[Resolved] Straight Talk Wirelessdata throttling on $55 unlimited data plan

D Sep 14, 2018 Review updated:

I have had Straight Talk wireless for several years. They recently started selling unlimited data plans for $55 a month. I have been paying $55 for an unlimited plan and they are throttling data again just like they did before when customers were awarded 40 million dollars in 2015 for throttling data. They are now apparently claiming that 60 gigabytes is unlimited data. I have subscribed to a number of streaming services like Google play music and headspace paying them $15 a month for their services which I cannot use because Straight Talk throttles my data even though I'm on an unlimited plan. When I called to complain they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I'm sick of paying for a service I do not receive. Straight Talk is clearly in violation of the terms of the settlement agreement that they reached in 2015 about throttling data. I missed out on the settlement but I heard about it and they're right back to doing the same thing.

• Straight Talk Wireless's response · Sep 14, 2018

Hi, Dee Dee C. This is Sara from Straight Talk Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience and trouble that you've experienced with our service. I see you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

• Resolution Statement

• 9w
    9wood Sep 14, 2018

report the throttling to the fcc and ftc
    as for your service I would go with T-Mobile or Verizon