 6E Herndon, VA 20171/
    Phone: [protected]
    Contacts for Alumni
    Alumni Affairs Office
    Web: http://alumni.strayer.edu
    Contacts for opting out of marketing solicitations
    Request removal from Strayer University’s marketing lists.
    Contacts for this Website

Contact them or go to
    If you prefer, you may contact the Inspector General's Hotline by:

Calling the OIG Hotline's toll free number 1-800-MIS-USED. Hotline Operators take calls during the hours of Monday and Wednesday 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM, Eastern Time; Tuesday and Thursday, 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM, Eastern Time except for holidays.

This is for Student loan fraud hotline...
    Downloading a hardcopy of the Hotline Complaint Form, and completing, mailing or faxing to:

Inspector General's Hotline
    Office of Inspector General
    U.S. Department of Education
    400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
    Washington, D.C. [protected]
    Fax: [protected]

Department of Education will listen also.